Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » How do you View? Binge Watch or Stretch it Out?

Poll Question: All at once or one at a time?

• Binge! Binge! Binge!
    14%
    1 vote(s)
  • One at a time
    42%
    3 vote(s)
  • Two or three in a row
    42%
    3 vote(s)
  • I don't watch TV
    0%
    0 vote(s)

How do you View? Binge Watch or Stretch it Out?

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 12:59:02 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I remember when I was a kid way back in the 1970's there were only 3 TV channels and there was no such thing as a VCR, On Demand, Streaming Service, YouTube - none of that - and we only had one tube in the house. So if you wanted to watch a particular television show you would have to be plunked down on your couch or beanbag chair at precisely 7:00 or 8:30 or whenever it came on.

If you happened to miss it for some reason (I don't know, maybe your sister demanded that the family watch Falcon Crest instead of Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Angry ) then you were going to have to wait until the Summer reruns. If you were lucky enough that they actually reran that episode.

Nowadays in the far flung future not only is there a myriad of ways to watch TV shows whenever you want, new shows are frequently dropped all at once. Instead of 1 episode a week we now have the option to watch an entire series in one sitting. If it is a show that only airs once a week you can tune in then or DVR it and watch at your leisure.

What is your preference?

Do you watch them back-to-back-to-back for as long as you are awake or do you go one or maybe two at a time?

If it's a new show that only airs once a week do you store several episodes up and then blow through them or do you watch as soon as it's available?

I want to know how do you view! Call Me

Howie's Saying of the Week

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe - Frederick Douglass

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 1:07:11 PM
Shop at My Store
I actually do and have done both. In general I will watch something new that I like as soon as I can (Mandalorian, Wandavision to name two right now) but I also binge on stuff too.

The first time that I did that was when I got the DVD box set for Lost: Season 1. I put the first disc in thinking that I would watch the first ep. and maybe the 2nd but next thing I knew I had blown through the first 5 episodes. Finally had to go to bed because I had to be at work in like 5 hours. Couldn't get enough of that show. Ended up finishing the entire season in less than a week.

With shows that drop all at once I like to stretch them out a bit. Watch a couple at a time and then come back later for more. A lot of times, after I have watched the entire series I'll hit it up again pretty soon just so I can catch things that I might have missed the first go around.

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe - Frederick Douglass

jbeeman85
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 3:58:37 PM
Groups: Member
As I am one of those weirdos that does not have a subscription to the normal streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc), I watch shows as they air. Or, I will tape them and watch as soon as I get the chance.

I enjoy FBI, FBI:Most Wanted, Seal Team, and Manifest (to name a few). I often end up recording and watching within the next few days as I watch sporting events as they air or live in person (stupid Covid making me miss attending Preds Opening day...Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry )
ratrapp
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:39:36 PM
i binge watch.i spent new years day binge watching cobra kai season 3 and bag and boarding books.best day i spent home in a long time.
bluedevil2002
Tuesday, January 19, 2021 7:14:25 PM
It's strange. I haven't really been in a life stage for either for a while. I have rarely watch anything as it aired dating back well over a decade as I was working evenings. I used to binge during the day, but then kids came along and made it harder to do that. Now I work a normal schedule, but still can't watch too much with the kids around. And that window after the kids get to bed but before my wife starts falling asleep is extremely narrow.
4saken1
Wednesday, January 20, 2021 10:02:45 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I like to watch shows one episode at a time, and do several series at once. Currently working through Mr. Robot, Handmaid's Tale, The Queen's Gambit, Big Mouth, This is Us, Brooklyn 99, Umbrella Academy, and GLOW.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
MoonKnight1
Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:11:10 AM
Shop at My Store
jbeeman85 wrote:
I watch sporting events as they air

I cannot watch a taped sporting event if I already know the outcome. Unless it's something from a long time ago like Super Bowl XVII or something. Silly

ratrapp wrote:
i binge watch.i spent new years day binge watching cobra kai season 3 and bag and boarding books.best day i spent home in a long time.

That's my thing. I will marathon some show while putting together bags and boards and then filling them with comics. Mix work with pleasure!

bluedevil2002 wrote:
It's strange. I haven't really been in a life stage for either for a while. I have rarely watch anything as it aired dating back well over a decade as I was working evenings. I used to binge during the day, but then kids came along and made it harder to do that. Now I work a normal schedule, but still can't watch too much with the kids around. And that window after the kids get to bed but before my wife starts falling asleep is extremely narrow.

Yep, kids put a dent in TV watching. Unless you're into Sponge Bob or Dora the Explorer or whatever they're watching these days. Sigh

4saken1 wrote:
I like to watch shows one episode at a time, and do several series at once. Currently working through Mr. Robot, Handmaid's Tale, The Queen's Gambit, Big Mouth, This is Us, Brooklyn 99, Umbrella Academy, and GLOW.

Queen's Gambit was very good. One of those rare shows that both Colleen and I liked.

Umbrella Academy rocked it. I thought the first season was awesome and then the second season was even better. I hope they come back for a third.

Still do both, binge and watch immediately. Watched Mandalorian every week as soon as I could and then I'll go back and watch several at a time kind of like a mini-movie. Already knowing what happens allows me to look in the backgrounds for things I may have missed the first go around.

Hawkman71
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 12:22:57 AM
2 or 3 in a row