Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
The Walking Dead ***Official*** Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:41:02 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

As soon as the hooded figure with the sword showed up, I shouted "MICHONNE!" My wife replied "Who?!?"

For people like my wife who love the show, but can't stomach the thought of reading 90+ issues of the comic, I think the introductions they've done have worked well. I'm SO glad they didn't kill Hershel. He acts like a father figure to Rick now.

I thought the season finale was incredible. My only regret is that some of the other episodes weren't as strong as the finale...which made the season as a whole (especially the first half) a little underwhelming when waiting a week between episodes. We would talk about what happened in tonight's episode and it would be "Well, they lowered Glenn into a well and then he went into town for a pregnancy test." So there were lots of snoozer moments in the first half of the season. But there were also some AWESOME ones in the latter half. I'm excited to get SEASON 2 on DVD when it comes out and marathon them to see how they work together back to back.

wickedcomics
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:59:20 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I think the reason their were a few snoozer moments as you point out earlier this season... were due to the fact they were trying to develop the characters... and make you like them..... From what Robert Kirkman said... the pace in the last 3 episodes is what we should expect for season 3... I was actually thinking of taking a road trip down to GA... when they start filming the 3rd season... not that far of a drive and it be so worth it to hang out with some of the actors Big Grin

crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:15:34 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

The main difference from the first half and the second half of the season is that Frank Darabont was let go. He wrote season one and the first six episodes of season two. It was much faster paced once they moved away from his writing.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Astro City, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Grimm, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Inhuman, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Quantum & Woody, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Secret Origins, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Velvet, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Forever Evil, Origin II, Original Sin, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:00:01 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Dang was that a great season finale! Absolutely fantastic. It felt like a great zombie movie (except only 1 hour long). Lot's of action and gore, something that this show has been missing (not that it isn't good, it is).

There were a couple of scenes inspired by Day of the Dead (the 80s classic, not the terrible 2000s zombie movie of the same name (but not same story)) that I caught. The part where the zombies are in the city eating, and stumbling around, then the helicopter passes by and it sort of "wakes" them and they start going towards it; that was pretty close to the opening scene of Day of the Dead. Also the part where the zombie horde busts the fence down is just like in Day of the Dead, but it was a chain-link fence in Day of the Dead.

My only comlpaint of this action-filled episode was that they didn't give us a preview of next season at the end of the episode. What a rip-off!

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:34:53 AM

Groups: Member

So, whats everyone thinking of Season 3 so far?

ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:09:34 PM

ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
So, whats everyone thinking of Season 3 so far?

So far I think its the best season.Very intense and fast paced.

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:30:02 PM

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Last week's episode...wow. Can't believe what Rick and his crew did to that crazy mountain guy. There's no more excuses or justifications, they've crossed the line and are bad people. That guy didn't do anything wrong or threaten them and they invaded his house.

4saken1
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:39:59 PM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
SPOILERS BELOW!!!

IDK if I agree with your assessment of the situation.
1) They didn't know the shack was occupied when they entered. 2) The man was a threat to their safety. I'm sure they would have left peaceably given the chance, but circumstances prohibited it at that moment. The guy was obviously mentally ill and they did what they had to do to survive.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:27:29 PM

4saken1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
SPOILERS BELOW!!!

1) They didn't know the shack was occupied when they entered. 2) The man was a threat to their safety. I'm sure they would have left peaceably given the chance, but circumstances prohibited it at that moment. The guy was obviously mentally ill and they did what they had to do to survive.

They could have knocked him out, gagged him, something other than sacrifice the poor guy to zombies like they did. The whole thing seemed to come off as cold and callous to me.

ShenValleyInitiative
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:36:49 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
4saken1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
SPOILERS BELOW!!!

They could have knocked him out, gagged him, something other than sacrifice the poor guy to zombies like they did. The whole thing seemed to come off as cold and callous to me.

They done what they had to do, HE pulled the shotgun on them, they tried to reason with him despite that. HE escalated it. HE also was going to let the zombies in, the guy was a whack-job. He's lucky he wasn't thrown to the zombies alive. At least by being dead he didn't know he was a decoy, that was more mercy than he deserved for endangering them all.

Only the strong survive, the guy was mentally weak.

MEGA Spoilers for this Sunday's mid season finale

Tyreese is set to debut. MAJOR Character, can't wait!

4saken1
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2012 12:11:04 AM

Shop at My Store

BurningDoom wrote:
4saken1 wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Sure! I can see that......it was the spur of the moment, though, and they were freaked out!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

yourplace2
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:50:59 PM

Shop at My Store

I'm totally upset with this 2 month break between episodes!

Shame on You Waiting Not Talking Angry

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:55:36 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

yourplace2 wrote:
I'm totally upset with this 2 month break between episodes!

Shame on You Waiting Not Talking Angry

Now you know how it feels when Dr. Who take a mid season break every year Crying

Mad Bloggings

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 4:30:34 PM