Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Any news or updates??? Options
javierlacroix
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:39:33 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Hi! Can someone tell me why there has been so little activity here? The CCL software has had no version updates in a while (I think it could use a liitle modernizing) and the same with the iPhone App: to me, the fact that I can't sync my collection with the App is a big disappointment that I thought would be improved on with newer versions (but there hasn't been any newer version after the FIRST one!). Don't get me wrong, I love the site and I've been a paying subscriber and contributor from year one, but looking at other services like Collectorz that are integrating with cloud services and constantly innovating...well, it's really tempting. It's sad to see this kind of abandoned...
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:45:30 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

There has been numerous discussions on this. The latest from CCL is a complete change to the software/website sometime in the second half of 2014.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:55:22 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hi Javier!

Wow, you've been here a long time! That's impressive.

I am very optimistic that there will be drastic changes/updates to the site at some point this year. It has taken a while but I think the new version will be well worth the wait. I urge you to hang in there. The future looks bright, my friend!

Did you mention something about a cloud? Winking

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations
TMNT figure lot

TheComicStore
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:35:33 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Probably doesn't count for much but I'm about half way done coding a Windows 8 store metro app. It still uses the CCL web services though so it'll have many of the same limitations unfortunately. The personal collection is a big sore spot for a lot of folks so I'm adding an XML database that can be stored on Skydrive and can sync between it, the windows phone app and the android app. Not much I can do about the desktop software or iPhone though...

Top Rated Seller on eBay!

Comic Book Crusade
Geek Chic Comics
Comic Collecting
comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:49:27 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

TheComicStore wrote:
Probably doesn't count for much but I'm about half way done coding a Windows 8 store metro app. It still uses the CCL web services though so it'll have many of the same limitations unfortunately. The personal collection is a big sore spot for a lot of folks so I'm adding an XML database that can be stored on Skydrive and can sync between it, the windows phone app and the android app. Not much I can do about the desktop software or iPhone though...
Wave Hi Jim. Miss ya buddy.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:42:59 PM

Groups: Member

comicscastle wrote:
TheComicStore wrote:
Wave Hi Jim. Miss ya buddy.

Heya Pat! Forgot that I posted under my store persona. It logs in that way by default on my phone. Hope things are going well for you guys!

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
KingZombie
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:25:52 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
There has been numerous discussions on this. The latest from CCL is a complete change to the software/website sometime in the second half of 2014.

LOL! Now it's the second half of 2014? Last I heard it was early 2014. What a joke. Yeah, definitely going to start shopping around for new software and/or web site.
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:26:09 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

KingZombie wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

LOL! Now it's the second half of 2014? Last I heard it was early 2014. What a joke. Yeah, definitely going to start shopping around for new software and/or web site.

No one from CCL ever committed to any dates until the conference call with Joe at the end of last year. All speculations of New Years or first quarter of 201% were just that. Speculation. When I pushed Joe on the second call, Joe said that realistically it wouldn't be until the second half of 2014.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:10:39 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

SwiftMann wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

No one from CCL ever committed to any dates until the conference call with Joe at the end of last year. All speculations of New Years or first quarter of 201% were just that. Speculation. When I pushed Joe on the second call, Joe said that realistically it wouldn't be until the second half of 2014.

3/4 of a decade for an update...not bad, LOL!

I'm just glad we have such great sellers here, and the community here (what's left of it) is a great one. That's what really makes this site great.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
KingZombie
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:39:49 AM

SwiftMann wrote:
KingZombie wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

Yeah, I’m perfectly aware there is no commitment from CCL
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:16:11 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
...3/4 of a decade for an update...not bad, LOL!...

That's not fair Nate...
Version History
Big Grin Tongue
still waiting for that internationally standardized sarcasm font...

And honestly, one of the biggest things I've wanted for years was actually done about a year ago by Jim. You can sort the list of sellers in the Store Locator to show you which ones have the most stuff from your wish List. He made it easier for me to spend more here.
Sadly, CCL has done nothing to promote this very useful tool.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:44:05 AM

Xylob wrote:
And honestly, one of the biggest things I've wanted for years was actually done about a year ago by Jim. You can sort the list of sellers in the Store Locator to show you which ones have the most stuff from your wish List. He made it easier for me to spend more here.

They'd make more money off of me if I could filter by grade as well (like midtown comics & lonestar/mycomicshop.com) b/c I don't buy anything less than VF.

Think

pottersan
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:02:11 PM

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
...3/4 of a decade for an update...not bad, LOL!...

That's not fair Nate...
Version History
Big Grin Tongue
still waiting for that internationally standardized sarcasm font...

Yes, this was awesome... a big time saver.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
Flagwaver
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:08:01 PM

Atilla2k wrote:
Xylob wrote:

They'd make more money off of me if I could filter by grade as well (like midtown comics & lonestar/mycomicshop.com) b/c I don't buy anything less than VF.

Think

My sentiments exactly. It does me no good to know which stores have the most books from my wishlist if I have to slog through dozens of pages of low grade books.
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:25:13 PM

I only buy reading copies, as long as the book is complete and not fundamentally ruined that's what I'm buying.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Atilla2k
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 11:59:20 AM

Xylob wrote:
I only buy reading copies, as long as the book is complete and not fundamentally ruined that's what I'm buying.

I buy reading copies too (as I read the copies I buy) they're just high grade ones...

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 12:09:55 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Atilla2k wrote:
Xylob wrote:

I buy reading copies too (as I read the copies I buy) they're just high grade ones...

Me too. As long as the cover and pages are intact, and it's not completely water-logged or ripped to shreds, I'll buy it.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
javierlacroix
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:41:04 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Hi Javier!

I am very optimistic that there will be drastic changes/updates to the site at some point this year. It has taken a while but I think the new version will be well worth the wait. I urge you to hang in there. The future looks bright, my friend!

Yeah! I hadn't realized I have been here for so long, he! Feels nice.

Thank you for your reply, I really do want to stay with CCL and your enthusiasm gives me hope, but I gotta say it's really dissapointing that no one from the actual CCL team even takes the time to answer this or visit the forums.

I think I will renew my suscription, if only not to have to transfer my whole comics database to a new software (collectorz), but this is the last chance for me. I really want to have cloud support and to be able to check my collection on the go in my mobile devices. Hope someone is really listening and cares...
CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:48:20 AM

Shop at My Store

javierlacroix wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Hi Javier!

Thank you for your reply, I really do want to stay with CCL and your enthusiasm gives me hope, but I gotta say it's really dissapointing that no one from the actual CCL team even takes the time to answer this or visit the forums.

I think I will renew my suscription, if only not to have to transfer my whole comics database to a new software (collectorz), but this is the last chance for me. I really want to have cloud support and to be able to check my collection on the go in my mobile devices. Hope someone is really listening and cares...

I wish I could buy this site out, I really do. We've got Guardians, Spider Man, X-Men and Cap coming plus an Avengers movie that's going to break every box office record. A little TLC and this site would be booming. Screw the ads, screw the subscription fees, just focus on making it a great place to shop & collect 5% on every sale & retire happily.

also top rated plus with all 5.0's as ideaman33
grading guaranteed within 1/2 point
Atilla2k
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 10:46:28 AM

javierlacroix wrote:

+1! MGMNT shows up every so often to put out a fire, then swears they'll spend more time here & when things settle down they gradually fade into the backround and disappear until the next fire. #Pattern