Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
How does one become a Moderator/Host/Approver? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:05:49 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

If a Member wished to become a Moderator or Approver or Host what is the process to apply? And what would be the responsibilities of said position?

I am personally interested in being one or more of the above. Daydreaming

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:25:46 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

To become an Approver, you have to be invited. In order to receive that invite, you need to be nominated by one of the existing Approvers and then be voted on by the rest of the Approvers. That nomination is usually the result of seeing that you make consistent, quality, correct submissions to the Database, and that you have a good understanding of the Change Request Guidelines and Change Request System.

The process is similar to become a Moderator - you need to be nominated and then voted on by the existing Mods. In order for that to happen, there needs to be a need for another Mod and the existing Mods need to see active contributions to the forum discussions, and a good understanding of (and abiding by) the forum rules. Hosts are just Moderators that have responsibility over certain areas.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:24:08 PM

Shop at My Store

Just to clarify, I have no interest in being an Approver.

I believe that the Approvers we have now do an outstanding job and there probably isn't the need for another at this point. Plus, to be honest, I don't think that I am up to that task - at least not yet.

However, I am interested in being a Moderator. I'm not sure if there is a need for another one though. Is there a list of who the Mods are? I know that some people who have served in that capacity are no longer active on the site. I hate to single anyone out but for instance I noticed that in the Games section the VS subforum is hosted by epcomics whose last post was July 31, 2010. I'm sure he was an Approver at some point but is obviously not active now.

I think that I could be a valuable asset to the Community and would be honored to be a more integral part. I am on-line frequently and would be able to monitor potential violations such as the increasingly frequent spam-attacks we have been experiencing lately. I also follow the Forum Rules, I treat other Members with respect and I could watch some Forums that other Mod's don't typically view. Sports for example.

I don't want to nominate myself, and if the need is not there then I will wait until that time comes, but if one of the existing Mods think that I am an acceptable applicant I would be thrilled to be considered.

Either way, I'm good. Thank you for your consideration.

Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, December 07, 2013 1:11:16 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Can a regular civilian nominate someone to be a moderator? Because I would nominate Howie. I think another mod is needed to police this place in the off-hours (middle of the day, late at night, etc.). I grow tired at seeing all the spam postings, and would like to see someone around that can delete it a little more quicker than what I've been seeing lately.
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, December 07, 2013 2:03:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
Can a regular civilian nominate someone to be a moderator? Because I would nominate Howie. I think another mod is needed to police this place in the off-hours (middle of the day, late at night, etc.). I grow tired at seeing all the spam postings, and would like to see someone around that can delete it a little more quicker than what I've been seeing lately.
Hey, Howie has my vote, but as far as the spam goes I get rid of it just as quickly as I can. I'm averaging about 6 a day, which sucks. If I can catch them in the act I can get their IP address and suspend that. As is the best I can do is suspend their sign-on and force them to register each time they want to spam us. Mods can only delete posts in their section and they can't suspend.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar

padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, December 07, 2013 3:21:53 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

I'm in the middle of talking to Steve about expanding some Mod powers and eventually re-tooling how the Mods operate. Right now, outside of the CCL staff, Pat is the only one with site wide Mod powers. Makes things a little difficult to keep on top of things.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

padreglcc
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:45:52 PM

Howie, I'm willing to bring your name up to the other Mods and get a vote going. Out of curiosity, is there a particular area(s) that you'd be interesting in hosting? (It's not necessary that you host a particular area, but if there's one you've got your eye on, let me know.)

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:40:33 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:

Thanks Corey! I appreciate your support. You are a long time, well respected Member of this community and I thank you for your vote of confidence.

comicscastle wrote:
Hey, Howie has my vote, but as far as the spam goes I get rid of it just as quickly as I can. I'm averaging about 6 a day, which sucks. If I can catch them in the act I can get their IP address and suspend that. As is the best I can do is suspend their sign-on and force them to register each time they want to spam us. Mods can only delete posts in their section and they can't suspend.

Wow, what can I say. Pat is a class act and a cornerstone of Comic Collector Live and I am honored to have him behind me. Thank you very much, Sir.

I will reiterate that I believe the Mods we have now do a fantastic job with keeping the site copacetic. I am only offering my services because I think I can add to overall security and that the site would benefit from my contributions.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:10:58 PM

Shop at My Store

padreglcc wrote:
Howie, I'm willing to bring your name up to the other Mods and get a vote going. Out of curiosity, is there a particular area(s) that you'd be interesting in hosting? (It's not necessary that you host a particular area, but if there's one you've got your eye on, let me know.)

Thank you Jeremiah!

I am grateful for your willingness to support me and would do my best to uphold the high standards set forth by all of the Moderators.

There are two Forum's that I would be interested in Hosting initially.

Sports seems to be a niche that I would be good at monitoring. That is one of my interests and I would be there frequently.

Games is the other one. I think it would be fun to try and breathe new life into that section in addition to watching over it.

Anything else that I feel I am qualified for then I am more than willing to volunteer my services.

padreglcc wrote:
I'm in the middle of talking to Steve about expanding some Mod powers and eventually re-tooling how the Mods operate. Right now, outside of the CCL staff, Pat is the only one with site wide Mod powers. Makes things a little difficult to keep on top of things.

Pat of course does an outstanding job and I am sure everyone, myself included, appreciates all of the hard work he does keeping Comic Collector Live spam free. He has stated that he averages 6 blocks a day. Which means that often there are more than six. I would love to be able to help ease the load in any way I can.

I remain committed to Comic Collector Live. It is a wonderful site with some awesome Members and a bright future. Thank you all for even considering me and if I were to be appointed Mod/Host then I would carry out my duties professionally and in compliance with all stated standards.

Thank you,
Howie Hall

Hall Liquidations