Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
All-New X-Men #1 Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:26:11 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

So, what did everyone think?

I'm not a big X-Men fan, yet I still really enjoyed this issue. I'm on board for this series. I love that it's asking the questions that many longtime X-Men fans are probably asking. Especially the question, "What the hell has happened to the X-Men? Do they even stand for what they set out to do anymore?"

The one thing that really bothered me though, is that modern-day Beast decides to travel back in time to meet with the original X-Men team; and he just does it. There's no effort or even an explanation scientific or otherwise as to how he accomplished this. That part seemed like some lazy writing to me.

Regardless, the story itself was still good and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:03:30 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I'm curious to see what young Jean Grey will think about not finding herself alive in the future. And young Scott Summers finds out he's with Emma Frost.
Also curious. What part of continuity is the "First Class" taken away from? I'm assuming it's not that early in the team's history.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

junkmonkey
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:35:06 AM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

kidlippy wrote:
I'm curious to see what young Jean Grey will think about not finding herself alive in the future. And young Scott Summers finds out he's with Emma Frost.
Also curious. What part of continuity is the "First Class" taken away from? I'm assuming it's not that early in the team's history.

Issue #8 from the original series. The Marvel AR thing from that page shows the original scene. From what I've seen, the AR app is pretty cool.

BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:09:05 PM

kidlippy wrote:

I don't think they even know who Emma Frost is yet at that point in their history. Wasn't her first appearance after the new team came around?

Shogun684
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 12:02:07 PM

Groups: Member

I really enjoyed issue 1 I can't wait to read issue 2.
fenix1977
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 4:34:50 PM

Skipping this one.

Mad Bloggings

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 7:06:50 PM

fenix1977 wrote:
Skipping this one.

Any reason? It's good, and I'm not even an X-Men fan.

kidlippy
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 10:56:18 PM

junkmonkey wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

Issue #8 from the original series. The Marvel AR thing from that page shows the original scene. From what I've seen, the AR app is pretty cool.

Thanks. Big Grin I found a photo on facebook that had the 2 pics of McCoy and Bobby talking to Scott from X-Men #8 and All New X-Men #1.

kidlippy
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 10:58:30 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
kidlippy wrote:

I don't think they even know who Emma Frost is yet at that point in their history. Wasn't her first appearance after the new team came around?

Yeah, Emma Frost first appearance was in 1980. That's why I was curious to what the continuity was until junkmonkey posted.

louisvuitton
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:45:34 PM

It is wonderful
vinceclortho
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:48:25 PM

Really cool story so far. Haven't read issue #3 yet, but Bendis is laying groundwork for a convoluted, but good story. Lot of history to be acquainted with, but Bendis said in an interview that he's aware of the X-Men's 50th anniversary coming in 2013 and wanted to make a point of it between this series and the new Uncanny series.

I think the great dichotomy between the past and present characters sets up some great stories if Bendis can avoid his stereotypical talking head panels. Immonen's art is fantastic.

The connection to the original series #8 is cool. I've been trying to use the AR feature, but if I'm reading from a computer or iPad it's not possible - technology getting in the way of itself. Wall

If your new to the Marvel War of Heroes app enter referral code muv861982 for a cool in-game card and reward.

Check out my Sporcle quiz! X-Men Past and Present

SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:41:08 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I've never been a fan of Bendis' writing. His ticks and tricks and everyone talking like Spider-Man actually aggravate me when I read his stuff. But that's been few and far between based on what he's written to date. But, I'm a huge X-Men fan, so I have to suck it up and check these out.

I absolutely hated All New #1. Not only for the annoying writing ticks and the issue long recap of Avengers vs X-Men, but mostly for what (to me) shows Bendis just puts any dialogue in any character's mouth when he has Beast say, "Dear God, please please let me do something worth something before I go." That's either gross laziness or gross unfamiliarity with the character.

That said, with #2, if it weren't for the 48 three-word each word balloons per panel crowding up the page, I'd almost think this was a different writer than #1. I do like the concept. I did like the story when things finally got moving in #2. I'm still not wild about the dialogue.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
red_k_comics
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 11:22:45 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

This is definitely one of my favorite of the new Marvel Now titles. When I first heard the concept I wasn't sold on it, and issue #1 was a little slow moving, but it's definitely picked up and I can't wait to read more.

The_Ghost
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:44:30 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

BurningDoom wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
Skipping this one.

I'm not big on the X-Men either but I love this title. Love the latest ish where Logan and the young Cyclops bicker and Wolverine talks about killing young Cyke in order to bring Prof X back.

All New X-Men is a big surprise for me and a good one. Its one of very few Marvel Now titles I collect.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
kidlippy
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:35:43 PM

The_Ghost wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:
Skipping this one.

I'm not big on the X-Men either but I love this title. Love the latest ish where Logan and the young Cyclops bicker and Wolverine talks about killing young Cyke in order to bring Prof X back.

All New X-Men is a big surprise for me and a good one. Its one of very few Marvel Now titles I collect.

I agree. I'm loving this title so far. My favorite by far.