Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Movies that made you go "MEH". Options
kisstour03
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:24:08 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

How about movies that EVERYONE says you have to see because they're AWESOME!!!! or are classics that you're life won't be complete till you watch them. And when you saw them you thought "MEH". Either because it sucked or because you didn't see what the big deal everyone else made was.

I have a few I can think of right now:

Dune. I wanted to claw my brain out. I know a lot of people love this turd but I ain't one of em.

Taxi Driver. This is one of those movies that people say "You gotta watch this. It's a classic. I can't believe you've never seen it." After it was over I thought, "What's the big deal. It didn't suck out loud like Dune but it didn't blow me away either."

Novocaine. My wife and I rented this one night not long after it came out on DVD. We both love Steve Martin as a rule. I think we got about half an hour into this and shut it off.

2001: A Space Odyssey. I actually like this movie. I just don't understand why almost everyone speaks of this one in hushed tones and drool on themselves in awe.
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:14:38 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Princess Bride. Everyone who grew up in the eighties worships this movie. I give it a whirl every ten years or so, but I still don't get what the big deal is. It isn't bad per se, just not as great as everyone makes out.
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:20:16 PM

Groups: Member

Any of the Too Fast movies

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

kidlippy
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:39:36 PM

I might be the only one to say this but Avatar. I just didn't care for the movie. Not sure if it's because of all the hype and I was disappointed or what. I like James Cameron's movies and do enjoy sci-fi movies but this one I just didn't care.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:41:11 AM

Meet the Parents - tons of people told me that this movie was hilarious. To me, it had maybe one or two laughs in it and felt like it was over 3 hours long. Only way I watch this again or attempt the sequels is if I thought it would score me points with a beautiful woman

Matrix 2 (whatever that was called) - took me forever to watch because I kept falling asleep and would have to skip back to the last part I remembered seeing. This caused me to never see the third installment of the franchise. Not sure why I even watched the 2nd one to begin with, the first one wasn't that great either

Titanic - didn't like this mostly due to me not being into romance movies. I got drug to this movie and it still stands as my least favorite movie I saw in the theater.
Nate77
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:41:53 AM

kidlippy wrote:
I might be the only one to say this but Avatar. I just didn't care for the movie. Not sure if it's because of all the hype and I was disappointed or what. I like James Cameron's movies and do enjoy sci-fi movies but this one I just didn't care.
Same here. The visuals were amazing, but the story line was so predictable it ruined it for me.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:33:53 AM

Avengers it was very "meh"
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:34:50 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Khaine wrote:

Avengers the super hero movie or Avengers the remake of the TV show?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:18:39 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Nate77 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
Same here. The visuals were amazing, but the story line was so predictable it ruined it for me.
Yeah, I've already seen Dances With Wolves, painting the natives blue doesn't make it any better.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:41:06 AM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
Nate77 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:
Yeah, I've already seen Dances With Wolves, painting the natives blue doesn't make it any better.

You guys are really going to love the sequels. Rolling on the Floor

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:57:15 AM

Yeah, I saw an article about that last week - I think I'm gonna have to pass.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

kidlippy
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:06:49 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Xylob wrote:
Nate77 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

You guys are really going to love the sequels. Rolling on the Floor

I'll wait for the sequels on TV. This way I can turn the channel to something more interesting....the Kardashians.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:08:51 AM

I'll have to agree with Taxi Driver. After watching the movie I was kinda left puzzled as to why its so beloved.
As far as other movie I would have to list
Platoon - I like some war movies, just not this one.

Scarface - there are just too many other way better gangster movie out there for this one to be so highly revered.

A Clockwork Orange - Highly overrated in my opinion as far as cult classics go.

Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:03:54 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Khaine wrote:

the superhero movies.

I don't remember any of my friends saying "dude you gotta see the avengers tv remake movie it so awesome" but, if they did I'll put that in as my second "meh" movie Dancing
roguesquad
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:31:24 PM

1. 300
2. Thor
3. any Fast and Furious movie

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:51:58 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Khaine wrote:

I saw this movie. Once, in the theater. The only thing I really remember is leaving realizing that a live action Care Bears movie is possible (if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about).

As for more "meh" movies, here are a few Oscar winning films:

Monster's Ball: another Oscar winning film that proves the Academy is filled with a bunch of dirty old men. There were only two scenes in this entire movie that I thought were at all compelling (and no, not that scene). The rest of the movie was "meh".

No Country For Old Men: the jury's still out on this, as I may have to give it another viewing to make my final decision. But my first viewing rendered a "meh" verdict.
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:04:16 PM

Thundercron wrote:
No Country For Old Men: the jury's still out on this, as I may have to give it another viewing to make my final decision. But my first viewing rendered a "meh" verdict.
This one got a solid "WTF!" from me and my wife.
Weird just for the sake of weird? Sorry, that's not art.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Nate77
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:06:08 PM

Xylob wrote:
Nate77 wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

Exactly. Or i kept thinking, "isn't this pocahontas?"

4 8 15 16 23 42

Pull List: Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, Superior Spider-Man, Savage Wolverine, Wolverine, Deadpool,X-Force, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman & ?, B.P.R.D., Hellboy, The Walking Dead, Super Dinosaur.
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:11:23 PM

Xylob wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
This one got a solid "WTF!" from me and my wife.
Weird just for the sake of weird? Sorry, that's not art.

I really enjoyed the movie up until the end. The ending is what completely stains an otherwise very good movie.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:31:35 PM

Shop at My Store

Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Khaine wrote:

I saw this movie. Once, in the theater. The only thing I really remember is leaving realizing that a live action Care Bears movie is possible (if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talking about).

The teddy bears are the best part!

Hall Liquidations