Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL's 5th Annual MARATON TOY DRIVE (November 5 - December 7) LAST DAY!!!! Options
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012 11:04:00 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hey CCL-ers! For those of you who might be coming into this late, I'd like to tell you a little about a little Christmas project that's become very near and dear to our hearts and yours.

My youngest son was born with Down's Syndrome and had open heart surgery at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital when he was just 2 weeks old. This hospital did an amazing job and to this day, I'm incredibly thankful and grateful to the Vanderbilt staff for everything they did and the care and love they showed our family.

In 2008, I found a Christmas tree at a local children's playcenter that was looking for donations for Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and to my surprise, there were no gifts under the tree. I found this unacceptable and took it upon myself to adopt the tree. I asked the CCL membership for monetary donations to purchase items they were asking for on the tree and in 4 days, we raised almost $400...and due to the tenacity and goodwill of the membership, here we are five years later and due to the request of YOU guys, we are going to do it again.

CCL's 5th ANNUAL MARATHON TOY DRIVE begins TODAY and runs through midnight DECEMBER 7th, 2012.

Here's how it works and how you can help:

A) Send a monetary donation of ANY amount (preferably $10 or more) through PAYPAL to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM. 100% of your donation will go to purchasing items directly from Vanderbilt Children's Hospital Wish List. These items will be purchased by me and delivered by me directly to the doors of Vanderbilt Children's Hospital on December 13th at 11am. Again, please note that I DO NOT KEEP ONE PENNY OF YOUR DONATED MONEY and all of your donations will go towards buying items for the hospital.

B) You can send donation items directly to our office via mail:

CCL MARATHON TOY DRIVE
c/o The Valiant One
131 Sanders Ferry Rd
Suite B
Hendersonville, TN

Please note if you go this route that your items MUST be received NO LATER than December 7th, 2012. You can review the Vanderbilt Wish List and see for yourself what they are asking for. PLEASE DO NOT SEND COMICS OR ACTION FIGURES!!! The list contains more basic needs to accomodate children in need of a potential lengthy hospital stay.

C) You can also help by simply spreading the word by posting on your Facebook page, website, podcast, blog or whatever you can do to help get the word out.

Every year, I try to push our goal a little higher than the year before...so this year, our goal is $800.

This year, we will be combining the CCL GIVEAWAY CONTEST with the MARATHON TOY DRIVE. Watch this thread for more information on the prize.

Remember...it was YOU...the membership...that asks me every year to do the contest a little earlier AND really aim high. So that's what I'm doing this year. I'm counting on YOU to really make our FIFTH year of doing this the best year yet.

If anyone has any questions/comments suggestions, please feel free to post them here OR send them directly to me directly through private message. You can also e-mail me at: steve_midten@hotmail.com.

Thanks and let the fun begin! Merry Christmas, God Bless and let's get started!!!

Applause Applause Applause Applause
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 4:26:47 PM

Shop at My Store

Already at a little over $100 in donations for the first couple days...but we can't get too excited yet...still got a ways to go to $800!

Make sure to send monetary donations via PAYPAL to: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:21:13 PM

Shop at My Store

$135 in donations! Keep them rolling in!

Applause Applause Applause

Remember, this is our 5th year of doing this. Every year you guys ask me to do this a little earlier and here we are! Send donations to CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM! Help me spread the word and let's make the best year ever!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:50:57 AM

Shop at My Store

A little over $175 now in 4 days!!!! Rocking and rolling, guys! But there's STILL work to be done in order to get to our $800 goal!

Please send donations through PAYPAL to the account we use every year for this fundraiser: CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM and thanks!

comicscastle
Posted: Friday, November 09, 2012 2:10:30 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Steve, I regret that I will not be able to help out this year as I have in the past. The double storms that have damaged my property and my mother's home has drained all my available resources and then some. I support you in spirit and will help out if possible, but don't count on it this year. I really feel terrible about this because it's such a great cause and you do a super job.---Pat

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:01:04 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Maybe we can do something to help members like Pat that was affected from the storm
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 12:37:06 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
Steve, I regret that I will not be able to help out this year as I have in the past. The double storms that have damaged my property and my mother's home has drained all my available resources and then some. I support you in spirit and will help out if possible, but don't count on it this year. I really feel terrible about this because it's such a great cause and you do a super job.---Pat

Pat, you've been such a big help to us in the past that you have totally paid your dues in this regard dude.

Anyone that can help me get the word out on the fundraiser is a BIG help as well.
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:18:06 AM

Shop at My Store

I'm holding steady at $185 of our $800 goal! Please send monetary donations on ANY amount to CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM as a gift please.

The deadline is December 7th and I really need your help to make our goal happen this year. Even if you can't give this year, at least please help spread the word.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 6:33:51 PM

Shop at My Store

We're now at $400 which means we're officially at the HALFWAY mark!

$400 more to go!

Please send your gift/donation to CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM via PAYPAL by DECEMBER 7th! It's our 5th year so let's make it our BEST!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:20:51 AM

Shop at My Store

Sitting at $430 now! Come on, CCL-ers! Help us out here!!!

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:12:00 AM

Groups: Member

I hope you hit you're goal, good luck...Don

Applause
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:37:58 AM

Shop at My Store

Hey guys - giving you a quick update - we're sitting at $680 in donations so far...and only $120 to our $800 goal!!!

The deadline is December 7th and I can't do this without your help!

Please send donations via PAYPAL to CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM!

yourplace2
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:35:04 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Just sent a 20 back to ya! Hope it helps!

Winking

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:39:15 AM

Shop at My Store

yourplace2 wrote:

Winking

SWEET! Thanks so much! That's a cool $100 now from our goal :) I can't do it without your help, folks. You asked me to start this thing earlier this year, and that's what I'm doing in order to reach my goal!

Please send ANY gift/donation and remember every penny you send is used to purchase items on Vanderbilt Children's Hospital Wish List.

Items are scheduled to be delivered on December 13th!

Applause
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:40:57 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

There ya go. Get them some super sweet stuff!

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
yourplace2
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:17:12 AM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
yourplace2 wrote:

Winking

SWEET! Thanks so much! That's a cool $100 now from our goal :) I can't do it without your help, folks. You asked me to start this thing earlier this year, and that's what I'm doing in order to reach my goal!

Please send ANY gift/donation and remember every penny you send is used to purchase items on Vanderbilt Children's Hospital Wish List.

Items are scheduled to be delivered on December 13th!

Applause

Also shared your post on my FACEBOOK page with another tidbit thrown in there, please take a note of it. :)

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:18:10 AM

Shop at My Store

SwiftMann wrote:
There ya go. Get them some super sweet stuff!

Dude, that was an extremely generous donation and you have my personal thanks.

And now I can post these words:

GOAL!!!!!!
b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 11:47:04 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 9:56:40 AM

Shop at My Store

Today is the FINAL day for donations for the CCL MARATHON TOY DRIVE..and what a drive it's been so far.

We made the $800 goal a few days back and we're sitting at a cool $840...but is it possible we could hit $900???

Help make the 5th year the BEST year! Just need another $60 and we're in a good spot to really make a sizable donation this year to Vanderbilt Hospital :)

Send PAYPAL donations to CCL4KIDS@MIDTENMEDIA.COM! Some of you have donated, many have read this post, ALL ARE WELCOME.

pottersan
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 10:46:51 AM

Shop at My Store

Put me down for $60.

I'll make the paypal donation when I get home.

Mike
Alpha Comics

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics