Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » Think a good lawyer has a case?
monidaw1
Saturday, August 11, 2018 3:17:59 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
So I've run out of things to watch so it's time to start 5 seasons of Arrow again.

One of the first episodes last night Deadshot has a victim targetted.

The policeman realizes it and reacts fast enough to move the victim out of the way.

The end result was a waiter gets hit by the bullet now that the intended victim is has been moved.

The bullets have been poison dipped so even grazing shots kill.

Deadshot fires multiple other rounds into the room trying again to hit the target but instead taking down multiple other people.

Reminds me of that country song from when I was a kid,

"40 shots rang out, 40 people fell, Billy and the badman missed each other, but they shot that town to (you know the rest)"

Basically because of one "Heroic" act, a crime that would have cost one life, multiple people have now been killed.

Who gets sued?
lcfrick
Saturday, August 11, 2018 5:27:47 PM
Groups: Member
It's unlikely that any attempt to sue the police would have any legs to stand on, since police have fairly wide ranging protection from lawsuits stemming from them performing their duties (assuming they're performing their duties as they're supposed to).

Basically the person who was shot would have to prove that the police violated his civil rights by letting him get shot. It'd practically have to be the cop pushing him into the way of the bullet with clear intent that's what he was trying to do. Or if the victim could find documentation showing that the police knew about the shooting beforehand and didn't take any precautions to prevent it before it happened, then he'd have a case for negligence.

I mean, the person could still try to sue the city and the police, but odds are that case would get thrown out fairly quickly.
Tamwood
Sunday, August 12, 2018 9:49:06 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
This also proves how horrible DC's movie and television writing is. Deadshot is the man who never misses ... and he proceeds to miss multiple times on one target. Pathetic.
Thundercron
Monday, August 13, 2018 3:18:14 AM
Shop at My Store
Tamwood wrote:
This also proves how horrible DC's movie and television writing is. Deadshot is the man who never misses ... and he proceeds to miss multiple times on one target. Pathetic.

Hmmm....maybe his name "Deadshot" doesn't necessarily mean he's a good shot, but rather that every shot he takes results in someone getting dead. Even if it's not the intended target.

Maybe?

Big Grin

Laughing

Liar

Straight Face

Carry on.
monidaw1
Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:28:03 AM
Shop at My Store
Quote:

Season 2 Deadshot actually tells Digle he "Never Misses" and that his brother was a hit put out by H.I.V.E.

That makes me think neither the writers or Deadshot watched season 1.