Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
SHS 1 Trading Window Open Options
LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:44:07 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

In another SuperHero Showdown first, your loveable hosts have decided to give all SHS 1 managers an opportunity to upgrade, or at least shake up, your line-ups. Here's how this works...

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. If something's not clear, ask. Chances are someone else has the same question.

Between now and Wednesday, Sept. 26th, you may either trade surviving fighters from your roster with another manager or exchange one of the surviving fighters on your roster for an undrafted character.

Trade rules, restrictions and such...

 All trades / exchanges will be effective as of the beginning of Round 9.

 This is optional. If you're 100% happy with your remaining line-up you don't need to do anything.

-----------------------------

 Watch the timing of your trade / upgrade posts.

..* Once you post, the deal is final (unless you are exchanging for an undrafted character that the game hosts rule over the cap.)

....- The decision of the SHS hosts regarding character eligibility is final.

....- Do not assume that just because a character was under/over the cap during the draft that still holds true. Eligibility is based on the character's abilities in Current Continuity.

..* Any fighters involved in a trade / exchange must be alive at the end of Round 8.

..* If you use the fighter involved in your deal in your Round 8 fight, and that fighter loses

....- Trades:
......# The trade is nullified.
......# The manager of the losing character forfeits their chance to trade.
......# If the second character is still alive, that character's manager may arrange another trade or exchange, providing they trade / exchange the character from the original deal.

....- Exchanges for undrafted characters
......# The exchange is nullified.
......# The manager of the losing character forfeits their chance to make an exchange or trade.

..* In other words, if your trade or exchange involves a character you plan to use in Round 8, it's a good idea to wait until AFTER your Round 8 fight to post said trade or exchange.

 When you are ready to finalize a deal, post it in this thread.

..* If you are making a trade, both managers must post here.

....- For example, Jim and Steve are managers who decide to trade fighters. Jim posts - I'm trading Dudley Do-Right to Steve in exchange for Fred Flintstone. Steve must confirm the trade by posting, I'm trading Fred Flintstone to Jim for Dudley Do-Right.

..* If you are making an exchange, post both the new character you are recruiting and the character you are giving up in exchange.

....- For example, I decide to exchange Rex the Wonder Dog for Rocket Raccoon, so I post "I am adding Rocket Raccoon to my roster. In eschange, I'm releasing Rex the Wonder Dog."

....-Any characters surrendered in this manner are out of the tournament. They may not be selected by another manager.

..* As stated earlier, once you post that's it. No 2nd chances except in the case of an over the cap ruling.

 Only one trade or upgrade per team

..* You may not swap for an undrafted character and make a trade with another manager

..* You may not make a trade deal with more than one manager.

 New additions to your roster replace the character you are trading / exchanging

..* If the character you are trading / exchanging has already been used in your current rotation the new fighter may not be used until the next rotation.

 Cards

..* If you have a Time Bubble Card left over from the draft, and have at least one card use left, you may exchange one of your fighters for a character from the future or for a character who is deceased in present continuity.

..* If you have a Multiverse Card, and have at least one card use left, you may exchange one of your fighters for a character from an alternate universe (AoA, Ultimate, Earth 2, etc.)

....- Alternate Universe characters selected in this process must be alive as of their last appearance in their universe.

....- You do not need to have the mainstream continuity version of the character to use the Multiverse Card for this selection

....- The selected character remains on your roster until eliminated

..* If you have at least TWO card plays available and have both a Time Bubble Card and a Multiverse Card in your possession, you may use both cards to exchange one of your fighters for an alternate universe character who is currently deceased in that Universe (ex. Ultimate Peter Parker, Earth-2 Batman).

..* Characters selected using these cards must fall below the Thor / Wonder Woman cap.

 You may not exchange a fighter for a drafted character that has been eliminated in an earlier Round of the tournament.

..* In other words, if you think Zatanna got a bad break, that's too bad. She's done for the tournament.

The Trading Window closes at 10 PM Eastern Time (9 Central, 7 Pacific) Wednesday, Sept. 26th. All trade / exchange posts must be timestamped prior to the end of the Trading Window.

EDIT

ukblueky
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:08:52 PM

Groups: Member

Question about the cards.
If we exchange a Time Bubble card does that count as a card use? If we have two card plays left and do the card exchange does that mean we only have one card play left?
Also if we exchange a Multiverse card for an alternate U character does this mean we gain an additional fighter to our roster while keeping all our remaining fighters?

LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:40:38 PM

ukblueky wrote:
If we exchange a Time Bubble card does that count as a card use? If we have two card plays left and do the card exchange does that mean we only have one card play left?
Also if we exchange a Multiverse card for an alternate U character does this mean we gain an additional fighter to our roster while keeping all our remaining fighters?

Good questions

ukblueky wrote:

Yes, using a Time Bubble Card counts as a card use (so does using a Multiverse Card). That's why you need to have enough card uses left to cover the number of cards you plan to use (I've edited the original post to try to clarify this).

ukblueky wrote:

No, the number of characters on your roster will not change. If you use a Multiverse Card it allows you to replace an existing character from your roster with a character from an alternate universe. You still need to name the character you're replacing.

The differences between using a Multiverse Card here vs, when submitting for a fight are:

- Using the Multi-verse Card in the trading window allows you to exchange a character from your roster with any character from an alternate universe, provided that character
a) Is at or under the Thor / Wonder Woman cap
b) Was alive at the time of their last appearance
The Multiverse character does not need to be an alternate version of the character they are replacing (or any other character on your roster). This character permananently replaces the character you name in the exchange.

- Using the Multiverse Card when you submit for a fight allows you to use an alternate universe version of a character on your roster. The cap does not apply when the card is used in this manner, however the exchange is only good for the duration of the fight in which the card was used. Also, your use of the card can be overridden if your opponent plays the "Sorry About That" Card with their submission.

Hopefully this makes sense

The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:53:17 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Great idea! Waiting Whistle

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:06:17 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Can I trade Super Skrull for the Beyonder? Big Grin

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:43:43 PM

The_Ghost wrote:
Can I trade Super Skrull for the Beyonder? Big Grin

Think Ummmm.....NO!!Shame on You

LadyJay
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 8:07:28 PM

It seems I'm still not being clear enoough on how cards work for this.

This is a Trade situation, with another manager or for an undrafted character, it's not an opprotunity to expand your roster.

You can make a deal with another manager to swap one of your fighters for one of his, or you can release one of the characters on your current roster and pick up an undrafted character who falls under the Thor / Wonder Woman cap.

If you choose to pick up an undrafted character, you can

1) Pick up a character who is alive in current Earth 616 or DCnU New Earth continuity.

2) Use a Time Bubble Card, Multiverse Card, or both to pick up a character from a character who does not currently exist in current continuity (deceased, lives in the future, lives in an alternate universe). If you choose this option, you must have the card(s) you play available in your hand and enough card usages left to cover it.

In either case, you MUST release one of the fighters on your current roster to make room for the character you are recruiting. In other words, if you have 2 fighters left on your roster, you cannot use a card to expand your roster to 3 fighters.

ukblueky
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:30:42 AM

Groups: Member

I am trading in my multiverse card for Storm:Goddes of Thunder from Earth 1027.She will be replacing 616 Storm on my roster.

b0bafett
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:16:43 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Will trade in shaw for Wonder girl Cassandra Sandsmark
LadyJay
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:23:33 PM

Rosters will be updated to show these updates when I post the stats for the current fight.

LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:15:39 PM

The trading window is closed