Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who wins in a Death Match on Shield Hellicarrier (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) 5 50%
Captain America (Steve Rodgers) 5 50%

Round 5 of Comic Clints SuperHeroe Showdown Exhibition Giveaway DEATH MATCH Options
comic clint
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:47:12 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host

Joined: 1/31/2007
Posts: 3,064
Points: 10,013
Location: DARK STAR
Here we go another round of mayhem and BLOOD

who wins in a DEATH MATCH

ANYONE CAN VOTE...Its appreciated if you give your reasoning so that we all can follow your line of thinking


CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO GET DETAILED INFO ON FIGHTERS AND LOCATION




THE CHAMPION

GREEN LANTERN (Hal Jordan)


The Challenger

CAPTAIN AMERICA (Steve Rodgers)


LOCATION






THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:07:07 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
If it's on board a S.H.I.E.L.D. Heli-Carrier, then I'm giving my vote to Cap. As long as it's below decks, the combined spaces, which will be familiar to Steve, but not Hal, should be a great advantage. Cap's shield is impervious to anything. So no green beam is getting through that thing. Cap's a master strategist with like, 70 years fighting experience. Hal is a rank amateur by comparison. I take it this is a manned Heli-Carrier, Clint? No way is GL cutting loose with his power ring full force.


Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comic clint
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:37:14 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host

Joined: 1/31/2007
Posts: 3,064
Points: 10,013
Location: DARK STAR
icarus201 wrote:
If it's on board a S.H.I.E.L.D. Heli-Carrier, then I'm giving my vote to Cap. As long as it's below decks, the combined spaces, which will be familiar to Steve, but not Hal, should be a great advantage. Cap's shield is impervious to anything. So no green beam is getting through that thing. Cap's a master strategist with like, 70 years fighting experience. Hal is a rank amateur by comparison. I take it this is a manned Heli-Carrier, Clint? No way is GL cutting loose with his power ring full force.
yep regular operating helicarrier with crew aboard




THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 12:53:18 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,556
Points: 60,401
Location: Redding, CA
icarus201 wrote:
If it's on board a S.H.I.E.L.D. Heli-Carrier, then I'm giving my vote to Cap. As long as it's below decks, the combined spaces, which will be familiar to Steve, but not Hal, should be a great advantage. Cap's shield is impervious to anything. So no green beam is getting through that thing. Cap's a master strategist with like, 70 years fighting experience. Hal is a rank amateur by comparison. I take it this is a manned Heli-Carrier, Clint? No way is GL cutting loose with his power ring full force.


Hal can make ANYTHING with his ring. He has a number of ways to relieve Cap of his shield. Make a giant magnet. Capture it into a force-field. Or simply make some giant green hands to grab it out of Cap's hands.

And Hal is a rank amateur strategist? Please! He's led the entire GL Corps more than once, and is in the lead of the group once again currently. Not to mention the many, many single-battles the guys been in against cosmic-level baddies.

The power-level difference here is just mind-boggling. I don't even see how Captain America can even hurt Hal. He's behind a freaking force-field. Cap's fists, his shield, nor a gun or going to do him any good here. Yet on the other hand, one good blast from Hal's ring is all it'll take to put Cap down. Cap doesn't have invulnerability or anything more than peak human endurance, which Hal's ring is more than powerful enough to take care of.

I will give you the home-field advantage you mentioned here. That's the one thing Cap does have over Hal here. But again, the force-field comes into play. At some point, Cap is going to have to come out and fight him face-to-face because stealth attacks from Cap (fists, shield, gun) aren't going to do much more than annoy Hal. Even then, all Hal has to do is scan the Helicarrier and he has full schematics. He can also see through walls with his ring which is something GLs have made use of often in the past.

IMO, this is a walk in the park for Hal. He's in an entirely different power-league than Cap and is far from inexperienced or naïve in battle.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:28:52 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Joined: 1/30/2008
Posts: 15,068
Points: 427,811
Location: New Jersey
BurningDoom wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
If it's on board a S.H.I.E.L.D. Heli-Carrier, then I'm giving my vote to Cap. As long as it's below decks, the combined spaces, which will be familiar to Steve, but not Hal, should be a great advantage. Cap's shield is impervious to anything. So no green beam is getting through that thing. Cap's a master strategist with like, 70 years fighting experience. Hal is a rank amateur by comparison. I take it this is a manned Heli-Carrier, Clint? No way is GL cutting loose with his power ring full force.


Hal can make ANYTHING with his ring. He has a number of ways to relieve Cap of his shield. Make a giant magnet. Capture it into a force-field. Or simply make some giant green hands to grab it out of Cap's hands.

And Hal is a rank amateur strategist? Please! He's led the entire GL Corps more than once, and is in the lead of the group once again currently. Not to mention the many, many single-battles the guys been in against cosmic-level baddies.

The power-level difference here is just mind-boggling. I don't even see how Captain America can even hurt Hal. He's behind a freaking force-field. Cap's fists, his shield, nor a gun or going to do him any good here. Yet on the other hand, one good blast from Hal's ring is all it'll take to put Cap down. Cap doesn't have invulnerability or anything more than peak human endurance, which Hal's ring is more than powerful enough to take care of.

I will give you the home-field advantage you mentioned here. That's the one thing Cap does have over Hal here. But again, the force-field comes into play. At some point, Cap is going to have to come out and fight him face-to-face because stealth attacks from Cap (fists, shield, gun) aren't going to do much more than annoy Hal. Even then, all Hal has to do is scan the Helicarrier and he has full schematics. He can also see through walls with his ring which is something GLs have made use of often in the past.

IMO, this is a walk in the park for Hal. He's in an entirely different power-league than Cap and is far from inexperienced or naïve in battle.
+1
Cap couldn't win this if the fight was in a Marvel comic. Be serious.



The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar


icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:12:00 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
BurningDoom wrote:
Hal can make ANYTHING with his ring. He has a number of ways to relieve Cap of his shield. Make a giant magnet. Capture it into a force-field. Or simply make some giant green hands to grab it out of Cap's hands.

Yeah, yeah yeah. And while GL is thinking up whatever construct, in the blink of an eye, Cap could have thrown his shield with pin-point accuracy at Hal's hand, disarming him. No ring, no Green Lantern powers. Who'd win that fistfight? Please don't trot out this line that just because of the Green Lantern ring, he'll be invincible. I've seen GL beat down plenty of times by less powerful opponents. Shall I whip out the Deathstroke scans again?


Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:23:48 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
comicscastle wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:


IMO, this is a walk in the park for Hal. He's in an entirely different power-league than Cap and is far from inexperienced or naïve in battle.
+1
Cap couldn't win this if the fight was in a Marvel comic. Be serious.

You didn't know that Cap once beat the Red Skull when he was in possession of the Cosmic Cube?
Cosmic Cube > Green Lantern ring.


Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:33:59 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,556
Points: 60,401
Location: Redding, CA
icarus201 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Hal can make ANYTHING with his ring. He has a number of ways to relieve Cap of his shield. Make a giant magnet. Capture it into a force-field. Or simply make some giant green hands to grab it out of Cap's hands.

Yeah, yeah yeah. And while GL is thinking up whatever construct, in the blink of an eye, Cap could have thrown his shield with pin-point accuracy at Hal's hand, disarming him. No ring, no Green Lantern powers. Who'd win that fistfight? Please don't trot out this line that just because of the Green Lantern ring, he'll be invincible. I've seen GL beat down plenty of times by less powerful opponents. Shall I whip out the Deathstroke scans again?


Except that Hal can will the ring right back to himself even if that did go down like that. (Ignoring the force-field)

icarus201 wrote:

You didn't know that Cap once beat the Red Skull when he was in possession of the Cosmic Cube?
Cosmic Cube > Green Lantern ring.


Which has been shown when Thanos held the Cube that Red Skull wielded the Cube like a brute, using it only for physical force. Hal on the other hand, has had long-time experience with that ring and knows exactly what he can and can't do with it.

The real difference here is that Cap has to get lucky or have a real good game plan to even get the shot he needs to possibly take Hal down. Hal doesn't have to get lucky with his ring. Hal's got a myriad of choices to take down Cap with.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:01:49 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
BurningDoom wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Hal can make ANYTHING with his ring. He has a number of ways to relieve Cap of his shield. Make a giant magnet. Capture it into a force-field. Or simply make some giant green hands to grab it out of Cap's hands.

Yeah, yeah yeah. And while GL is thinking up whatever construct, in the blink of an eye, Cap could have thrown his shield with pin-point accuracy at Hal's hand, disarming him. No ring, no Green Lantern powers. Who'd win that fistfight? Please don't trot out this line that just because of the Green Lantern ring, he'll be invincible. I've seen GL beat down plenty of times by less powerful opponents. Shall I whip out the Deathstroke scans again?


