Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins in the Mountains of Peru? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch) 4 36%
Impossible Man 7 63%

SHS 1, Fight 28 - Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch) Vs. Impossible Man in Machu Picchu Options
LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 8:56:33 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 28
(Round 10, Fight 1)

Greeting CCLers. SuperHero Showdown 1 stays in Peru for the Round 10 opener, thanks to Comic Clint's selection of the Machu Picchu environment.

Ukblueky finishes out his current rotation through his roster, sending Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch) to the Incan City for Fight 28.

On the other side of the City, Comic Clint's last fighter, Impossible Man, enters the arena for Clint's Cavalry.

And they're off...

(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)

Visiting Team: ??
Manager: Ukblueky (5–0-1–0–2 )
Fighter: Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch)

VS.

Home Team: Clint's Cavalry
Manager: Comic Clint (1–1-0–0–5)
Fighter: Impossible Man

Environment: Machu Picchu

You and your opponent are deposited among the ruins and excavations of Machu Picchu in Peru. Fighters arrive at opposited ends of the environment. Anything within the white area in the map above is in play; anything in the tan and green areas is out of bounds(If you need clarification, please ask).

-----------------------------------------------

* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.

* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

As a reminder, here are the voting rules:

* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.

* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.

SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 10:59:11 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

uk's characters have won several fights that I, personally, felt, they had no business winning.

But, this one really takes the cake.

If impy doesnt win this one...well....I have to concede that I just can't figure this stuff out.

I mean, we have hellfire and some limited superstrength and durabilities versus a character whose powers include, well, pretty much any power he can think to imitate.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:01:15 PM

Plus, I am pretty sure Ghost Rider is only really effective against those who feel guilt.

Well, you could comeup with an argument for almost any character feeling guilty of something....except Impossible Man. He feels absoluely no guilt about anything. The penance stare or whatever would be usless.
comic clint
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 1:25:18 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

word my friend------
also think about this----- Impy can fly turn into anything he wants including but not limited to a cyclone, tractor. car crusher, bazooka that fires actual missiles, missile launcher, trampoline, kitty cat, The thing, Superman, Godzilla, Buildings, Ghost Rider himself, bear, bear trap, honey, BIG A$$ BEE, King Kong, Mr. Fantastic, Pencil, pen, pencil sharpener, Bone Crusher, Meat grinder, Meat, Fire Hose, Fire Truck, comic book featuring IMPOSSIBLE MAN, geek kid reading said book, hot air balloon, skill saw, jig saw, sawzall, copic marker, wd 40 and lighter, barrel of acid containing ACTUAL ACID to disolve GR's Bones------ AND HE CAN BE ALLLLLLL THESE THINGS AT THE SAME FUC%ING TIME!!!!!

+1000000000000000 IMPY

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
icarus201
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 6:53:12 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

I needn't add how much I hate this bogus Ghost Rider. Devil Devil

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 1:48:47 PM

I love the images that were chosen by ladyjay for these two characters.

The Ghost Rider image just exudes power and the Impossible Man image just exudes......impossiblemanedness.
ukblueky
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 5:55:59 PM

Groups: Member

comicuniversity wrote:
uk's characters have won several fights that I, personally, felt, they had no business winning.

But, this one really takes the cake.

If impy doesnt win this one...well....I have to concede that I just can't figure this stuff out.

I mean, we have hellfire and some limited superstrength and durabilities versus a character whose powers include, well, pretty much any power he can think to imitate.

Wow tell us how you really feel.I'm sure every manager that has lost a fight has felt their guy deserved to win more than the other guy but this is second or third time you have referenced me personally.Frankly I dont feel I could get a vote from you if my life depended on it.I dont feel like I've won a fight that I didnt deserve.In a previous COC tournament I even voted against my own character cause I knew there was no way they should win the match.So I feel I am way more than fair and honest in this tournament.

Do you really wanna know how I see this match up going down in a comic.
Ghost Rider wouldnt fight Impy cause Impys not a killer or in some rampage hurting innocents.He would just stare at him.Impy gets bored really easy.So Impy simply wanders away to find something to attract his short attention span.Match goes to Ghost Rider for Imply leaving the field.

ukblueky
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 5:58:48 PM

I dont see any way of coming back from a 7 to 3 deficit.But thats okay I'm not sore about a pretend game thats just about having fun.

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 9:39:01 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

ukblueky wrote:
I dont see any way of coming back from a 7 to 3 deficit.But thats okay I'm not sore about a pretend game thats just about having fun.

Of course you're not sore, you're in the lead, lol.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ukblueky
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 10:03:57 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
ukblueky wrote:

Of course you're not sore, you're in the lead, lol.

Laughing
Even if I wasnt it wouldnt matter to me.I've yet to win one of these tournaments and I'm pretty sure I wont win this one either.

comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 8:49:26 AM

ukblueky wrote:

LOL.

Are you sure you're not sore. Sure took some offense to me taking a contrarian view of some of your matches.

Please don't take offense. I'm just getting into the game. There is no vendetta, I assure you.

And, just between you and me,(and everbody else reading this) I HAVE voted for your characters a coupla times. But, admittedly, i was not a fan of your draft, with the exception of John Stewart. I would wager you and I have a different comicy perspective.....which is ok.

You're alright by me UK!
ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:13:16 AM

Impossible man can turn himself into anything he wants. He could turn even into Ghost Rider if he wanted to.

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.