Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Amazing Spider-Man 2 Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2013 12:11:11 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Here's the trailer that was released today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWec0bI3-98

Looks good. I'm excited. Some costumes were definitely different, though.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shadowdodger
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2013 12:13:41 AM

Groups: Member

Looks good! Definitely looking forward to this one. Did you catch any of the little goodies in the background?

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Thundercron
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2013 1:57:23 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Vulture Wings! Ock Arms! Apparently, Oscorp is behind everything....sinister.

And hey! Peter kept his mask on in every Spidey scene! I guess that means he's learning!

Other than every villain in this looking terrible, it just might be a decent movie.
Shizz
Posted: Saturday, December 07, 2013 10:54:15 AM

Looks pretty cool.
rook68
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:30:32 PM

Watched the trailer a few times and every time I am looking forward to this movie more and more. I haven't been this excited to see a Spiderman flick since the first Spiderman with Toby McGuire. The trailer is put together real well. Hopefully they left a lot more goodness in the movie when it comes out.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:07:39 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Dancing

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
kidlippy
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 10:23:29 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I can't wait for this movie. Not crazy about Rhino's apparent look, but I could live with that as long as the movie delivers.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

Shizz
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 6:09:22 PM

I thought about starting a new thread since AS2 opened this weekend but decided it didn't deserve one, or I was too lazy. Probably the later.

Very underwhelming. There was not a lot I liked about this movie. Web swinging across the city was probably the most enjoyable parts. Spiderman himself seemed pretty cool. However, Garfield is not that great of an actor. The story seemed rushed and didn't get anywhere, and where it did go there wasn't much in the way of explanations. The Pete and Gwen build up was too long and boring with not enough Spidey. Not to mention the lackluster villains. Electro had cool powers but was in and out too quick, Goblin was way too freaky looking with another in/out quick ratio, and the Rhino seemed more of a joke.

They did pull off the big impact at the end well(trying not to give any spoilers). I didn't enjoy AS2 near as much as I should have. They set up for the next movie well, though I'm not really looking forward to it.

BTW, did Fox pay Sony for the end credit clip? That was weird and unexpected.
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014 9:40:27 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Shizz wrote:
I thought about starting a new thread since AS2 opened this weekend but decided it didn't deserve one, or I was too lazy. Probably the later.

Very underwhelming. There was not a lot I liked about this movie. Web swinging across the city was probably the most enjoyable parts. Spiderman himself seemed pretty cool. However, Garfield is not that great of an actor. The story seemed rushed and didn't get anywhere, and where it did go there wasn't much in the way of explanations. The Pete and Gwen build up was too long and boring with not enough Spidey. Not to mention the lackluster villains. Electro had cool powers but was in and out too quick, Goblin was way too freaky looking with another in/out quick ratio, and the Rhino seemed more of a joke.

They did pull off the big impact at the end well(trying not to give any spoilers). I didn't enjoy AS2 near as much as I should have. They set up for the next movie well, though I'm not really looking forward to it.

I agree with you on a lot of accounts.

The whole Peter & Gwen thing.. Amazing! Very well done, loved it. You can tell that Macr Webb put much of his focus on this.

All of the action scenes were just generic. Not "bad", but nothing new either.

I also agree that swinging along with Spidey through the city was thrilling.

May main gripe is the movie's pacing. The gwen/peter scenese dragged on which wouldn't be so bad if the "cut" to action sequences wasn't so abrupt. It was very jarring in that sense and kind of exhausting to go through as a viewer.

My other main gripe is we don't get to see what Peter does when he's not with Gwen. Is he still in school? Is he JUST freelancing for the bugle? It wasn't fleshed out at all. Peter always struggled with juggling many aspects of his life as well as being Spider-Man, in this movie it just seems like he only juggled being Spider-Man & being Gwen's boyfriend.

The third act was great though.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
KingZombie
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014 5:14:03 PM

As much as I agree with some of the criticism, I loved this movie just because I feel it is the greatest representation of Spider-Man onscreen EVER.

This movie has ruined me from watching the Raimi films (although Spider-Man 3 nearly did that when it came out just because of how awful it was.) To me, this is the best Spider-Man movie ever.

Yeah, it feels rushed and the Green Goblin looked hokey but he was barely in it. I liked Electro, as much as he was basically the Riddler from Batman Forever, I thought Jamie Foxx did a great job and this version was way more badass than the comic version ever was.

Andrew Garfield is a way better Spider-Man/Peter Parker than Tobey ever was. And his chemistry with Emma Stone really makes the movie.

