Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What's your load time? Options
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:01:04 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Since no one in the other thread complaining about load times wants to play ball, I figured I'd start a dedicated thread to do some statistical comparisons.

Running nothing but Firefox and the website http://www.online-stopwatch.com/ to time it, this morning I opened up the software and it took 2m 54s.

After that, I quickly checked each category and found I have 4,287 titles in my catalog that update every time on open.

Tonight, I opened the software without automatically checking for updates and it took a whopping 23 seconds.

Titles: 4,287
w/updates: 2m 54s
w/o updates: 23s

Finally, here's my specs which you can quickly find using the Windows Button + Pause:

Processor: Pentium Dual Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:10:18 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

With automatic updates turned on, using your online stopwatch - 42 seconds.
BUT, I only have 919 titles.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:39:11 PM

Shop at My Store

Thanks. I'm already very intrigued because a) the times are actually quite close when broken down and b) I actually updated faster per title than you. Of course the B part probably has more to do with how many updates we each needed in our titles. I probably didn't have a ton this morning.

Your time is a title updated every 0.045702 seconds and my in 0.040588. Flipping that around, you updated 21.88095 titles per second and I updated 24.63793 titles per second.

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:48:30 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Like I said in the other thread, my PC just crashed last week. I haven't even begun to put my stuff back in the system. It's going to be a long process.

I had about 5,000 floppies, probably a couple thousand trading cards, maybe 150-200 magazines, and about 50 or so TPB/GNs. And it took a couple minutes for it to load. I often would start it then go check my Facebook while it loaded or go do a quick chore or something.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 11:21:37 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
I had about 5,000 floppies, probably a couple thousand trading cards, maybe 150-200 magazines, and about 50 or so TPB/GNs. And it took a couple minutes for it to load. I often would start it then go check my Facebook while it loaded or go do a quick chore or something.

Like I said here and there, I'm looking for hard numbers, not random guessing.

That said, in the other thread you said you "have a bit more titles than" me. I find that hard to believe since, based on CCL reports I just looked at, I have 15,000+ floppies, 6,600+ trading cards, 160 mags, 1100+ trades & HCs and 100 action figures.

So, if you have a collection that's basically 1/3rd the size of mine and it's taking two or three minutes (the same as my load time), I'm going with system limitations on your old CPU's end. It'll be interesting to see if it's snappy when you get a new system up and running.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 6:54:06 AM

5563 comics
116 TPB/GNs
11 Hardbacks
2 Magazines
198 Action Figures
183 Trading Cards
and it only took 37 seconds this morning (didn't get any notification pop-ups this time)

Usually took around 12 minutes on my old system.

Also, it closes so fast now that I thought there was something wrong at first - I thought it wasn't doing the back-up anymore. Poked around the HDD and found the back-up files, new computer FTW.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 8:39:54 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Our new computer (1 month old) 31092 vomics, 157 magazines, 10 trade paper, 5769 total titles and we check for updates each time we load took 4 min 53 seconds. We shut down the software everyday and when we add to sell. Let us know if you need more info.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 8:55:13 AM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann

Titles: 4,287
Items: ~22,960
w/updates: 2m 54s
Titles per second: 24.63793
Items per second: ~131.95402

Xylob

Titles: 919
Items: 6,073
w/updates: 42s
Titles per second: 21.88095
Items per second: 144.59524

D&C

Titles: 5,769
Items: 31,259
w/updates: 4m 53s
Titles per second: 19.68942
Items per second: 106.68601

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 5:46:18 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

SwiftMann wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

That said, in the other thread you said you "have a bit more titles than" me. I find that hard to believe since, based on CCL reports I just looked at, I have 15,000+ floppies, 6,600+ trading cards, 160 mags, 1100+ trades & HCs and 100 action figures.

So, if you have a collection that's basically 1/3rd the size of mine and it's taking two or three minutes (the same as my load time), I'm going with system limitations on your old CPU's end. It'll be interesting to see if it's snappy when you get a new system up and running.

When you said 4,000 something titles, I thought you meant individual issues.

But the fact that you have to have a fast system to get good numbers (which I did, I ran Skyrim no problem), speaks volumes about the software being slow.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 6:19:04 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
...the fact that you have to have a fast system to get good numbers... speaks volumes about the software being slow.
It's all relative.
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with an Intel i3 3.4GHz and only 8GB of RAM. No dedicated video cards or audio cards (it's all the bare-bones basic stuff built into the motherboard), which means all video and audio have to run in/on system RAM.
That's a pretty low-end rig these day.
Certainly no gaming machine.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 6:44:14 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

When you said 4,000 something titles, I thought you meant individual issues.

But the fact that you have to have a fast system to get good numbers (which I did, I ran Skyrim no problem), speaks volumes about the software being slow.

Not fast. Modern. And just barely at 4+ years. And like Xylob, completely unmodified from out of the box.

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 7:15:33 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

56 titles
12 seconds

Guess its quick for me, should have just one title. Not sure why CCL is adding titles for me but dont use software anymore so no biggy.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 7:37:26 PM

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
56 titles
12 seconds

Guess its quick for me, should have just one title. Not sure why CCL is adding titles for me but dont use software anymore so no biggy.

CCL only adds a title to the software if you add something via website wish list or you add a title in the software.

freakdylan
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 7:49:16 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

SwiftMann wrote:

CCL only adds a title to the software if you add something via website wish list or you add a title in the software.

Ahh well hopefully they put an on/off switch on that in new system. Just because I add a key issue in wishlist doesnt mean I want the whole series. Then again if I never use software wont matter. lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Thundercron
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 11:53:48 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey! I want to play!

Just opened the software and ran an update. It took a total of 6:27. It's worth noting that the first 3:03 was spent processing 259 Notifications (Sell Items Added, Shelf Item Updates, Sell Items Removed). So the actual updating of the catalog was 3:24.

Some stats:

6027 Titles in the catalog, covering 131,297 issues (Comics).

Nothing really in the Collected folder, but the For Sale folder had 4461 active titles, with 24,355 individual issues.

The other folders are pretty small (Graphic Novels/Trades, Magazines, etc), with less than 100 titles in each.

I'm glad I did this, it made me mess around in areas of the software I've never looked at. I finally got to figure out the total retail value of my store, so that's good to know.
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 7:54:05 AM

Thundercron wrote:
...It's worth noting that the first 3:03 was spent processing 259 Notifications (Sell Items Added, Shelf Item Updates, Sell Items Removed)...
I'm wondering if this might not be a key area.
I generally try to keep them cleaned up via the website and the "delete all" button, but when I've gotten behind on that I do notice the software takes longer to open.
Also, I don't sell - not sure if the store component of things might cause longer load/update times.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 9:53:27 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

5:13 - I haven't opened the software in about 2 to 3 weeks so there was a lot of updating to occur. This is running on a Windows 2003 Server box that is quite a number of years old at this point (Core2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz, 8GB RAM). I tested from that box because it is the only one with a local copy of the software and DB. I usually access the db on the network share from my laptop over wifi (which takes a little longer)

Comics:
802 titles
5111 Issues (I guess. The reports are freaking confusing because I don't know what Items Inserted means vs. Item Folders)

GN/Trades:
95 Titles
165 issues

HC's
21 Titles
41 issues

Magazines:
29 Titles
432 Issues

Action Figures:
158 Titles
385 Issues

Statues/Busts:
11 Titles
131 Issues

Trading Cards:
411 Titles
3157 Issues (and I'm maybe 15% done cataloging them)

CCG/Gaming Cards:
86 Titles
3540 Issues

padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 5:50:18 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Haven't opened software in 27 days. From launch to finish up updates it took 11:53.

Titles: 1,053
Issues: 7,081

The vast majority of those titles and issues are comics. Some are hardcovers or trades.

Currently running Windows Vista 32bit, Core2 Duo T5800 2Ghz, 4GB RAM.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 5:52:47 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

padreglcc wrote:
Haven't opened software in 27 days. From launch to finish up updates it took 11:53.

The vast majority of those titles and issues are comics. Some are hardcovers or trades.

Man, you are a saint.

padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 6:31:20 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

scotteaves wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

Man, you are a saint.

Nope, just cheap. I use a MacBook Pro at the office and have it available for personal use as well, so I haven't bothered to update my laptop in a while. I mostly just keep it around to run the CCL software.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.