Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Personal title changing. Options
Philli
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:43:09 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

So I havnt been on in quite a while. It's been almost two years since my last subscription. Well my computer crashed and I lost my data file including back-up files so I'm manually recataloging my collection.

A few things have changed in the library for the good and some for the bad in my opinion. I'm glad (vol.) is gone a year has taken it's place on most of the major titles. But it seems like the following the indicia rule is not as strong as it used to be. I can't even find the Marvel "America Supports You" issues. Not by the cover title, not by the indicia and not by anything even close to what the book could be interpreted as.

I'd really like to be able to retitle some of these series' in my personal collection. Not to the DB, just what's on my personal catalog. Something that my DB would show but would still be linked to the mother DB. "Free Comic Book Day 2007 (Spider-Man)" is not how I will be filing it in my collection so it would be nice if I could retitle it in my personal software.

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:38:34 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Are these the Marvel "America Supports You" issues you're looking for? http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/CoverTitle_Grid.aspx?id=77b217e2-3d5c-46f4-96f9-48a0109bbc3f

I don't have any so I can't speak to why that is the title, but I'm sure someone else can help out with that info.

Philli
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:07:13 PM

Thank you, that helps me a little bit. My biggest issue is the indicia thing. It would be nice to be able to retitle it though. I never would have looked for that. I understand there are guide lines but some of the guidelines take things too far. Like the "Stan Lee Meets" issues. Every comic shop I've stepped into has them under one header board. I did the same in my personal collection. It'd be nice to change that in the software for easier reference.

comicscastle
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2013 12:41:29 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Philli wrote:
Thank you, that helps me a little bit. My biggest issue is the indicia thing. It would be nice to be able to retitle it though. I never would have looked for that. I understand there are guide lines but some of the guidelines take things too far. Like the "Stan Lee Meets" issues. Every comic shop I've stepped into has them under one header board. I did the same in my personal collection. It'd be nice to change that in the software for easier reference.
Hey Mike, if you can send me scans of the indicia and I'll see about changing the title. If you have more than one issue check the indicia in all of them.---Pat

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

scotteaves
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2013 6:39:28 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Philli wrote:

I understand what you're asking for with the software but that's not a current capability and there has not been any announced update to the software so I don't know if/when this could happen. I've never seen this request before, but maybe Jim has a better idea as far as timelines and feature requests.

I'm a bit confused though. In your first post you say "But it seems like the following the indicia rule is not as strong as it used to be." and in your second post you say "My biggest issue is the indicia thing. ... I understand there are guide lines but some of the guidelines take things too far." So, which is it? In one you're saying that we're not going by indicia and the other you're saying we're doing it too much. Can't have it both ways!

Philli
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2013 9:46:52 PM

In my first post I was saying that it's actually nice that the indicia rule wasnt being taken so strongly anymore. In my second post it was more a comment on how used to following the indicia rule I was. In the end I guess I'm just trying to throw out a potential feature. I understand things like that take time and may sit on a back burner or may never see the light of day. Just thought I'd put it out there as a potential idea to maybe make things more user friendly. May not be for everyone but others may see it useful.

dunleavy75
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:28:27 PM

Groups: Member

Call Me Wave

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse