Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Banned For Life From the Worst LCS in Colorado!!! Options
padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 11:57:59 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

Yikes, Xylob, what a horror story! Makes my appreciate my LCS even more. My local shop is the only one within a 1 hour radius of where I live, so I would pretty much have to shop there no matter what, but I'm extremely blessed to have a shop run by a guy who is both professional and friendly (as are the employees). The guys at my LCS have gone out of their way to make sure I have the books I'm looking for in my pull, even to the point of setting aside variant covers just so I can see if I want them or not. I get a good discount on books and a free copy of Previews each month. We talk about things besides the regular fan-boy stuff, and I've even been invited out to lunch with some of the guys before. After reading your story, Xy, I'm thinking about sending them a card or something to let them know how much I appreciate them!

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
Xylob
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 12:24:06 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

damn, your LCS sounds like the one I had back in the early 90s.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Tamwood
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 4:16:12 PM

SwiftMann wrote:

When I go into shops around here, I'm still floored by the fact that they are sold out of stuff (and not "hot" books of the moment like Earth 2, just normal stuff) by Thursday afternoon. You know why [insert criminally under selling book here] isn't doing great on the Diamond chart? Because stores don't order enough shelf copies to last 24 freakin' hours.

While it can be annoying, it's business. I know that, at my shop, they only order 2-3 copies of a book beyond the pull list. Maybe 5 copies if it's something big (start of a widely-promoted cross-over, etc). The market's tough, there are 2 other comic shops in town, and they don't have the money to stock 10 extra issues of a book, to be stuck with 8 of them going on CCL for $1.00 after a couple of months.

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 5:48:09 PM

Groups: Member

Xy...that story makes my stomach sick and turning in knots, i cant believe the guy would treat you that way, insane in the membrane for real, ive had differences with fellow ccl member on personal levels beliefs and thought process and so forth, which is a personal thing, but when it comes down to business and service, all that stuff goes out the window, you and me may think differently about things, but i would never do you bad like that dude, even i would make sure you got what you need and service you top notch like we do everybody else who shops with us or that is a sub member, for this guy to treat you that way, i know hes got to have a serious problem and his business will suffer for it and he will have problems with his business, if he treated you that way with such ease, hes been treating other the same for a while now, thats not good, there's not many profitable comic shop, not due to service but logistics and the industry in general, and to add piss poor service on top of that, your guaranteed to close shop or be in a constant state of morose, good luck with mile highs service, we had a few guys here locally that were using the nice service, but they switched over to us, for service reasons, so if at any point you need something just let me know, and ill be here for you, no matter what...Don
inhumanking
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 10:16:06 PM

fenix1977 wrote:
I never have to worry about books missing. If something does slip through a quick email sorts it out... There is just something about getting good customer service that makes little things like a missed book easier to deal with. Knowing that your comic book supplier wants to do a good job and doesn't treat you like just a line item on their monthly books.
The wait is well worth it because I know my books are coming and I know I am saving money which actually allows me to have a larger pull list.

awesome! you subscribe with ComicsCastle too?

SwiftMann
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 10:51:42 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Tamwood wrote:
SwiftMann wrote:

When I go into shops around here, I'm still floored by the fact that they are sold out of stuff (and not "hot" books of the moment like Earth 2, just normal stuff) by Thursday afternoon. You know why [insert criminally under selling book here] isn't doing great on the Diamond chart? Because stores don't order enough shelf copies to last 24 freakin' hours.

While it can be annoying, it's business. I know that, at my shop, they only order 2-3 copies of a book beyond the pull list. Maybe 5 copies if it's something big (start of a widely-promoted cross-over, etc). The market's tough, there are 2 other comic shops in town, and they don't have the money to stock 10 extra issues of a book, to be stuck with 8 of them going on CCL for $1.00 after a couple of months.

That's bad business.

Ideally a shop should have one, maybe two, copies of the previous month or two issues on the shelf. That's an ideal world. At the very least, a shop owner should be able to pre-order enough copies of any series past issue four to last through the first weekend of release.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
Tamwood
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 2:08:06 AM

What's worse? Not having extra copies on the shelf after a week, or being out of business because you've got money tied up in issues that you can't sell?

I understand the frustration. I don't get to the shop myself until at least Friday afternoon/early evening, so if there's something that I wanted after-the-fact, there's a good chance I'll have to have the shop re-order it, and wait an extra week.

KingZombie
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 5:43:35 PM

Who wants to take bets on Xylob going back to that store again? I say 1 year, he's back and getting abused all over again!
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 6:13:34 PM

No way. They won't get another penny from this guy.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:15:24 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Xylob wrote:
No way. They won't get another penny from this guy.

You've said that as many times as they've banned you.

I'm with zombie. In fact, I bet you go back this very month.
4saken1
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:31:02 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I get Xylob posted that last message from his cell phone while he was at that very store! Rolling on the Floor
j/k.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some of your comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:50:57 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
...In fact, I bet you go back this very month.
well... maybe with a flaming bag of poo.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

comicuniversity
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:08:46 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Out 'em xylob!

If you ain't going back, shouldn't matter.

Devil
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:38:20 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

inhumanking wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
I never have to worry about books missing. If something does slip through a quick email sorts it out... There is just something about getting good customer service that makes little things like a missed book easier to deal with. Knowing that your comic book supplier wants to do a good job and doesn't treat you like just a line item on their monthly books.
The wait is well worth it because I know my books are coming and I know I am saving money which actually allows me to have a larger pull list.

awesome! you subscribe with ComicsCastle too?

Finar Cool

Mad Bloggings

dunleavy75
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:46:32 PM

comicscastle wrote:
Think subscription service.

Applause Applause Applause Pat is the best! I've actually obtained the same formula that keeps Cap and Nick Fury going forever and secretly planted some in Pat's drink so he'll live on and on so I'll never have to have a sub service with anyone else ever gain! Laughing

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:48:07 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

dunleavy75 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Pat is the best! I've actually obtained the same formula that keeps Cap and Nick Fury going forever and secretly planted some in Pat's drink so he'll live on and on so I'll never have to have a sub service with anyone else ever gain! Laughing

Dun - if you every have any problems getting any planted in Pat's drinks, let me know. I stop over at Pat's every now and again - be glad to help you (and everyone else!) out with that. :)

comicscastle
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:11:35 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

scotteaves wrote:
dunleavy75 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

Dun - if you every have any problems getting any planted in Pat's drinks, let me know. I stop over at Pat's every now and again - be glad to help you (and everyone else!) out with that. :)
Or send the stuff directly to me. At my age I'll try anything to keep me going. I already promised my wife I'd take her out for dinner on her 100th birthday on 8/3/2054 and I have never lied to her.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar

inhumanking
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 9:31:31 AM

dunleavy75 wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Pat is the best!

what he said.