fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:33:19 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Dancing Check this out! Dancing

Mad Bloggings

junkmonkey
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:01:42 AM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

Just in time for the new movie I see. Glad to have him back, though. I liked Ock in the beginning, but now he's mostly just a jerk.

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:41:34 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Me & cousin Balki are doing The Dance of Joy! Big Grin Dancing

rook68
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 2:48:52 AM

Groups: Member

Love that Peter is back but not digging the regular cover. The variant looks way better. Targeting that issue.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 9:40:34 AM

It's about time considering how much damage Otto has done to Peter's life (getting fired, new girlfriend, ruining friendships with MJ and Black Cat to name a few). Where I'm happy that Peter is coming back but now I'm wondering what's going on with Otto? Is he going to "die" or is he going to continue being a hero (which I hope he will but with a new name of course). Just don't want to see him as a villain again because then he'll be a loser.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:49:11 AM

But I want Uncle Ben Sad

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Shizz
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:52:32 AM

Ok, I know Otto has been in Pete's body, but where has Pete been? Have Spidey fans been following his exploits somewhere else?
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:05:17 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

We all knew this was coming. I'm actually surprised Doc Ock stuck around for as long as he has. But I've enjoyed the ride.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:29:00 PM

It will be nice to have old Peter back...we will all get to see how he digs himself out of the mess Otto has made for him.

Mad Bloggings

Shogun684
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 12:50:49 PM

O Marvel.....I will miss Otto.
freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 2:07:08 PM

rook68 wrote:
Love that Peter is back but not digging the regular cover. The variant looks way better. Targeting that issue.

yea that cover is so ugly! Looks like when they put out that lame peter parker series with crappy anime inspired art.

Well guess I better start saving my money as sure they will pump out another 10 variants for it and 5 reprints.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Tamwood
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 2:16:46 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

The person putting on the mask on Opena's variant ... looks more like a POC than Peter. Maybe it's just the image. Or my tired eyes.
freakdylan
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 2:25:03 PM

Tamwood wrote:
The person putting on the mask on Opena's variant ... looks more like a POC than Peter. Maybe it's just the image. Or my tired eyes.

I think thats Kaepernick from San Francisco, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

LordMikel
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:23:22 PM

kidlippy wrote:
It's about time considering how much damage Otto has done to Peter's life (getting fired, new girlfriend, ruining friendships with MJ and Black Cat to name a few). Where I'm happy that Peter is coming back but now I'm wondering what's going on with Otto? Is he going to "die" or is he going to continue being a hero (which I hope he will but with a new name of course). Just don't want to see him as a villain again because then he'll be a loser.

It is that first part. The constant reading about Peter saying "It wasn't me, it was someone else" over and over again is the number one reason I probably won't pick up the book.

Number 2, I just don't like Slott's writing style. Perhaps when Slott leaves I'll pick up an issue or two.
junkmonkey
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:50:07 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

Shizz wrote:
Ok, I know Otto has been in Pete's body, but where has Pete been? Have Spidey fans been following his exploits somewhere else?

He was a small part in Ock's mind for the first few issues, but was taken out via "Parkerectomy". That was way back in issue 6 I believe. He hasn't done anything in the present in current continuity. They did some 700.1 a month ago, but I think those were set in the past. Not sure where or when the Marvel Knights series is taking place.

Thundercron
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 8:50:13 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

A few things jump out at me from that article.

First--Slott's claim that the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just a few months after Peter's return is just a coincidence and had nothing to do with the comic's storyline. BUUUUUUUULLLLLLLL Crap! Does anyone really believe that? It's been Marvel's standard MO that their comics match the movies as close as possible by the time the film is released. X-Men in leather. Bullseye in a trench coat and a forehead tattoo. I guess the Avengers Assemble comic that debuted when The Avengers came out and starred the exact same line-up as the film--musta' been a coincidence.

Which leads to the second observation. Slott's admission to lying to EVERYBODY for the past few years that Peter is dead. We all know that these writers and editors flat-out lie whenever a character is killed off, but I'm not sure how to react when Slott finally admits to lying. In the past, the lies are just ignored after the fact. The fact that Slott is the first I've heard to actually admit to lying--not sure how to react to that. I guess it means I have no reason to believe him now in regards to my first point in this post.
frank666
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:58:20 AM

It's about time, Pete returns. Superior Spider-Man was really getting up my nose.

But now that the writers have taken all the good things from Spidey's life like letting him lose his job with Horizon and his ruined relationship with MJ. I look forward to see how Marvel deals with the changes. I just hope that they don't refer to the infamous Parker luck.

I also wonder if Pete would be getting Ock's money and his Spider Island, now that would be cool. Anxious

Otherwise welcome back Pete and I can't wait for this new series.
rook68
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 11:16:10 AM

Thundercron wrote:
A few things jump out at me from that article.

First--Slott's claim that the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just a few months after Peter's return is just a coincidence and had nothing to do with the comic's storyline. BUUUUUUUULLLLLLLL Crap! Does anyone really believe that? It's been Marvel's standard MO that their comics match the movies as close as possible by the time the film is released. X-Men in leather. Bullseye in a trench coat and a forehead tattoo. I guess the Avengers Assemble comic that debuted when The Avengers came out and starred the exact same line-up as the film--musta' been a coincidence.

Which leads to the second observation. Slott's admission to lying to EVERYBODY for the past few years that Peter is dead. We all know that these writers and editors flat-out lie whenever a character is killed off, but I'm not sure how to react when Slott finally admits to lying. In the past, the lies are just ignored after the fact. The fact that Slott is the first I've heard to actually admit to lying--not sure how to react to that. I guess it means I have no reason to believe him now in regards to my first point in this post.

Can't disagree about the comics matching the movies part. Hawkeye's costume change to match the movie is just one out of many hero/villain costume changes to match their big screen representations. It kind of makes sense because changes from comics to live action for some heroes/villains is a must. It's a must because some heroes would look just plain silly. Saying that though, I think they could of made a better Hawkeye costume. No mask and instead sunglasses is a cop out. Just look at Arrow. Bad arse but I am digressing.
I didn't read of any of Slott's comments but comic book fans know no one dies or stays dead in comics. Superman, Batman, Flash, Captain America and so on. With Peter, it was always WHEN was he coming back. For anyone, even the writer(s), to say that a character is dead for good especially a popular main character. Nobody believes that for second. Personally it's a trend that I dislike but Marvel and DC love to do.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 11:33:14 AM

rook68 wrote:

I didn't read of any of Slott's comments but comic book fans know no one dies or stays dead in comics. Superman, Batman, Flash, Captain America and so on. With Peter, it was always WHEN was he coming back. For anyone, even the writer(s), to say that a character is dead for good especially a popular main character. Nobody believes that for second. Personally it's a trend that I dislike but Marvel and DC love to do.

Uncle Ben - Uncle Ben has stayed dead

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

fenix1977
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 11:55:24 AM

I am kicking myself for not remembering where I read this...but it seems that when Peter does "come back" he will suffer memory loss..I am guessing for the time span where Otto was running the show...so that should be super fun for him.

Mad Bloggings