BTW, I saw the movie in IMAX 3D, which I highly recommend.

I was actually worried I wouldn't like this movie because of having too many things going on, too many villains, etc., but the director did a great job of having every thing move at a steady pace. It was very fluid.

Oh and one more thing, even though the Goblin looked hokey I thought Dane Dehaan was fantastic as Harry Osborn! This guy is an up and coming star, no doubt!
Dreadnok01
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 9:41:45 PM

Shizz wrote:

I actually enjoyed the entire movie, sure if I wanted to nitpick there were a couple of things that weren't that great. Overall all though it was a damn fine movie.
As to your question about the end credit clip, I read that Marc Webb had a contract to do a movie with Fox after the first ASM. When ASM2 was announced he struck a deal with Fox to help promote Days of Future past so he could be allowed to work on Spider-Man.
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:52:37 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

It was freaking AMAZING! Oh my god, why didn't I see this sooner?! Why did I wait for the cheap theater on this one?! And why the hell aren't more people talking about it?!!!

Easily the best super-hero movie of the year! And yes, I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past (also quite good) and Captain America 2 (enjoyable, but not as good as the hype would suggest).

The special effects were astounding. The action scenes were intense. The movie made you laugh at parts, and it damn near made me cry in other parts. The villains were quite believable, and you really felt for the poor guys in this movie. They were justified in their anger, to a degree. And oh man, I won't give it away, but such a heart-wrenching moment in there, which the movie really built-to and made you feel for these characters.

This was what a well-made super-hero film should be. Great action, great story, and it tugged at your heart-strings. It really felt like you were watching a Spider-Man comic come to life (minus the modern setting and tech, of course).

Now, all the gushing praise aside; I did have two complaints. First of all, Green Goblin felt shoe-horned in at the end, the same way Venom was at the end of Spider-Man 3. HOWEVER, that can be forgiven because the downfall of Harry Osborn leading up to it was quite believable and very well done. And it looks like they're going to continue to use him as a villain (among others) in the next Amazing Spider-Man film.

My other complaint is that when Electro finally did put on a legitimate costume, it looked completely retarded. Not every movie hero and villains should be in black leather, especially black leather with a stupid little lightning bolt on it.

Do yourself and favor, and go see this movie. You won't be disappointed if you like Spider-Man.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kidlippy
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 12:42:34 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
It was freaking AMAZING! Oh my god, why didn't I see this sooner?! Why did I wait for the cheap theater on this one?! And why the hell aren't more people talking about it?!!!

Easily the best super-hero movie of the year! And yes, I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past (also quite good) and Captain America 2 (enjoyable, but not as good as the hype would suggest).

The special effects were astounding. The action scenes were intense. The movie made you laugh at parts, and it damn near made me cry in other parts. The villains were quite believable, and you really felt for the poor guys in this movie. They were justified in their anger, to a degree. And oh man, I won't give it away, but such a heart-wrenching moment in there, which the movie really built-to and made you feel for these characters.

This was what a well-made super-hero film should be. Great action, great story, and it tugged at your heart-strings. It really felt like you were watching a Spider-Man comic come to life (minus the modern setting and tech, of course).

Now, all the gushing praise aside; I did have two complaints. First of all, Green Goblin felt shoe-horned in at the end, the same way Venom was at the end of Spider-Man 3. HOWEVER, that can be forgiven because the downfall of Harry Osborn leading up to it was quite believable and very well done. And it looks like they're going to continue to use him as a villain (among others) in the next Amazing Spider-Man film.

My other complaint is that when Electro finally did put on a legitimate costume, it looked completely retarded. Not every movie hero and villains should be in black leather, especially black leather with a stupid little lightning bolt on it.

Do yourself and favor, and go see this movie. You won't be disappointed if you like Spider-Man.

Totally agree. I thought it was a great movie. Loved the ending and the "Spider-Boy" scene with Spider-Man.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

Shogun684
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:49:07 AM

Loved the first one but very dissapointed with the second.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 5:14:21 PM

Finally saw this last night.

Overall, I thought it was very good and I enjoyed it.

I'm not familiar with this version of Electro as I haven't read a Spider-Man comic in many years, but I think Foxx delivered a solid performance.

I'm glad we didn't get too much Green Goblin. Save him for the next one.

Couldn't stand Rhino...which is too bad as I've always enjoyed Giamatti.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
ratrapp
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:30:52 AM

I liked it as well,just not as much as the first.they were still better than the tobey McGuire movies(I did like those too).I will still go see a 3rd one when it comes out.