Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Amazing Spider-Man 700 Leaked. Options
BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:57:35 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 12,385
Points: 59,833
Location: Redding, CA
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
this is the worst story ever. worse then turning gwen into a whore with osbourne. f!@k marvel up their stupid f!@king @sses. i'm dropping them all together. oh yeah and (banned) slott... worthless tard.


This is how I'd feel if this were going to last, but I think we all know better.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
crackerjack1
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 6:32:13 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 2,153
Points: 1,454,794
Location: Boston, MA
frozilla wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
apparently he thinks himself somewhat of a spidey expert perhaps?Think


He’s a big time Spidey fan who is entitled to his opinion.

I know this isn’t a permanent change, but I still am not 100% onboard with this yet. I am thankful for three things that this issue presented though.


So I’ll continue my Spider-Man collection & wait for the return of Spider-Man without being “That Guy” & getting bent out of shape.


I think everyone's entitled to their opinion. I expressed mine but when someone says they're 'more so than most' while expressing a different opinion, that's someone trying to insinuate their opinion is more valid that others. And I don't get where not liking something has become taboo. If you don't like something feel free to express your opinion just like those who do like it. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it either, I can dislike whats going on and be done with it without doing that.


My comment wasn't meant as a slight to anyone, it was more just to back up that I am well aware that this is a MAJOR character and who that MAJOR character is/was.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion I shared mine and was thrashed for it immediately. Apparently I can't have mine.

I disagree that the majority dislikes the story as well. From the people I've heard from it has been more down the middle, and that is an observation not an opinion.



Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
frozilla
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 8:48:35 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/30/2011
Posts: 358
Points: 1,087
crackerjack1 wrote:

My comment wasn't meant as a slight to anyone, it was more just to back up that I am well aware that this is a MAJOR character and who that MAJOR character is/was.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion I shared mine and was thrashed for it immediately. Apparently I can't have mine.

I disagree that the majority dislikes the story as well. From the people I've heard from it has been more down the middle, and that is an observation not an opinion.


Part of the rejection of this storyline is just because he is/was/? a major character, exactly. This killing of characters to drum up interest/sales is becoming realyl stale and the really good writers come up with other ways to do so, like write good stories. I'll reiterate that it's hackneyed and not executed well.

You were thrashed and the guy who did so apologized. It's more than you normally get when having discussions on the internet ;)

My observation that it's disliked more than like is from general sources, not just the comic community. The casual reader seems to be more upset about it than the 'comic guy'. I suppose its because they're not used to or jaded by the continual rehashing of death and return of characters and see it as "The End" of Parker, whos personality is the character. Heck, even Dan Slott said he was going into hiding after this came out because he knew it'd be panned. Replacing him with an Ock is like making ice cream with vodka instead of cream, it's not even close to the same thing.

Regardless, it's only a book and it's nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
teh_longinator
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 10:27:21 PM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/1/2012
Posts: 316
Points: 948
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
frozilla wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

My comment wasn't meant as a slight to anyone, it was more just to back up that I am well aware that this is a MAJOR character and who that MAJOR character is/was.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion I shared mine and was thrashed for it immediately. Apparently I can't have mine.

I disagree that the majority dislikes the story as well. From the people I've heard from it has been more down the middle, and that is an observation not an opinion.


Part of the rejection of this storyline is just because he is/was/? a major character, exactly. This killing of characters to drum up interest/sales is becoming realyl stale and the really good writers come up with other ways to do so, like write good stories. I'll reiterate that it's hackneyed and not executed well.

You were thrashed and the guy who did so apologized. It's more than you normally get when having discussions on the internet ;)

My observation that it's disliked more than like is from general sources, not just the comic community. The casual reader seems to be more upset about it than the 'comic guy'. I suppose its because they're not used to or jaded by the continual rehashing of death and return of characters and see it as "The End" of Parker, whos personality is the character. Heck, even Dan Slott said he was going into hiding after this came out because he knew it'd be panned. Replacing him with an Ock is like making ice cream with vodka instead of cream, it's not even close to the same thing.

Regardless, it's only a book and it's nothing to get bent out of shape over.


That being said... Sometimes you're in the mood for vodka!

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
frozilla
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:46:03 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member

Joined: 11/30/2011
Posts: 358
Points: 1,087
teh_longinator wrote:

That being said... Sometimes you're in the mood for vodka!


rofl! touche!

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.124 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231