Welcome Guest Active Topics
30th Anniversary Options
teh_longinator
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:51:36 PM

Groups: Member

scotteaves wrote:
teh_longinator wrote:
monidaw1 wrote:
So they're trying to make it hard for us to miss the software once it's gone. Applause

Cleanup on aisle 12, problem #428

We're losing the software?

I can't seem to find a way to keep my personal collection separate from my store's but it's a pretty decent program :P

Not necessarily - CCL is looking to allow folks to have their collections available online and also provide an web based version of the software. That will allow Mac users to finally be able to maintain a collection as there is no Mac version of the software. No one (from CCL) has said the desktop software is going away. It sure could use some updates though.

Oh, okay. I got worried for a second. How else are we all supposed to upload to our stores? :P

A web-version would be nice. It's awesome that we can use the program to upload from different computers, but you need to have uploaded the backup file from the main computer before using it, or messes happen...

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
monidaw1
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:15:29 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The swinging Spidey 30th logo is appearing on lots of comics. I'm seeing it all over Marvel Comics Presents 98 to 110, sometimes on what CCL shows as the front cover, sometimes on the flip cover CCL isn't showing except in the case of the newsstands which have the bar code instead.

Now the question is what determines which cover is the front on those flipcover books? Is it the cover with the indica or just doesn't really matter which? It looks like the little square indica is the side chosen for most even if it puts the swinging spidey/ barcode on the back sometimes. I'll keep checking them as they turn up to make sure the reprint list isn't missing any.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:01:21 PM

Shop at My Store

The link with the reprint list isn't missing anything. The Spidey 30th Anniversary logo was the chosen design for all Marvel direct books for that time period.
scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:59:30 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

monidaw1 wrote:
Now the question is what determines which cover is the front on those flipcover books? Is it the cover with the indica or just doesn't really matter which? It looks like the little square indica is the side chosen for most even if it puts the swinging spidey/ barcode on the back sometimes.

Having never seen the books myself, but based on the CCL Guidelines for flip books (even though this isn't a flipbook) I'd say the side with the indicia should be the front cover.

monidaw1
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:48:31 PM

Shop at My Store

Thank you both. I never really thought of these as flip books as much as double cover books and they haven't made it to the read them stage yet (kinda stuck in X-men 1991/New X-Men/X-men Legacy right now with that darn cuckoo girls boyfriend part giving me weird dreams about CCL turning into that evil sponge from space just when you thought you loved it area in the early 100ish range) but I was noticing two storys in a lot of them with dual internal cover credits and the storys reversed in reading direction to match up with their covers like flip books. Maybe flipbook jr's. I was hoping the taller/ narrow width ones would be exclusive to those Sears reprint packs but since they aren't and I may never get the list memorized, I'll just keep checking anything with a swinging spider.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

outcast
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:57:30 PM
Groups: Member, Newsstand Edition Host

monidaw1 wrote:
The swinging Spidey 30th logo is appearing on lots of comics. I'm seeing it all over Marvel Comics Presents 98 to 110, sometimes on what CCL shows as the front cover, sometimes on the flip cover CCL isn't showing except in the case of the newsstands which have the bar code instead.

Now the question is what determines which cover is the front on those flipcover books? Is it the cover with the indica or just doesn't really matter which? It looks like the little square indica is the side chosen for most even if it puts the swinging spidey/ barcode on the back sometimes. I'll keep checking them as they turn up to make sure the reprint list isn't missing any.
I think these issues have the newsstand color patch (even on direct copies) on the top page edges. If there is a color patch on one end of the book, then I would be inclined to orient the book with the patch on top; whichever cover is then upright is the one I would deem the front cover.