Except that Hal can will the ring right back to himself even if that did go down like that. (Ignoring the force-field)

If Hal loses the ring, it'll go down like this:




Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Khaine
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:22:06 PM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/3/2013
Posts: 237
Points: 731
unless captain america has gotten super powers I don't know about. He would never be able to beat any GL.

cap can punch, kick and do shield tricks all day long but, that wouldn't even blow 1% off GL's ring. In the end cap is a jacked soldier with a fancy shield, GL is an above average guy with a ring that protects him from anything short of a nuke and allows him to control any situation in any way he wants.

Jordan might not be as brilliant as cap but, he is a US Airforce fighter pilot and you need to have a decent head on your shoulders for that.

personally I thinks its a pretty uneven match.
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:37:20 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,556
Points: 60,401
Location: Redding, CA
icarus201 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
Hal can make ANYTHING with his ring. He has a number of ways to relieve Cap of his shield. Make a giant magnet. Capture it into a force-field. Or simply make some giant green hands to grab it out of Cap's hands.

Yeah, yeah yeah. And while GL is thinking up whatever construct, in the blink of an eye, Cap could have thrown his shield with pin-point accuracy at Hal's hand, disarming him. No ring, no Green Lantern powers. Who'd win that fistfight? Please don't trot out this line that just because of the Green Lantern ring, he'll be invincible. I've seen GL beat down plenty of times by less powerful opponents. Shall I whip out the Deathstroke scans again?


Except that Hal can will the ring right back to himself even if that did go down like that. (Ignoring the force-field)

If Hal loses the ring, it'll go down like this:



Right, because Hal is a total weenie and has never had to fight without his ring before.

Hal isn't just some dude with a ring. To be a GL you are chosen among billions upon billions of beings in your space sector (not just your planet) to be worthy of being a GL. And then GLs are trained rigorously like any military force would. (Besides the force-field, and Hal willing the ring to himself which that didn't address at all).

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 3:59:12 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
BurningDoom wrote:
icarus201 wrote:

If Hal loses the ring, it'll go down like this:



Right, because Hal is a total weenie and has never had to fight without his ring before.

Hal isn't just some dude with a ring. To be a GL you are chosen among billions upon billions of beings in your space sector (not just your planet) to be worthy of being a GL. And then GLs are trained rigorously like any military force would. (Besides the force-field, and Hal willing the ring to himself which that didn't address at all).

He is without the ring, compared to Cap. Hal is just another dude. Cap is a Super-Soldier. Everything's enhanced; strength, stamina and reflexes. And did I mention the 70+ years of combat experience? Hal may have been a GL for years, but that's also his downfall here. He's complacent, because he relies on his ring to do everything for him. Green Lanterns can be nullified when distracted enough from forming constructs, yes? Cap has to rely more on tactics and stealth because he doesn't have fancy powers. Plus with his familiarity with the location (and chances to create diversions for Hal) turns this fight to his advantage.


Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Khaine
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 5:54:45 PM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/3/2013
Posts: 237
Points: 731
If captain america pulls a spaceball manuever and tricks the ring off hal's finger, hal deserves to lose.

honestly though that wouldn't happen, i know we are talking about comic books and all but seriously there would be no way that ring would get knocked or pulled off hal's hand. Not with what cap has to work with.
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 7:00:28 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
Khaine wrote:
If captain america pulls a spaceball manuever and tricks the ring off hal's finger, hal deserves to lose.

honestly though that wouldn't happen, i know we are talking about comic books and all but seriously there would be no way that ring would get knocked or pulled off hal's hand. Not with what cap has to work with.

Well, just so you know, Cap's shield is made of a compound of Adamantium and Vibranium. Virtually indestructible. Hal's fingers would get mashed into sawdust, just like his buddy Kyle's.







Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 9:08:32 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,556
Points: 60,401
Location: Redding, CA
icarus201 wrote:
Khaine wrote:
If captain america pulls a spaceball manuever and tricks the ring off hal's finger, hal deserves to lose.

honestly though that wouldn't happen, i know we are talking about comic books and all but seriously there would be no way that ring would get knocked or pulled off hal's hand. Not with what cap has to work with.

Well, just so you know, Cap's shield is made of a compound of Adamantium and Vibranium. Virtually indestructible. Hal's fingers would get mashed into sawdust, just like his buddy Kyle's.






