Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Manga update????? Options
NC_ALCHEMIST
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:55:29 AM
Groups: Member

One reason I bought this software was because I could put my manga and comics in the same place. But I've noticed that y'all never update the manga info. Just wondering what's up with that
Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:23:45 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

If something needs updated, feel free to add it/update it within the database. That's the beauty of CCL ... the database is more-or-less run by the members.

There don't seem to be many people on CCL who are interested in Manga. This could be an area where you could really help .
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:01:48 AM

Indeed - "y'all" includes you my friend.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Dementia5
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:44:06 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Tamwood wrote:
If something needs updated, feel free to add it/update it within the database. That's the beauty of CCL ... the database is more-or-less run by the members.

There don't seem to be many people on CCL who are interested in Manga. This could be an area where you could really help .

I do not this is true. I do think, however, that the volume of work required (entering data) is intimidating for many.

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:01:02 PM

Dementia5 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

I do not this is true. I do think, however, that the volume of work required (entering data) is intimidating for many.

Which part don't you think is true? That the database content is input by site members? That there aren't many Manga-loving members? Or that his input would be a big help?

I don't think that the data entry is that intimidating. I think most people (and I'm certainly not saying this about the OP, because I don't know him) are just lazy, and would rather someone else take care of it for them.
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:01:32 PM

I don't think that manga fans are a major percentage of the user base here, but I know there are certainly some regulars that are into it.
As for the data input, I was certainly intimidated when I submitted my first CR and there was a bit of a learning curve - but the system has changed greatly since then and it's much easier to add to the database now.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Dementia5
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:26:58 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Tamwood wrote:
Dementia5 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

Which part don't you think is true? That the database content is input by site members? That there aren't many Manga-loving members? Or that his input would be a big help?

I don't think that the data entry is that intimidating. I think most people (and I'm certainly not saying this about the OP, because I don't know him) are just lazy, and would rather someone else take care of it for them.

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:34:49 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Quote:

Its not that people are lazy it has to do with alot of other things that I'm not going to get into because I don't want this turning into a flame war.
NC_ALCHEMIST
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:58:33 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the input ... I don't mind adding stuff myself ... But It will for sure be alot of work.
Tamwood
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:30:59 AM

NC_ALCHEMIST wrote:
Thanks for the input ... I don't mind adding stuff myself ... But It will for sure be alot of work.

It could be a lot of work, but if you're really into Manga, then you'd be an excellent resource for the database. About the only "manga" i know about is Gunsmith Cats and Oh My Goddess, and even then, I haven't touched any of it in 20 years.
Xylob
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:10:04 AM

Tamwood wrote:
NC_ALCHEMIST wrote:

It could be a lot of work, but if you're really into Manga, then you'd be an excellent resource for the database...
Sure 'nuff - we've been looking for a manga expert for quite some time. Thought we had one for a second, but then he left.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted: