Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The end of the ultimate Universe ??? Options
frank666
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:12:15 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Now that Cataclysm: the ultimates last stand has been issued. I was wondering if Marvel is really gonna scrap their Ultimate universe.

At the beginning, the Ultimate universe, with their titles: Ultimate Spider-man, Ultimate X-Men & Ultimates, were brilliant. Bendis could restart the Spider-man legacy in a new universe without all his previous history and it worked out brillianty. The same was with X-Men and of course the first two legendaryUltimate series, by Mark Millar, which were equally brilliant. But after Ultimatum, which I liked very much, and the death of Peter Parker, the ultimate stories went downhill.

And now? The end? I certainly hope so. Maybe they can do a DC Comics reboot. That would be good and then I would order the titles agin.
padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:21:01 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Not exactly sure what you meant by that last thought. What would the end of the Ultimate Universe have to do with DC? Don't know why Marvel would do a DC reboot. Or why DC would do a reboot just 2 years after launching the NEW 52.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:58:00 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

The last issue hasn't come out, yet. We're only on issue 3.

And this would be like the 3rd time the Ultimate Universe was going to end, I wouldn't bet money on it.

However, it has been a great read. Much better than the mainstream Marvel Universe's event, "Infinity".

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
frank666
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:58:01 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

padreglcc wrote:
Not exactly sure what you meant by that last thought. What would the end of the Ultimate Universe have to do with DC? Don't know why Marvel would do a DC reboot. Or why DC would do a reboot just 2 years after launching the NEW 52.

A "DC like reboot" because DC has completly their "universe" a couple of times already. The one before NEW 52 was the "Zero hour" reboot and before that there was a infinite reboot.

But that wasn't my point. I just mean that if Marvel reboots it's ultimate titles then I will be buying them again.
padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 1:29:02 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

frank666 wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

A "DC like reboot" because DC has completly their "universe" a couple of times already. The one before NEW 52 was the "Zero hour" reboot and before that there was a infinite reboot.

But that wasn't my point. I just mean that if Marvel reboots it's ultimate titles then I will be buying them again.

Ok. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Couldn't get my head around what you were trying to say.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Skattershot
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:48:36 PM
Groups: Member

Bendis has said that this wasn't the end of the Ultimate Universe, although that could be a bunch of malarky as well. They've killed off a bunch of heroes the 1st time around, and I wonder how many are left to carry the flags. Marvel's idealogy of having 1 writer do like 50 titles has probably burned him out, since he was a core writer on all 3 ultimate titles, not counting the 616 universe (if even that's still valid anymore). At least the Ultimate Universe had continuity, which Marvel seemed to throw out the door once Joe and Axel took over.