Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The voting system Options
robofan78
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 8:57:53 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Well I just looked and everything I submitted yesterday has "votes down" on it. At first I thought it was someone against me personally but I went through and looked at the first 6 or so on the list for active requests, and it looks like we have a jerk with nothing better to do on their hands but to just vote everyone's requests down. I think maybe they should make it where if you vote something down you have to leave a comment with it to explain WHY it is not acceptable so we don't have this immature crap happening on here. I am not sure how the approval system works but I'm sure voting something down doesn't help it happen any quicker. Personally I keep a pile of comics that aren't in the data base and don't put them away until I can input them in here. I have so many comics it's hard to keep things straight. There have been times I've bought doubles because I put something away while waiting for it to be added thinking I'd remember, I forget, and it shows up as a gap needing to be filled.
SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 9:36:19 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Or, it's the fact that almost everything currently in the Change Request system has problems (both large and small) which require time-consuming corrections. Between three other submitters there are 30+ CRs that had no effort put into them other than clicking Add Issue or Add Variant and putting in a cover - all other info was left alone or not added. There were already numerous other bad CRs held over from last week.

I was only on my phone yesterday (a Sunday evening), so leaving comments for every problem isn't viable. Leaving a quick No vote allows for a) other approvers to note something is probably wrong and/or b) the submitter to take a second look.

Specifically looking at the three of your five that I voted no on, your captions jump out on these as we use the word Cover on all captions and don't arbitrarily throw "Variant" on anything (except the Phantom Variants which say exactly that on the cover). And all variants need a caption of some kind. That's all before looking at anything in the CR.

ADD VARIANT: Revival (2012) 5-C Jenny Frison Phantom Variant
ADD VARIANT: Zero (2013) 2-B by Image
ADD VARIANT: Other Dead 1-B Dave Dorman 1/10 Variant Cover

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Thundercron
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 10:11:44 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I would suggest to anybody submitting CR's to always track it's progress through the approval process, and compare the approved CCL entry against your original submission. Note any differences, particularly with the captions. This proves invaluable to determining how the approvers like things worded/phrased, and will speed up future requests.
comicscastle
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 10:26:13 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I suggest reading the Change Request Guidelines first and not assuming you know what needs to be done. I also suggest checking with any Approver if you have questions, before making a CR.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 10:37:36 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Thundercron wrote:
I would suggest to anybody submitting CR's to always track it's progress through the approval process, and compare the approved CCL entry against your original submission. Note any differences, particularly with the captions. This proves invaluable to determining how the approvers like things worded/phrased, and will speed up future requests.
Absolutely correct in every way. CCL's CR system is not the Phoenix weapons system on an F-14 - no "fire and forget" here if you want to hit the target.
comicscastle wrote:
I suggest reading the Change Request Guidelines first and not assuming you know what needs to be done. I also suggest checking with any Approver if you have questions, before making a CR.
Yes, we are working towards making sure CCL is the best comics database available with only the best and most accurate information.
If you need help, see my sig - any of the approvers will be happy to assist. We all realize that the system can be daunting and is less than "user-friendly" - but we are also all volunteers and have real lives and jobs. If you need help, your best bet on getting it is to ask.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
robofan78
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 11:22:42 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

okay so what exactly was wrong with the Revival Phantom variant? It is the same info as the regular number 1 and I added that is was still drawn by Jenny Frison and was the Phantom variant and it still was voted down. The Zero issue was all drawn by the same artist, so all the info was the same, hence the A and B variants, etc. It's a comic issue, not life or death, info can always be added later. I don't buy that "I was on my phone and couldn't comment", then wait to vote something down and explain why so people can fix it.
So honestly, everyone on here would rather have missing issues than to have an issue that someone wrote the word variant (when it infact said Phantom Variant on the cover) or a tiny piece of info missing? When i fill them out I will put as many artists and info as I can find at the time.
SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 11:55:40 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

robofan78 wrote:
okay so what exactly was wrong with the Revival Phantom variant? It is the same info as the regular number 1 and I added that is was still drawn by Jenny Frison and was the Phantom variant and it still was voted down. The Zero issue was all drawn by the same artist, so all the info was the same, hence the A and B variants, etc. It's a comic issue, not life or death, info can always be added later. I don't buy that "I was on my phone and couldn't comment", then wait to vote something down and explain why so people can fix it.
So honestly, everyone on here would rather have missing issues than to have an issue that someone wrote the word variant (when it infact said Phantom Variant on the cover) or a tiny piece of info missing? When i fill them out I will put as many artists and info as I can find at the time.

Nothing is being "voted down" or deleted. It's being voted No to indicate it's not ready to be added to the database for lack of completion or some needed tweaking. The idea that "info can always be added later" is great in theory, but rarely happens. That's why it needs to be as good as possible when it goes in.

The Revival issue had the caption "Jenny Frison Phantom Variant" when it needed to be "Jenny Frison Phantom Cover" and have the tag added. This may not be important to you, but it's important to the database and CCL to have consistency from one issue to the next.

The Zero issue had no caption at all. If there are two or more covers to a book they HAVE to have a caption of some kind. I added them this morning.

Other Dead should not have the word "Variant" in the caption. CCL avoids the word variant in captions because the fact that there is more than one cover to the same issue inherently means it's a variant. I haven't had time to look over the rest of the submission or do any research to approve that one. And, again, this may not be important to you individually, but you are submitting something for the use of hundreds (thousands?) of other users. Things will almost always be edited to maintain consistency to keep the database as professional looking as possible.

And, sorry, but I'm not writing up stuff like the three paragraphs above for 30+ entries on a Sunday night from my phone. The submissions weren't database ready. That's all that needed to be pointed out at the time.

"Words have meaning." - my wife