Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Harbinger (2012) Options
wpmcclure
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:30:22 PM

Groups: Member

I've been enjoying the new Valiant line since it launched earlier this year Daydreaming. I'm currently reading X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Bloodshot, Harbinger, and Shadowman. I hope others out there share my enthusiasm for each of the storylines and wanted to chat about events that are currently taking place in the Valiant Universe, starting with X-O Manowar.

Oh...and for readers that hate spoilers, I hope others including myself include them in here, so readers proceed with a bit of caution.Big Grin

So Harbinger is a bit of an oddity since from what I've read from here and on other sites, you either love it or hate it. It definitely is a different read and yes our main character Peter Stanchek is a whiny little (banned) Crying but hey, all good stories have to start somewhere and if you are into anime then you are all aware that a lot of anime have just that, a little whiny (banned) Crying that needs to get his crap together and save the world. This isn’t any different and I think this book is setting itself up to be one of the greats Sleepy, no seriously, one of the greats! Laughing ...whatever...

We initially open up to Harada Toyo, the main guy, the Harbinger with tremendous power finding The Bleeding Monk. Then we break to Peter and in the beginning Peter is a lost and someone delusional Hypnotized boy with what I’d like to call Super Saiyan 4 potential telepathic power that he just hasn’t a clue how to handle, let alone master. He’s on the run, with his only friend Joe, from an organization that is trying to control him, led by Mr. Tull. Any ways, Harada finds him Devil, they chat and convinces him to join, and after a lot of action, is at the Foundation’s headquarters where he meets others with telepathic abilities. Peter realizes he needs help and he hopes that Mr. Harada can provide that help.

However things grow darker with each day he stays at the Foundation Devil. From Harada’s failed attempts to activating others to his attitude in general of life, loss of life, and what the Foundation really is all about. Peter is slowing realizing Raised Eyebrow (and whining, whimpering, and just plain being annoying) that he doesn’t agree with Mr. Harada and the Foundation he runs. With one last attempt at reeling in Peter, Mr. Harada has Peter’s friend Joe killed, however that plan backfires. Peter decides he is out and a massive comic sized fight begins. Peter barely escapes with his life and is saved by the coolest damn floating girl I’ve ever seen (that he activated by the way), Faith Herbert Dancing. Joined with his childhood friend Kris Hathaway (well, not really friends, she hates Peter’s guts), they begin to hunt for others that will join the fight against the Foundation.

So yeah, there you go and yes I didn't go into a lot of detail so get off your butt and read the series! If you have love or hate for the happenings taking place in the storyline, please do post, if not, then it'll be just be me posting Wall, to myself Loser, for myself Loser...

IF ANYONE READ THE STORYLINE FROM THE VALIANT OF THE PAST PLEASE POST ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU RECALL ABOUT HOW THE CURRENT VALIANT STORYLINE COMPARES TO THE 90's STUFF!

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 8:58:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

wpmcclure wrote:
So Harbinger is a bit of an oddity since from what I've read from here and on other sites, you either love it or hate it.

I've seen the same. I've read a couple different reviews about people loving it that just makes me scratch my head. I don't know what they're getting out of it. Just seems like a lot of whiny drama for the sake of whiny drama. I wonder if this is what the Twilight books and movies are like? I get it every month because I get all the Valiant titles, but I definitely don't like it much.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
wpmcclure
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:44:52 PM

Groups: Member

So Harbinger has definitely picked up since the first couple of issues. Peter has used Rachel to determine what Toyo has done and now knows about the bleeding monk. There has been an expansion of characters on both sides of the fence and the flow of the story has gone real well.

With the dissappearance of the bleeding monk Toyo seems to require some type of counsel for reasons unknown to us as of yet. Amanda, Toyo's "guidance counselor" now seemed to be like Peter, "Gutter Trash" as Toyo put it. We learn Amanda was exiled by Toyo to a desert and has remained there for an unknown amount of time.

Any ways, as of issue 8, Peter's crew has grown to 4.

Peter Stancheck Group:
1. Faith - Flying
2. Kris Hathaway - The Brains
3. Charlene - Fire
4. Torque (Torquehalla) - Super Strength