1. That's not Hal. Kyle is a rookie compared to Hal.

2. It's not working anyways, it says Deathstroke's legs start trembling and its a gambit he's not sure he can win.

3. That ploy never should have worked to begin with. I attribute it to Metzer not being familiar enough with the DC Characters. Because Kyle's ring, specifically Kyle's ring, is coded to his DNA and only works for him or a direct descendant of his (as shown when he travelled to the 31st Century).

4. And finally, as has been pointed out. It was a desperate ploy that might work, and as we see here, quite possibly wasn't going to work until Arrow stabbed him in the eye. Hal doesn't need to rely on some desperate ploy like this. Hal has a number of ways to take Cap out.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 9:19:41 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/7/2007
Posts: 4,215
Points: 12,645
Location: Kentucky
You'd have to be a total Cap fanboy to even think Cap has a shot of winning this. Someone posted that Cap could throw the shield and knock Hal's ring off. Huh?!, how's that even possible? No science on earth could ever explain that. It not one of those stretchable rings that isnt' connected on the bottom.

icarus201
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 6:15:09 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
BurningDoom wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
Khaine wrote:
If captain america pulls a spaceball manuever and tricks the ring off hal's finger, hal deserves to lose.

honestly though that wouldn't happen, i know we are talking about comic books and all but seriously there would be no way that ring would get knocked or pulled off hal's hand. Not with what cap has to work with.

Well, just so you know, Cap's shield is made of a compound of Adamantium and Vibranium. Virtually indestructible. Hal's fingers would get mashed into sawdust, just like his buddy Kyle's.






1. That's not Hal. Kyle is a rookie compared to Hal.

2. It's not working anyways, it says Deathstroke's legs start trembling and its a gambit he's not sure he can win.

3. That ploy never should have worked to begin with. I attribute it to Metzer not being familiar enough with the DC Characters.

Ah, that old chestnut again; "The writer didn't understand the character." It happened in a comic, so it's canon. Hold, on I'm wrong - This was pre-Infinite Crisis, pre-Final Crisis, pre-Flashback, pre-New 52 Universe. So I guess it never happened. Relax. Panic over. I knew you DC-Heads would get offended by the thought that your golden boy Hal might get beaten by someone with no special powers. You all deserve.....THIS!





Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
icarus201
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 6:17:27 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Joined: 8/17/2007
Posts: 42,885
Points: 539,540
Location: United Kingdom
btw, Clint you might as well cancel the contest now. No-one's gonna be allowed to beat GL Hal Jordan, so it'll be a bit boring from now on. Devil


Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Khaine
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 6:33:01 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/3/2013
Posts: 237
Points: 731
I don't want to quote thru that picture

"Well, just so you know, Cap's shield is made of a compound of Adamantium and Vibranium. Virtually indestructible. Hal's fingers would get mashed into sawdust, just like his buddy Kyle's."

the shield is indestructible it doesn't mean the force behind the shield is enough to break GL shield.

cap is an enhanced human a man that is constantly at his peak, he isn't superhuman.

You can reference away in comics there is probably a dozen more probably a thousand more where either one has been beaten down a thousand different ways its to sell comics and would be very boring if every issue green lantern went from page to page like a buzzsaw.

Its what makes captain america any bit interesting because he normally overcomes incredible odds every issue but, when you take out the dramatic license and the hero in the end must be the hero. Any Green Lantern would take down the cap, he will give the good fight but he wouldn't be able to break a single construct. He would really have to get the jump on the GL but, that would mean GL would have to be dumb enough to enter a hostile enviroment without his shield being up and that's like going on patrol without a rifle and ammo.
Khaine
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 6:48:49 AM
Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/3/2013
Posts: 237
Points: 731
"Ah, that old chestnut again; "The writer didn't understand the character." It happened in a comic, so it's canon. Hold, on I'm wrong - This was pre-Infinite Crisis, pre-Final Crisis, pre-Flashback, pre-New 52 Universe. So I guess it never happened. Relax. Panic over. I knew you DC-Heads would get offended by the thought that your golden boy Hal might get beaten by someone with no special powers. You all deserve.....THIS!"

It's not that you have Darth Vader vs. a ewok and your pretty much saying that the ewok is going to win 51 out of 100 times because it has mad spear skills.

It is an unfair contest GL's are pretty much the ultimate power in the DC universe, there whole function is an intergalatic police corp that is powerful enough to stop any super bad guy that threatens the galaxy. And they are picked from the single best canidate from that sector which encompasses trillions of "people".

GL's need opponents that were designed with similar purpose. Phoenix, Magneto, Thor, etc..

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.297 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231