Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Jimmy Kimmel Controversy. Seriously? Options
KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:14:17 PM

Groups: Member

China Wants Jimmy Kimmel to Apologize...

C'mon, is this not out of control? This is PC run amok. It was a little kids comment, who was clearly goofing around, Kimmel laughs it off and for that he's a racist? I'm not a fan of his, I just think this is ridiculously blown out of proportion.

I mean seriously.
4saken1
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:34:46 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey KingZombie! Do you have the text for that article? When I click on the link, it just show the title of the story for me....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

padreglcc
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:57:50 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Time Magazine wrote:
ABC has already issued two public apologies over a racially insensitive Jimmy Kimmel Live sketch in which a child suggested the U.S. “kill everyone in China” to solve its debt problem in an unscripted moment, but that didn’t stop a Chinese official from demanding Monday that the network say sorry again — and this time, “with a sincere attitude.”

“ABC should face up to its mistake, and respond with a sincere attitude to the reasonable demands by Chinese people in America, and prevent a similar incident from occurring again,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said at a news conference, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The Oct. 16 sketch drew immediate public ire after Kimmel responded to the kid’s questionable debt solution by asking surrounding child actors, “OK, that’s an interesting idea… Should we allow the Chinese to live?”

ABC issued its first “sincere apology” on Oct. 28, noting that it would “never purposely do anything to upset the Chinese, Asian or other communities.” Kimmel also apologized on air and at a protest — which featured signs showing the talk show host sporting a Hitler-esque mustache — saying the clip should never have been aired.

The White House condemned the sketch in an online statement Nov. 7, after a petition against Kimmel garnered more than 100,000 signatures.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:47:17 PM

Thanks Padre!
Khaine
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 8:57:38 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

and the white house sides with the commie country who has tons of human rights issues, instead of one of its citizens (im guessing jimmy kimmel is a US citizen might be Canadian who knows)

thats the real pisser....
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:06:49 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The proper response from China should have been, "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!"

That would have put that 8 year old in his place!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:12:27 AM

KingZombie wrote:
China Wants Jimmy Kimmel to Apologize...

C'mon, is this not out of control? This is PC run amok. It was a little kids comment, who was clearly goofing around, Kimmel laughs it off and for that he's a racist? I'm not a fan of his, I just think this is ridiculously blown out of proportion.

I mean seriously.

I think it had to do more with this being a "taped" segment that could have been removed. They taped the show before hand so they knew it was a not so nice remark, yet they chose to air it anyways. If it would have been live TV then not much you can do about it.

Kimmel aired it because he knew it would draw attention.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:15:59 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I don't know if all people understand this about comedians...but they say absurd, outrageous things to garner a laugh. Doesn't actually mean they believe what they're saying, they are playing for yuks.

The Chinese (government anyway) have no sense of humor. That is yet another country who will "disappear" you and your family if you show any sign of dissent or disagreement with state policies. I would like to see them "sincerely apologize" for their treatment of Tibetans, Uyghurs, Mongols, Vietnamese, Christians, Buddhists, their own damn citizens, etc.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:45:24 AM

Absurdity at its finest. Like mentioned in an earlier post why should China get an apology when their hands are far from clean. I guess the outrage came from Chinese American citizens cause I wouldn't figure American late night talk shows would air in China. Also who gives in over a petition signed by just 100,000 people?