Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » Favorite Writer/Artist Duos
MoonKnight1
Thursday, January 14, 2021 4:05:29 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
What are your favorite Creator Duos in comics?

Everyone has their favorite writer or artist but they don't always get to pick who they work with and sometimes things don't mesh as well as you would hope. But when a creative team synchs up it can lead to some amazing adventures!

Doesn't matter if it's a long term collaboration or just a short stint, which author and drawer combination most piques your interest?

Howie's Saying of the Week

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe - Frederick Douglass

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Thursday, January 14, 2021 4:05:50 PM
Shop at My Store
Here's a couple of my faves

Can't go wrong with Stan and Jack. Their interpersonal relationship notwithstanding, the printed material that they gave to us is unparalleled in comic book history. Nuff said.

Speaking of rifts between creators, John Byrne and Chris Claremont had their differences but also produced some of the most iconic events and storylines in Marvel comics. Mostly X-Men but also some great Power Man and Iron Fist issues.

Not to stay all Marvel but I also thought that Frank Miller and Klaus Janson did amazing work on numerous titles (also a shout out to Lynn Varley so more like a trio) such as Daredevil, Dark Knight, 300, more.

Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. I can't think of a single comic book that I have read of theirs that I haven't liked. Legion of Super Heroes, Guardians of the Galaxy. Resurrection Man was one of the best series I have ever read. Hands down.

Kind of obscure one here. Matt Wagner and his son Brennan Wagner. I have already been a Matt fan for years and to see his son following in his footsteps, and doing a good job of it, is awesome to behold. If only they could finish Devil's Odyssey. Wall

That's my short list. I'm sure that a few of you out there have an opinion or two...Call Me

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe - Frederick Douglass

Xylob
Thursday, January 14, 2021 6:54:42 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Richard Moore. He primarily works with Richard Moore. Big Grin

Giffen and Jurgens FTW!
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
wildd0g
Thursday, January 14, 2021 8:58:12 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Joe R. Lansdale & Timothy Truman

Their work on the Jonah Hex minis were exemplary! I also enjoyed their team up on The Lone Ranger and Tonto from Topps.
lcfrick
Friday, January 15, 2021 12:21:43 AM
Groups: Member
For recency bias, Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.

I'm tempted to buy just about anything that Snyder is the writer on, even if it's not something I'd usually enjoy (looking at you Nocterra), but when he's together with Capullo (Batman, Dark Night: Metal, and Dark Nights: Death Metal), -chef's kiss-.

All time, probably Stan Lee and John Romita Sr. and all of the issues they collaborated on Amazing Spider-man between issues #39 and #100. So many amazing stories in that run and whenever I picture any Spider-man art in my head, Romita Sr's is the first that pops up.
comicuniversity
Friday, January 15, 2021 10:24:02 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator
Great thread and some good answers so far.

Levitz and giffen on legion of superheroes

And

Morrison and porter on JLA
MoonKnight1
Saturday, January 16, 2021 3:58:42 PM
Shop at My Store
comicuniversity wrote:
Levitz and giffen on legion of superheroes

And

Morrison and porter on JLA

Yes and yes.

Can't believe I didn't think of this one earlier. I may be slow of mind.

Mark Evanier and Sergio Aragones. (and Stan Sakai and Tom Luth). Groo the Wanderer is one of the most absolutely amazing character and comic that there is, ever was and ever will be thanks to this all star team.

Wait, did some mendicant call me, "slow of mind"? Time for a fray! Followed by cheese dip!

4saken1
Sunday, January 17, 2021 11:21:59 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt.
Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).