Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Did Jay Company rip me off? Options
Chainsaw76
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:21:12 PM

Groups: Member

On July 30th I placed an order on the Jay Company website and when I received my comics two of them were not in the order. I have sent about fifty messages to two of their email addresses without a response and have even tried to contact them through some of their ebay auctions. I also tried to call them, but their phone number is disconnected. The comics only cost $23.00 but that's not the point, it's the fact that they're a supposedly trustworthy business that deals with most of the major publishers and I thought they would care about customer satisfaction(I guess not).

Has anyone else had a similar experience with them and what can I do about this? It's been two months now and I'm getting a bit upset(understatement). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The gene pool could use a little chlorine
ZombieCenobiteX
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:03:18 PM

I'm vengeful and hateful. I would browse thru as much info as I could about the company, find the owner or CEO, CFO or all the upper mangement names, then start calling them on their business lines. If no response within 24 hours I'd start calling them at their home phone number. I've done it several times and everytime something like that happens to me usually the CEO of any business will go above and beyond to correct the problem when you call him at home to tell him the problem and that his undermanagement has allowed it to get to that point.

Remember kids, you don't have to brush all your teeth................Just the ones you want to keep.

http://www.myspace.com/cenobite_zombie
loganzak
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:10:15 PM

how do you get their home numbers Think

Colbert '08 (And So Can You)
ZombieCenobiteX
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:06:05 PM

Find out where the company is located, what city and such. Call the company ask for the next higher up and so on get their first and last names, then do a white pages search, I'll post the place I go thru later. Then lie if you have to.

Remember kids, you don't have to brush all your teeth................Just the ones you want to keep.

http://www.myspace.com/cenobite_zombie
Chainsaw76
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 10:38:00 AM

I'm begining to think I'm just going to have to deal with the fact that I'll never see the comics I didn't receive. I've been looking around and this has happened to quite a few people. From the looks of it Jay Company likes to steal people's moneyShame on You . I'm going to keep trying to get my comics or a refund, but I suggest you don't purchase anything from these guys unless you like flushing money down the toilet.

Thieves & Liars! Shame on them!

Batman007
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 1:11:00 PM

I hope you've filed a complaint with ebay. You're more likely to get a response from Jay Company when eBay is doing the pursuing rather than you. As well, it could help shut Jay Company down off of eBay and that would hit them hard.
KingZombie
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 7:24:31 PM

Batman007 wrote:
I hope you've filed a complaint with ebay. You're more likely to get a response from Jay Company when eBay is doing the pursuing rather than you. As well, it could help shut Jay Company down off of eBay and that would hit them hard.

I don't think he purchased the books through them with eBay, just tried contacting them that way. I think the best thing to do is if you paid by credit card is to call the credit card company and file a dispute with them. Not 100% sure if they can do anything if you received part of the order but it's worth a shot. But keep sending the e-mails to wherever you can as much as you can if that's the only way you know right now how to communicate with them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

BTW, I checked their feedback on eBay, while their rating is not the greatest, they haven't had a complaint in over 12 months. So if people are getting screwed by them on eBay they're not reporting it. Think
Chainsaw76
Posted: Monday, October 01, 2007 8:35:52 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'm continuing to send emails and now I've got a few more avenues to pursue. I'll keep you guys posted & hopefully this can help anyone else from going through the same hassle.

KingZombie
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2007 5:45:12 PM

Hey Chainsaw, just curious, how's it going with contacting Jay Company or getting your books? :-s
Chainsaw76
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 8:54:53 PM

I recently tried to file a merchant dispute with my credit card company, but since it had been over 60 days (63 to be exactD'oh ) that avenue was closed to me. I decided after that to file a complaint with the better business bureau. That was 12 or 13 days ago and Jay Company had 14 days to respond to my claim so I've held off from bombing them with emails every night until the two weeks elapses. I don't know if they will actually respond or, if they don't, if the BBB will do anything after that. We'll see.

I think I might have found how to get the home numbers of the business owners, but you have to pay to get them. That would be more money these guys have cost me and with my luck I would probably get sued for harrassing them. Where's the Punisher when you need him?

KingZombie
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 11:35:53 PM

3 lousy days and the credit card company won't do anything. Those dillholes. Hopefully the BBB will be able to do something, good idea on contacting them.
vacantpassenger
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 11:38:02 AM

Chainsaw76
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:24:44 AM

Well, time's up for Jay Company to respond to my BBB complaint and guess what? NOTHING! It turns out that since Jay Company hasn't signed up to be an upstanding member with the Better Business Bureau, my complaint can't be pursued any further. I contacted the BBB after time had elapsed and was informed my next course of action would have to be legal. I would love to pursue this, but can't really see paying thousands of dollars to get $22 back(if I could afford it, I would do it without hesitation because it's not really the money it's the principle). I guess I'll just keep bombing them with emails. I'm even going to create a few new accounts so they can't just block me from their list. I've resolved to never buy one of their variants from anybody and hopefully I can convince other people to do the same.

Maybe I'll make a website called Jay Company sucks, with info on all of the times they have stolen money from people, so it will show up when people search for them on AOL or Google

hedgeknight
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:38:32 AM

From their website, here is their contact info:
Quote:
You can contact us at:
JAY COMPANY COMICS
Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm PST 818-785-8998

Have you tried calling them? Call Me
-g-

Winter is coming...
Chainsaw76
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:48:46 AM

Their number is disconnected, and yes they're still in business because they have ongoing auctions on their site.

Batman007
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:56:02 AM

You can request Contact Info through eBay, they'll get yours as well but I think you might have to be involved in an auction with them to do so. Contact one of the people who left negative feedback and maybe they could help you get their number. They're clearly still operating and eBay requires a valid phone number. I think this is your best bet.
Chainsaw76
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2007 10:43:53 PM

Batman007 wrote:
You can request Contact Info through eBay, they're get yours as well but I think you might have to be involved in an auction with them to do so. Contact one of the people who left negative feedback and maybe they could help you get their number. They're clearly still operating and eBay requires a valid phone number. I think this is your best bet.

That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of contacting anybody besides Jay Co. through ebay. I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks Bats.

KingZombie
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 12:34:48 AM

Hey Chainsaw, what's the good word? Get a hold of anyone?
Batman007
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:00:31 PM

Any update on this?
Chainsaw76
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:25:02 PM

Well, I just sent messages to every ebay member that had a beef with jay company in the last 2 years and also sent a message to ebay to report that jay company's contact info was now non existant, which is a violation of ebay policy. I don't know if this will do me any good but it does make me feel a little better for the moment. I've also asked my sister, who works in a law firm, if anyone there has any ideas. Legal action at this point is out of the question. They only owe me $22.00 and it would be like swatting a fly with a hydrogen bomb.
Hopefully when I get back from work tomorrow there will be some responses waiting for me.

By the way, when you search for jay company comics on aol this thread is the second or third reult that shows upApplause