Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Buyers Complaints! Options
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 12:46:13 PM

Groups: Member

Ok lately I have been getting more and more frustrated when I buy here. So much so that some days I go elsewhere for my buying itch just because it is getting to be such a pain to shop here. Ok so here is my list of gripes for you Sellers:

#1 SALES REFUNDS: One thing that really pisses me off is when a store has a sale offering partial refunds, then takes a week to refund my money. Sellers should be a lot faster refunding money, if I wanted my money held for way too long I would send it to the IRS. These delays also mean I have missed other sales because my money was tied up with seller "A" and missed seller "B"s sale.

#2 DELETING SALES THREADS: I have noticed some sellers just EDIT the title and topic of a thread instead of adding a new one. This to me is a giant red flag for problems. If you post something like a sale it should be a permanent post in case problems arise later. Not only does it look shady, but is shady to delete former sales threads.

#3 CUSTOMER SERVICE: When I place an order I shouldnt have to wait a week and then email you about the status of my order! If problems arise you should contact the buyer immediately to tell them of any delays. At the very least sellers should push that little button when an item ships so I know my comics are in the mail.

#4 SHIPPING TIMES: While I understand a lot of the sellers here do this as a part time gig and have lives, you have MY MONEY! So I think all sellers should be required to state shipping times in the shipping info sections. So if you only do this on weekends it should be clearly stated somewhere if I place an order it will take a week to be pulled and shipped.

So in conclusion if I wanted crappy CS, lazy sellers, and slow ship times I will go spend my money at "ATOMIC".

Well guess that is it for now but I reserve the right to come back and (banned) some more later.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 2:54:19 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I agree with everything above, except for the point about deleting old sales threads being shady. I delete threads promoting sales just so that people know the sale isn't going on any longer. If I leave the thread up, I'm sure someone will find it and place an order without reading the details in the post about when the sale was actually going on.
freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 3:55:01 PM

Thundercron wrote:
I agree with everything above, except for the point about deleting old sales threads being shady. I delete threads promoting sales just so that people know the sale isn't going on any longer. If I leave the thread up, I'm sure someone will find it and place an order without reading the details in the post about when the sale was actually going on.

Or you could edit the post with "SALE OVER", but do see your point. Just as a buyer if I buy something today on sale then tomorrow go to verify or double check something and thread is deleted I have nothing to go on except my memory (not very good) or the sellers word.

I understand the editing of the thread topic as it has changed but the post should be left intact but maybe modified to insure buyers know it is over.

Also just to point out not picking on any one seller, just my observations with all my buys last month. Was a cluster f-ck to say the least. lol At Wits' End

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

DRUMCZAR
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 3:55:21 PM

Shop at My Store

FreakyD,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties with Sellers here. Just wanted to remind you that there are still some Great Stores Here That do still Care about all these things. Wish I had more stuff you were looking for. I definitely Appreciated your Business & You always seemed happy with your purchases & service. I Feel as a Seller here on CCL that I've always tried to go above & beyond (what's on your very Valid complaint list) with my customers.

1) I always refund within 2-12hrs from receiving an order, but Never longer than 24.
2) I don't do this. Though am guilty of the "Bump"
3) I Always Notify & update customers.
4) I always ship next day when possible (ex. Sat./Holidays).

I'm still listing new stuff, although I've been a slow about it recently. Hope you continue to check back from Time to time, My Friend.

Alan

PEACE!+

Party HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Party

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
LadyJay
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 5:58:37 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

Dylan, have you considered saving of a screen shot of the post, (or printing it)? That way you can go back and reference it without any concerns that it's been modified or deleted.

freakdylan
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 8:36:57 PM

LadyJay wrote:
Dylan, have you considered saving of a screen shot of the post, (or printing it)? That way you can go back and reference it without any concerns that it's been modified or deleted.

No, I am way too disorganized for something like that. Plus out of the 5 complaints that is probably lowest concern. I just think it will end up costing someone sometime, even if not me. CCL has tons and tons of sales, and some are those going out of business sales.

I think I would be ok with the sale postings if sellers took care of the other things, lol

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 11:42:25 PM

I am glad we don't suffer from those problems. I would hate to have the problems you speak of. Then again in know about them. We get messages from buyers once they order essentially saying that other sells screw them and if we are going to do it, just cancel the order. Haha. It is sad. My father just got back into comics recently and of his 6 orders, none have been correct. One had issues listed in the wrong category or he was sent the wrong volume and told "whatever your new and trying to get over." Each of the other orders have never been fully complete and money not refunded for weeks. The store ships and says they don't have any in Stock of the other issues. It is maddening. It is not hard to take the time and get it right each time. Just so you Dylan you are not alone.

