Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Marvel Studios-Netflix Casts DAREDEVIL's THE KINGPIN Options
4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:27:33 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

http://www.newsarama.com/21318-marvel-studios-netflix-casts-daredevil-s-the-kingpin.html

Quote:
Marvel Studios has cast Vincent D’Onofrio, he of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Men in Black fame as Wilson Fisk, aka the Kingpin, in the 2015 13-episode Netflix Daredevil series.

D’Onofrio joins Charlie Cox, previously announced in the series’ lead role as Matt Murdock/Daredevil.

According to Marvel, Fisk is “a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.”

“We’re incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining 'Marvel’s Daredevil'in such an integral role,” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television in an announcement “Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

icarus201
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:16:29 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Private Pyle is the Kingpin?

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 7:53:13 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Great. You have now ruined the show for me. I will not be able to look at the Kingpin without thinking, "I don't like the name Lawrence, only f-----s and sailors are called Lawrence. From now on you're Gomer Pyle!" Rolling on the Floor

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:15:33 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Vincent D'Onofrio is an amazing actor. This is a fantastic choice. In fact, I can't think of a better choice.

--cue all the haters who despise every casting choice ever made for a comic book movie/show.
rook68
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:55:13 AM

Groups: Member

Even though D'Onofrio is a good actor. Will he look the part? In my mind I have always seen the Kingpin as a massive man of girth and muscle. I felt the late Michael Duncan Clarke was a good fit for the part. Maybe some movie magic will make D'Onofrio look the part. Time will tell.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:47:27 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

rook68 wrote:
Even though D'Onofrio is a good actor. Will he look the part? In my mind I have always seen the Kingpin as a massive man of girth and muscle. I felt the late Michael Duncan Clarke was a good fit for the part. Maybe some movie magic will make D'Onofrio look the part. Time will tell.

I mean no offense when I say this, but I would rather have a good show with great acting than a turd sandwich with some dudes who look like the characters from the comics.

My guess is that d'onofrio will make the character his, just like he has done in all his other roles. I'll make you a friendly side bet that you end up loving his rendition of the kingpin.
DivideAndConquer
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2014 7:07:57 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Great. You have now ruined the show for me. I will not be able to look at the Kingpin without thinking, "I don't like the name Lawrence, only f-----s and sailors are called Lawrence. From now on you're Gomer Pyle!" Rolling on the Floor

It's also been announced that Elden Henson, aka Fulton Reed from "The Mighty Ducks" has been cast as Foggy Nelson:

Good luck watching him without thinking "Who Farted?" "IT WAS ME!!!"Laughing

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2014 11:23:22 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

They are putting together a fantastic cast. I am in the wait and see camp right now. With the cast they have lined up so far..if the show fails it will be due to poor writing.

Mad Bloggings

rook68
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 7:44:29 PM

Groups: Member

comicuniversity wrote:
rook68 wrote:

I mean no offense when I say this, but I would rather have a good show with great acting than a turd sandwich with some dudes who look like the characters from the comics.

My guess is that d'onofrio will make the character his, just like he has done in all his other roles. I'll make you a friendly side bet that you end up loving his rendition of the kingpin.

No offense taken. I hope he kills the role and the whole series is a huge success. By no means do I want this to fail and have my inner Comic Book Guy come out. Worst comic book TV show ever!
By the way. Blood Of Heroes is one of my all time favorite movies. I loved him in that, as well as Rutger Hauer.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 11:10:55 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I seriously hope this thing works. DC has been kicking Marvel's butt on TV lately so I think it would be nice for Marvel to start picking it up and giving us some quality boob-tube viewing. Other than Marvel's Agents of SHIELD! Big Grin

Marvel has so many characters that would fit in well with this type of series. Cloak and Dagger, Prowler, Purple Man, Boomerang, Shocker, White Tiger, Constrictor, Vulture, Chemistro, I could go on and on.

I will keep an open mind until I actually see it. Daydreaming

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations