Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Who Wins in the World's Longest Cave System? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) 7 58%
Impossible Man 5 41%

SHS 1, Fight 33 - Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) Vs Impossible Man in Mammoth Cave Options
LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:37:52 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

SuperHero Showdown 1 – Fight 33
(Round 12, Fight 1)

Hello everyone and welcome to the opening bout in SHS 1 Round 12. After tonight, we'll be down to our final 3 managers. Will Clint or b0ba be the one who reaches the semi-finals? The decision is in the hands of the voters

Comic Clint uses his choice of the environment to return us to Mamoth Cave. Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark) enters the cave to represent b0bafett. Facing her is Imposssible Man, Comic Clint's final fighter.

It's time to start the clock running for Fight 33...

(click on the images to navigate to the bio links)

Visiting Team: ????
Manager: b0bafett (3–0–1–2–3)
Fighter: Wonder Girl (Cassandra Sandsmark)

VS.

Home Team: Clint's Cavalry
Manager: Comic Clint (2–2-0–0–5)
Fighter: Impossible Man

Environment: Mammoth Cave

You and your opponent are deposited at opposite ends of the Cave system. Cave operating hours are 8:30a.m. – 5:15p.m. Central time. The environment is confined to the interior of the Cave system.

-----------------------------------------------

* The winner merely has to subdue his/her opponent. It is not a fight to the death. Wrapping somebody up, possessing them, kill your opponent, knock them out, render them incapable of fighting anymore and so on all count as victory. All a character has to do is prevent their opponent from being able to continue the fight. A fighter forced out of the environment is not considered subdued. However a fighter who himself teleports away from a fight or flees in any manner is considered defeated.

* Where do fights begin?
a.) fighters begin the battle entering at opposite ends of the environment. (In a confined environment with only one entrance it will be assumed that they are transported to opposite ends of the area)
b. fights last for 24 hours
c.) fighters are fully aware that they are involved in a fight with their opponent.
d.) fighters then seek each other out. In a cell that is not so much a problem. In an open area it becomes a bit more difficult.
* The power(s) that a character takes into a fight are their current powers unless stated otherwise in the fight listings.

As a reminder, here are the voting rules:

* Anybody can vote (competitors, spectators, etc.)
* CCL'ers are permitted to vote once per fight (including team managers.) If you have multiple CCL accounts, you may only vote from one of those accounts. To ensure fairness, multiple CCL users that live under the same roof should designate one person as the voter. This eliminates the possibility of "block" voting. (Ask us for clarification, if this is unclear to you.)
* Please consider all logical factors when voting (environment, rationales, current power levels.)
* Feel free to comment on why you voted the way you did, or why you disagree/agree with somebody else’s rationale.
* It is a good rule of thumb to hear from both managers before voting. All votes are final, even if you accidentally push the wrong button!
* While we invite and encourage all CCL members to participate in the tournament, we do ask that new members refrain from voting the first day they sign up for CCL. The intent of this rule is to discourage people from turning the game into a popularity contest by signing up just to vote in a friend’s fight.

* The SuperHero Showdown Forum is a sub-section of the Comic Collector Live Forums and as such is subject to the forum rules and terms of service. Violations of the voting rules, particularly those relating to fairness and good sportsmanship are subject to disciplinary action in the same manner as violations of any other forum rules. These actions can range from warnings up to and including suspension from the forums. Actions taken in response to violations will be determined on a case by case basis after an evaluation of the circumstances and the severity of the violation.

SuperHero Showdown 1 is sponsored by Alpha Comics and Comic Collector Live

LadyJay
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:45:31 PM

For anyone who may be interested...The Fight 35 environment (1st Semi-Final) has been posted in the Environment Thread

b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:15:02 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Ok everyone knows that impossible man's personality is one of a school boy who will go out of his way to prank other people and make them look stupid.

So on that note he would never try to subdue Power Girl since he would be having to much fun trying to pull pranks.