PS just keep shopping our store. Haha.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
ratrapp
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:35:14 AM

i'd say my only real problem with ccl is very small.i would say 90% of sellers here are right on with refunds and shipping.the other 10% are slow to ship and say family emergency or holiday.that's fine but why not just put your store in vacation mode and not sell anything until your ready to ship again.my only other complaint and honestly with the amount of some peoples inventory is that you order issues and then they can't find them but if you have 10,000 issues and up I know it's kind of hard to keep track of everything.
DivideAndConquer
Posted: Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:59:19 AM

ratrapp wrote:
i'd say my only real problem with ccl is very small.i would say 90% of sellers here are right on with refunds and shipping.the other 10% are slow to ship and say family emergency or holiday.that's fine but why not just put your store in vacation mode and not sell anything until your ready to ship again.my only other complaint and honestly with the amount of some peoples inventory is that you order issues and then they can't find them but if you have 10,000 issues and up I know it's kind of hard to keep track of everything.

Crazy thing is it is not hard to keep track. Simply filing things away when you post them is easy. Pulling orders and knowing where they are is the easy part. CCL provides a completely alphabetical list of the items you have. Orders come in and they are in alphabetical order on the invoice. The disregard for organization is what buyers have to deal with here.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 12:53:50 PM

ratrapp wrote:
my only other complaint and honestly with the amount of some peoples inventory is that you order issues and then they can't find them but if you have 10,000 issues and up I know it's kind of hard to keep track of everything.

yea that should have been my #6 and is a huge problem here. While again I understand most sellers here this is a hobby not a job it is frustrating. I cant tell you how many times I have watched a book in my wishlist month after month waiting for a sale or price reduction so i could afford to buy a particular issue only to find out after it finally is affordable that it isnt available. Its just is a kick in the nads, lol

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 12:59:43 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Thundercron wrote:

I agree. Everything else said, is truth. But deleting posts is just cleaning up your thread so customers don't have to search through 10 pages. (I'd imagine, I'm not a seller, but I do the same on my trade thread where I can.)

The sellers here are one thing I have zero complaints about (except for a bad apple here or there). The best place on the web to buy comics is right here at CCL. There are other things more worthy of complaining about at CCL.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 1:10:30 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
There are other things more worthy of complaining about at CCL.

Yea and they have about 1000 pages worth of them all ignored by owners. This on the other hand is directed at sellers who tend to respond, care, visit this site, post, and pretty much do everything the owners dont. Big Grin

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

pottersan
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 5:00:47 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:

...#1 SALES REFUNDS: One thing that really pisses me off is when a store has a sale offering partial refunds, then takes a week to refund my money. Sellers should be a lot faster refunding money, if I wanted my money held for way too long I would send it to the IRS. These delays also mean I have missed other sales because my money was tied up with seller "A" and missed seller "B"s sale.

#2 DELETING SALES THREADS: I have noticed some sellers just EDIT the title and topic of a thread instead of adding a new one. This to me is a giant red flag for problems. If you post something like a sale it should be a permanent post in case problems arise later. Not only does it look shady, but is shady to delete former sales threads.

#3 CUSTOMER SERVICE: When I place an order I shouldnt have to wait a week and then email you about the status of my order! If problems arise you should contact the buyer immediately to tell them of any delays. At the very least sellers should push that little button when an item ships so I know my comics are in the mail.

#4 SHIPPING TIMES: While I understand a lot of the sellers here do this as a part time gig and have lives, you have MY MONEY! So I think all sellers should be required to state shipping times in the shipping info sections. So if you only do this on weekends it should be clearly stated somewhere if I place an order it will take a week to be pulled and shipped...

As a seller who has has been the source of each of these, I want to thank freakdylan for not outing me!

But, a man's got to do what a man's got to do so I'm fessing up.

#1 Yep...and it's not like it takes that long to complete the refund. I'd say it should be no later than same day if purchased before 5:00pm and no later than next day if after that.

#2 Never thought of this, but I agree it's a good idea. Keep the post, just simply edit it and make sure that the reader knows that the sale has ended.

#3 Probably to most important of his list as it helps eliminates questions from a worried customer and gains consumer confidence.

#4 I agree with this as well. I'll take a look at putting this info in my shipping sections.

All great ideas.

I won't go into details, but freakdylan was infinitely patient through my series of screwups....In my defense, I'm 925/4/0 since 2008, but we all can be prone to slacking if we don't stay on our toes as a seller....

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 5:17:38 PM

pottersan wrote:

As a seller who has has been the source of each of these, I want to thank freakdylan for not outing me!

But, a man's got to do what a man's got to do so I'm fessing up.

I wasnt trying to point fingers at any one seller. On my last 15 orders in @30 days, about 8 of those orders met at LEAST one of my complaints, so wasnt just you. I just wanted to voice my gripes about sales orders in general, even though I love sales because I am a cheap skate Rolling on the Floor

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics