Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » The Most Underrated Characters In Comics

The Most Underrated Characters In Comics

2 pages: [1] 2
BurningDoom
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:09:13 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, TV Host
Who are the most underrated characters in comics, in your opinion?

My pick would be Black Adam.

He's basically a ruthless Superman, but not a complete moron like Bizarro is. He's also one of those bad guys that you can respect. He's not straight evil. He's a guy who's lived through centuries of violence, and that's just the way things were back then. so he has no compunction against killing; and the good guys label him a bad guy as a result. And he has his people's best interest at heart (much like Dr. Doom).

Plus, when he needs to be, he's a complete bad-ass. Just read "52: World War III" if you don't believe me. It took like every superhuman on Earth to stop him when he rampaged out of control after his wife died.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:50:47 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Booster Gold - the greatest hero you've never heard of.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BruceReville
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:58:03 PM
Groups: Member
Megalith - keep Neal Adams away and do him properly he would be awesome - Same with Valeria the She-Bat.
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Khaine
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:58:58 PM
I always like cloak & dagger and wanted to see them get a ongoing series but, even if they did now I probably wouldn't pick it up.
ukblueky
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:21:45 PM
I'll second Black Adam.
My pick would probably go to Ghost Rider.
andyborehol
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:26:59 PM
I'll throw Moon Knight out there as a candidate. I haven't read any of the 80s or 90s Moon Knight titles (recommended runs, anyone?) but I LOVED the last 12-issue series that Bendis wrote and I think it flew under the radar of most people.

If I were to chose a villain I'd go with Cyber. He's probably the only character with a deeper hatred of Wolverine than Sabretooth. He was so relentless that the writers couldn't think of any way to stop him other than killing him...which they did twice!

rook68
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:03:44 PM
I will second Moon Knight and add Black Panther. I hope they make a movie for each of these characters one of these days. I can only hope because if you can do an Antman movie. Anything is possible.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

comicscastle
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:08:49 PM
Under rated and for good reason would be Stone Boy from the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

KingZombie
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:27:00 PM
andyborehol wrote:
I'll throw Moon Knight out there as a candidate. I haven't read any of the 80s or 90s Moon Knight titles (recommended runs, anyone?) but I LOVED the last 12-issue series that Bendis wrote and I think it flew under the radar of most people.

YES!!! #1 most underrated hero is Moon Knight. And I absolutely recommend the Doug Moench/Bill Sienkiewicz run from the first volume. It was about a 30+ issue run. Better than anything Batman was doing at the time.
rook68
Friday, February 07, 2014 9:53:26 AM
I am going to add Grifter to this list. Always loved this character. Wished they did more with him.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Atilla2k
Friday, February 07, 2014 11:28:54 AM
Plastic Man

This dude is Bad-Arsed! One of the most powerful metas in DC and he's treated/written like a joke! Jack Cole's original vision of him was as the straightman in a crazy world, the villians & supporting characters were the silly/goofy/absurd ones... He deserves some respect.
kisstour03
Friday, February 07, 2014 1:38:03 PM
I'd have to go with Moon Knight and Plastic Man.
icarus201
Friday, February 07, 2014 2:02:34 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Ant-Man and Ambush Bug are two for me. Ant-Man doesn't really get the respect he deserves. Let's put it into perspective; One of the very first Marvel Silver Age super-heroes, bar the Fantastic Four. Founding member of Avengers. Movie currently in production, and still very active in mainstream Marvel continuity, even though with as many as 3 modern day counterparts using the identity.

Ambush Bug doesn't get enough exposure, because popular belief is that he's just a pale Deadpool rip-off, rather than the other way around. When handled by the right creators I'm sure that there could be a little room for him in this DC New 52, but I guess that's only for dark and gritty characters now.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
DZyFX0
Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:42:45 AM
I don't know about #1 but I really hate how underrated Zatanna is. I want her to be more known because she is so badass.
kidlippy
Saturday, February 22, 2014 9:16:56 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I say any B rated character that isn't being used to their full potential. Look at Mysterio. Great character. A villain that made a superhero go to a head doctor (Spider-Man) and look what he did to Wolverine in Old Man Logan. And who would ever think that Norman Osborn would rule Marvel for over a year in Dark Reign?
DZyFX0
Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:18:15 AM
kidlippy wrote:
I say any B rated character that isn't being used to their full potential. Look at Mysterio. Great character. A villain that made a superhero go to a head doctor (Spider-Man) and look what he did to Wolverine in Old Man Logan. And who would ever think that Norman Osborn would rule Marvel for over a year in Dark Reign?

Mysterio was always one of my favorite villains. He's bursting with potential.
MoonKnight1
Sunday, February 23, 2014 10:21:22 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
DZyFX0 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

I think it's tough to write Mysterio stories. For one thing, once he is revealed as the villain you (the reader) already know that there will be illusions and fake-outs. In my opinion, the best Mysterio story was Guardian Devil from Daredevil (1998-9) written by Kevin Smith.

You didn't know it was Mysterio until almost the end and some important stuff happened including Bullseye killing Karen Page for one. If you haven't already read it forget what I said and go pick it up. Definitely a great story arc.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Atilla2k
Sunday, February 23, 2014 11:21:22 AM
DZyFX0 wrote:
I don't know about #1 but I really hate how underrated Zatanna is. I want her to be more known because she is so badass.

I wholeheartedly agree! (Pre-New 52 Zatanna, that is!)
DZyFX0
Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:04:23 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
DZyFX0 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

I think it's tough to write Mysterio stories. For one thing, once he is revealed as the villain you (the reader) already know that there will be illusions and fake-outs. In my opinion, the best Mysterio story was Guardian Devil from Daredevil (1998-9) written by Kevin Smith.

You didn't know it was Mysterio until almost the end and some important stuff happened including Bullseye killing Karen Page for one. If you haven't already read it forget what I said and go pick it up. Definitely a great story arc.

I'll definitely check it out. But that's one of the greatest things about Mysterio. The illusions. Everyone loves a good story that makes you go "wait, what?" I really hope Mysterio gets somewhere, he just needs a dedicated writer.
kidlippy
Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:49:03 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
MoonKnight1 wrote:
DZyFX0 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

I gotta find this Daredevil book. Thanks MoonKnight1!