Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Worst. Movie ending. Ever. Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 12:54:07 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

So you know how it is, you're watching a movie and it seems pretty good right up until the ending. Which is so awful that you feel like you have wasted an hour or two (or more) of your life.

Either the ending is unsatisfying, implausible or completely ridiculous. Sometimes it makes me wonder if the director just mailed it in.

For example: Jurassic Park III.

Not a bad movie overall, the CGI is pretty good, there are some exciting scenes. Of course it's not Shakespeare but a decent action flick. Up until the end. Spoiler Alert! If you haven't seen it either don't read this or save yourself the hour and a half and read the next paragraph. (Yeah right, a spoiler alert for a 14 year old movie!Laughing )

So Dr. Grant and friends are being drowned by a gigantic carnivorous dinosaur. He manages to snag a satellite phone and called the blonde chick from the first movie. Problem is, her three year old answers the phone and gets distracted by Barney on TV. By the time he gets the phone to his Mom she only hears a fragmentary, muddled din. Based solely on this and her toddlers assertion that it was "The Dinosaur Man" on the other end she is somehow able to mobilize a rescue flotilla comprised of the Navy, Air Force and Marines who show up mere hours later to rescue our beleaguered dino hunters. Talk about your Deus ex Machina.

Totally ruins a halfway decent adventure movie. Sick

I don't mind suspending disbelief to enjoy a film but don't insult my intelligence by coming up with something so preposterous.

Why not just have them ride a canoe through a time rift and end up in the Land of the Lost?
Sleestak anyone?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 1:18:27 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

At least Jeff Goldblum's African American daughter didn't use her dubious gymnastic skills (she was cut from the team) to defeat a velociraptor, like in the second movie.

Of course despite a few stupid scenes I liked all the Jurassic Park movies. They had dinosaurs...'nuff said.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 1:32:20 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Two movies that I thought had endings that ruined it for me are Mystic River and No Country for Old Men (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Thinking about it, both films end the same--the bad guy gets away and innocent people die in the process. Sean Penn kills the wrong guy (innocent man) and gets away with it, and Javier Bardem kills, well, just about everyone and gets away with it.

I guess it boils down to my sense of justice and balance. I like to see things resolved in movies on a moral level. I watch movies to be entertained, to see things work out in the end, because that is something that is sorely lacking in real life. So to me, it sucks when movies just reflect the same crap that I can see just by looking outside or watching the news. I don't find it entertaining.

On another level, the ending of Sharknado was wonderfully bad in all the right ways.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 1:55:13 PM

Shop at My Store

You just reminded me of another one. Does anyone remember Se7en with Brad Pitt? The ending of that one completely (banned) me off. I will never watch that film again.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 1:59:30 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
You just reminded me of another one. Does anyone remember Se7en with Brad Pitt? The ending of that one completely (banned) me off. I will never watch that film again.

Interesting, because I actually liked that movie. Maybe I can reconcile it because the bad guy ultimately does get caught and presumably punished, whereas the other two films the bad guys get off scot free.
Shizz
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:05:48 PM

Groups: Member

I thought Seven was pretty bad. Did not like the end, but one I think I hated worse was Steven King's(I know I should stop there) 'The Mist'. That ending made me feel like crap for hours afterward.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:17:19 PM

Shop at My Store

Shizz wrote:
I thought Seven was pretty bad. Did not like the end, but one I think I hated worse was Steven King's(I know I should stop there) 'The Mist'. That ending made me feel like crap for hours afterward.

You are correct. They changed the ending from the story. Originally, it just ended with them in the car driving through the mist. Not really a conclusion but better than what they wound up doing.

Hall Liquidations

Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 5:14:09 PM

Shop at My Store

Here's one: Dances with Wolves. I finally saw this one a few months ago. Look, I don't need every movie I see to tie up all the loose ends in a little bow at the end, but I hated how Kevin Costner and Indian Co. just wandered off at the end, with no real explanation as to how it all turns out. Sure, we know the United States eventually stomped all over the Indians by the time it was all over, but I just wanted something a little more concrete with this one, especially after sitting through it for three hours.
ukblueky
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 1:09:33 PM

I was going to mention No Country For Old Men but its already been mentioned. It wasn't just the ending that was bad but how one of the main plot lines of the movie gets wrapped up off screen (referring to Josh Brolin's character's demise).

The one that comes to mind is Buried with Ryan Reynolds. Very brave idea for a movie cause it's just a movie with one character who the entire movie is trapped in a buried coffin. The ending made me feel bad enough I wouldn't recommend the movie to anyone even though its not a bad movie.

Shutter Island is another that I hated the ending too. The movie wasn't the best to begin with. Throw in a crappy ending and you really feel cheated for watching it.

comicscastle
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 1:58:30 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

For me it was Titanic. I mean really, the boat sinks. I could see that coming a mile away.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Thundercron
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 2:10:43 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
For me it was Titanic. I mean really, the boat sinks. I could see that coming a mile away.

I think most dudes were okay with the ending, until the old lady throws the priceless diamond over the edge of the boat.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!Crying
Xylob
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 3:29:03 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Shizz wrote:
Agreed. It's one of my favorite short stories from him, but the movie was awful. Lots of cast members from Walking Dead in that one though...

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Shizz
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 7:14:12 PM

ukblueky wrote:
Shutter Island is another that I hated the ending too. The movie wasn't the best to begin with. Throw in a crappy ending and you really feel cheated for watching it.

It wasn't the greatest movie I agree, but I actually liked the ending to this one. It left it open for you to believe which ending you want, though it leaned heavily on one. I like that in a movie. Let me decide/deduce the outcome.
comic clint
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:59:10 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host

Im going with the newest of Wolverine Movies--- I was enjoying it and then the ending was like----- REALLLLLYYYYY????

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:16:52 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:

I hate to spoil Steven Spielberg's Lincoln for you, but he gets assassinated at the end! Big Grin

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:18:49 PM

Shop at My Store

Shizz wrote:
ukblueky wrote:

It wasn't the greatest movie I agree, but I actually liked the ending to this one. It left it open for you to believe which ending you want, though it leaned heavily on one. I like that in a movie. Let me decide/deduce the outcome.

That one was a little weird. When the credits rolled I sat there thinking, "That's it?" Not sure what to think.Confused

Hall Liquidations

evilskip42
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 12:37:29 PM

MARK OF THE VAMPIRE (1935) The last ten minutes destroy the first great 50 minutes. Wall

WRONG TURN 3-The tacked on ending makes no sense whatsoever and is 180 degrees from the rest of the movie. It just isn't logical. Silly
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 9:24:48 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

bump

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SpidermanGeek
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 4:46:21 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

I hate to spoil Steven Spielberg's Lincoln for you, but he gets assassinated at the end! Big Grin

Pat knows, John Wilkes Booth was his neighbor at the time. Anxious

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog