Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
**Spoiler**Thor 2: The Dark World**Spoiler** Options
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:58:25 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

What do you guys think of the Thor 2 title and the addition of Dr. Strange to the film?

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:21:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

The_Ghost wrote:
What do you guys think of the Thor 2 title and the addition of Dr. Strange to the film?

If they could get Johnny Depp to play him, I'd be made up. If the script will be based around Malekith and Dark Elves, then I'm confident after the first movie that this will be handled in the right way.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:59:05 PM

I like the idea of a Dark Elves story but hate the idea of Dr. Strange in it. I've never been a fan of his and really dont want to see him in the Avengers.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:06:52 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Shizz
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:04:24 PM

Groups: Member

The_Ghost wrote:
I like the idea of a Dark Elves story but hate the idea of Dr. Strange in it. I've never been a fan of his and really dont want to see him in the Avengers.

+1
vinceclortho
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:36:31 PM

Can't remember where I saw it, CBR possibly (?), but Viggo Mortensen is supposedly in contract talks to be in a future Phase 2 movie. I think he could be a great pick for Dr. Strange.

Is Dr. Strange just a cameo in Thor 2 to promote him in Avengers and a self-titled flick?

If your new to the Marvel War of Heroes app enter referral code muv861982 for a cool in-game card and reward.

Check out my Sporcle quiz! X-Men Past and Present

The_Ghost
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:16:16 PM

I'm hoping its a cameo but then Hawkeye and Black Widow were cameos too and then ended up in the Avengers movie.

Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:27:18 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

I realize all the comic nerds out there want phase 2 to be just like phase 1. (You can tell by all the justice league movie talk. everyone just keeps thinking Justice league has to be done like Avengers was).

But, I am guessing Marvel has some tricks up their sleeves. In fact, I would bet my lunch money we are going to see some appearances that will have nothing to do with Avengers.

In fact, as I've been thinking about it, I could see them setting up a much larger scale, ambitious project. Can you say....Avengers/Defenders war?
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:36:25 AM

The Dr. Strange rumors are just that....rumors. Nothing has been confirmed (yet) and Viggo Mortenson reportedly has no interest in being involved.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/13/viggo-mortensen-doctor-strange-thor-the-dark-world/

Now if the rumors turn out to be true, I hope its Johnny Depp in the role as well.

comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:46:12 AM

Marvel has to try and top Avengers.

First step is simply to get good people involved and make good movies. That should be a lot easier now than it was ten years ago because these movies, largely, have been wildly successful.

Next step is to choose the story. Of course, all the phase 2 movies will stand on their own. But, Marvel has built a cohesive movie universe and the fans have responded strongly. They should defininitely continue that.
Have a thread that connects them all.

Then, the culmination of phase two needs to be epic. I mean, really epic. Star Wars/Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter epic.

I am thinking about a trilogy filmed LOTResque. You know, choose a story and film a trilogy or a duology or whatever all at once. My first thought was Avengers/Defenders war (with the Defenders all introduced in phase 2 films)...but really, there are many choices. Obviuosly Thanos has already been set up, but he could be woven into any story, if the writing is strong enough.

Then Phase 3 is friggin' massive. in fact...it ain't even a phase anymore.
You have the Avengers and all their characters and the Defenders and all their characters.

Marvel could be putting out new movies 3 or 4 times a year. I know that sounds ridiculous. But, the success of these movies and the money they generate keep creative teams, actors and movie studios salivating.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:47:59 AM

Then use all the scratch they are making to buy back Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Daredevil and X-men from their prospective studios.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:48:25 AM

Am I going obverboard.

Nerd
vinceclortho
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:14:47 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
Am I going obverboard.

Nerd

Sounds awesome to me. I'm down.

If your new to the Marvel War of Heroes app enter referral code muv861982 for a cool in-game card and reward.

Check out my Sporcle quiz! X-Men Past and Present