On the other hand he has no clue power girl has speed to her so since she has limited flying room she will just use her speed to find him. She could steal his speed. She could punch him 1000 times before he knew what happen.She could toss him into the water then hit the water with her lasso to electrocute him since her lasso does emit Lightning

The big advantage in this fight is Power Girl is here to subdue someone where impossible man is here to play games.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:33:55 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

boba, I'm sorry (and you know I'm pulling for you). I hate Cassie, and just think she is a lightweight. I have voted against her (i think) in ever fight she's been in.

This is no different.

Wonder Woman light versus Impossible Man?

Imposible man (and my forme partner Clint) +1

wonder Girl just has no chance against the power of impy.
comicuniversity
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:34:58 PM

Now, at my age, I don;t drink much anymore. But I went out tonight and had three too many. maybe I drank too much. Maybe i votd too soon. Gimme a tylenol and shut up.
comic clint
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:35:45 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Ok everyone knows that impossible man's personality is one of a school boy who will go out of his way to prank other people and make them look stupid.

So on that note he would never try to subdue Power Girl since he would be having to much fun trying to pull pranks.

On the other hand he has no clue power girl has speed to her so since she has limited flying room she will just use her speed to find him. She could steal his speed. She could punch him 1000 times before he knew what happen.She could toss him into the water then hit the water with her lasso to electrocute him since her lasso does emit Lightning

The big advantage in this fight is Power Girl is here to subdue someone where impossible man is here to play games.
also everyone knows that Impys favorite thing to do is duplicate---- Impy turns into a million spiders and scare the panties of Cassie and she passes out from fear---- we are in a cave so we also know that she has nowhere to fly---- impy on the other hand can replicate to so many of these little spiders that Cassie has nowhere to go ---- Impy definitely has the underhand in this close quarters situation

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 6:28:07 AM

Quote:
boba, I'm sorry (and you know I'm pulling for you). I hate Cassie, and just think she is a lightweight. I have voted against her (i think) in ever fight she's been in.

Hmm nothing new. (why does this sound like a broken record o that's right your doing this to someone else in this contest)

As for Wonder Girl being a lightweight you know just as much as everyone else your wrong. She has the same strength as wonder woman. If you look at Imposible man 616 wiki he is only as strong as the item he turns into.

Also like I said he has never fought her or a speedster before so whats he going to do when he has his speed stolen.
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 6:36:06 AM

Quote:
also everyone knows that Impys favorite thing to do is duplicate---- Impy turns into a million spiders and scare the panties of Cassie and she passes out from fear---- we are in a cave so we also know that she has nowhere to fly---- impy on the other hand can replicate to so many of these little spiders that Cassie has nowhere to go ---- Impy definitely has the underhand in this close quarters situation

Nope sorry everyone knows Impys favorite thing to do is go out of his way to prank other people and make them look stupid. Remember impossible man's personality is one of a school boy.

Also you make this one to easy. Lets see how strong are little spiders not that strong, they also can't float on water so there is noway no matter how many spiders he turns into going to stop Cassie. Cassie has the strength to bring the cave down onto Impy.

Also like I said he knows nothing about Cassie so what keep her from stealing his speed? Also remember her lasso emits lighting so it would be to easy to shock him.

This fight is not as easy as your making it out to be.

comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 9:21:28 AM

b0bafett wrote:
Quote:

Hmm nothing new. (why does this sound like a broken record o that's right your doing this to someone else in this contest)
As for Wonder Girl being a lightweight you know just as much as everyone else your wrong. She has the same strength as wonder woman. If you look at Imposible man 616 wiki he is only as strong as the item he turns into.

Also like I said he has never fought her or a speedster before so whats he going to do when he has his speed stolen.

Exactly what am I doing? Seriously. When did it become offensive to voice completely inoffensive comments about characters in this games?

And.....if you really want to make an argument out of it. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS WRONG. And YOU know it.

Cassie ISN'T as strong as Wonder Woman.
She has NEVER shown the ability to steal speed.

Just because you say it, don't make it true.

icarus201
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 10:12:14 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

All I'm saying is, Impy has killed/caused the death of Galactus. What has Wonder Girl - and especially this version, ever done?

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:22:28 AM

First she is wonder womans sister in if you read any wiki she is as strong as wonder woman. She has gone toe to toe with super boy. Shes also keep up with kid flash where impy cant. So since she can move that fast she will run circles around him. As for my reply to your post you stated you voted impy because you didnt like cassie n clint is ur boy. So if i win i will alwasys be down one vote because you dont like her n if clint wins eho ever he faces they will be down a vote. My point is i vote off what people post not because i like so n so or dislike someones fighter
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:24:41 AM

Give me time to get home instead of useing this crappy phone n ill show how impy had help doing that n not doing it himself icarus
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:38:13 AM

b0bafett wrote:
First she is wonder womans sister in if you read any wiki she is as strong as wonder woman. She has gone toe to toe with super boy. Shes also keep up with kid flash where impy cant. So since she can move that fast she will run circles around him. As for my reply to your post you stated you voted impy because you didnt like cassie n clint is ur boy. So if i win i will alwasys be down one vote because you dont like her n if clint wins eho ever he faces they will be down a vote. My point is i vote off what people post not because i like so n so or dislike someones fighter

Wow. You just said some crap that isn't true.

Re-read my post, then decide if I said I voted for Impossible Manbecause "clint is my boy".

Truth is, I believe that Wonder Girl is a lightweight compared to the other characters in this competition.

I think Impossible Man would treat her like a kitten treats a chew toy, before simply discarding her. No muss. no fuss. She has no powers that could even cause him to break a sweat, while he has all kinds of powers that make her look like a joke. As did every other character she has gone up against...IMO.

Not a personal crusade against YOU. My informed comic opinion is that Cassie gets her mother lovin' ass kicked in this fight.
The_Ghost
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:58:57 AM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Hmm. Impy killed Galactus but can still be crushed by Volstagg's giant butt?

Guess its up for the voters to decide if killing Galactus is easier to believe than Volstagg crushing Impy thereby subduing him. Yeah, I know that Volstagg isn't fighting here but that pic kinda proves that Impy can easily be taken out.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comicuniversity
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 2:23:01 PM

lol, boba. You should have thanked me for arguing against your character. I have become the absolute kiss of death.
BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 7:15:59 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

The_Ghost wrote:
Hmm. Impy killed Galactus but can still be crushed by Volstagg's giant butt?

Guess its up for the voters to decide if killing Galactus is easier to believe than Volstagg crushing Impy thereby subduing him. Yeah, I know that Volstagg isn't fighting here but that pic kinda proves that Impy can easily be taken out.

That's just terrible writing. Volstagg's greatest power is that he's very large. Impossible Man can do like anything. I don't buy that Volstagg can beat Impossible Man. Thor, sure. But Volstagg, come on!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comic clint
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 10:24:19 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I had a long day ---- oh well good job and great fights people I enjoyed myself this time around

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
The_Ghost
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2012 10:37:05 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

comic clint wrote:
I had a long day ---- oh well good job and great fights people I enjoyed myself this time around

Applause You had some great matches, Clint. I hope you manage a team in the next one. Applause

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
LadyJay
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:29:00 AM

With the win, b0bafett moves on to the semi-finals. Congratulations b0baApplause Applause

b0bafett will fight on Monday night.

The loss eliminates Clint from the tournament

I'm sorry to see you go Clint, thanks for playing. I look forward to watching you manage again in a future tournament.

b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2012 9:28:07 AM

Drake I do want to say I'm sorry. I did misread your post. I guess I need to stop speed reading from my phone. This is twice I've screwed up useing my phone in this game. Mam O man do I fell like a donkey's rear end