Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
TMNT Train Wreck. Options
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 2:38:13 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

So Michale Bay has patched things up with Megan Fox..and made her April O'Neil in his TMNT Reboot. It seems every time more information comes out about the movie it gets worse and worse. First it was the whole "they are aliens now and not mutants" angle he was pushing. Honestly..Megan Fox is the best choice for April he could find?

Mad Bloggings

Reggie
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:30:24 AM

Groups: Member

Rolling Eyes I heard the same thing as well, but was it confirmed that she would play April O'Neil or someone else?

padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:33:36 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

Reggie wrote:
Rolling Eyes I heard the same thing as well, but was it confirmed that she would play April O'Neil or someone else?

Bay confirmed that she's going to play April. Check out CBR's article here.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:56:13 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

With the exception of Jonah Hex (which certainly wasn't her fault) megan Fox makes pretty successful movies.

Why is this a bad thing?
Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:19:08 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicuniversity wrote:
With the exception of Jonah Hex (which certainly wasn't her fault) megan Fox makes pretty successful movies.

Why is this a bad thing?

I'll actually agree with you here. I've never seen so many dudes willing to sacrifice a limb to get with an actress, and at the same time rail about how horrible she is. Although I've only seen her in two movies, I don't really see where people say she can't act. In fact, it annoys me in general when common schlubs who know nothing about acting try to criticize people who do it for a living. If she really couldn't act, she wouldn't be working in Hollywood. Period.

I think it's a mob mentality. It's just become cool to hate on Megan Fox, sadly.
Grwurz
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:19:24 AM

It will definitely get the teenage boys out to see the movies. Other than that, I will reserve my opinion until I see the movie. I WILL be seeing the movie since my son has a box full of TMNT toys, TMNT t-shirts, and the kids are even watching the new TMNT cartoon on TV as I am typing this.

Free shipping is available on ANY order $40.00 and above. No minimum books necessary. Whether it's 1 book or 100 books. If it's $40.00 or more, it ships FREE!

Also, if you buy 10 or more $1.00 books, all the $1.00 books are 25% off. Effectively making them $.75 books! I've got hundreds of them!

Come take a look!
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:43:13 AM

i hate it because their making April a a sex icon at this point. April is more like a mother figure. which is why i dislike her in the new cartoon and how don is drooling all over her. i have no issues with megan fox. shes a hottie. i wish they would 1. cancel this or 2. get rid of michael bay

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:17:05 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
i hate it because their making April a a sex icon at this point. April is more like a mother figure. which is why i dislike her in the new cartoon and how don is drooling all over her. i have no issues with megan fox. shes a hottie. i wish they would 1. cancel this or 2. get rid of michael bay

ummm.....Have you read the original TMNT run from the 80s?
freakdylan
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:49:06 PM

But Megan Fox has that whole toe thumb thing, ugh, I guess Bay figured since she is already a mutant might as well put her in movie, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 4:35:29 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

For me, it's not the casting choices that are making this movie a train wreck, or even the CGI/live action combination (though I'm not a huge fan of that). It's the way the story has been so drastically changed. The Turtles are no longer mutants, their aliens. The whole origin is different. Consequently the name of the film as been shortened to just "Ninja Turtles." That doesn't bode well for other change that may have been made along the way. Add to that the massive production shut down a few months back and the release date being pushed by six months and I get the feeling this film has issues.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:03:21 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

ummm.....Have you read the original TMNT run from the 80s?
yeah and there wasn't really anything sexy about her unless you get your rocks off to chick in coveralls.

Reggie
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:05:22 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I agree 100%. The reason I dislike Megan Fox is that I don't think she is a very talented actor. And yes, I know very little about acting. I'm not suppose to. I'm a person who pays to see these movies and it's my opinion that is most important just like everybody else who pays to see these movies. Megan Fox is great at playing a sexy icon and that's all. She has no acting skill to play versatile roles. Therefore she is a very poor choice for April.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 6:10:35 PM

padreglcc wrote:
For me, it's not the casting choices that are making this movie a train wreck, or even the CGI/live action combination (though I'm not a huge fan of that). It's the way the story has been so drastically changed. The Turtles are no longer mutants, their aliens. The whole origin is different. Consequently the name of the film as been shortened to just "Ninja Turtles." That doesn't bode well for other change that may have been made along the way. Add to that the massive production shut down a few months back and the release date being pushed by six months and I get the feeling this film has issues.
oh yeah this is going to be one horrible movie. i agree with you on that. how many explosions can you have with ninjas?

fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:44:21 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Fox was nothing but eye candy in the Transformers movies. They would have made money no matter what actress you plugged into her role. She is famous for her body and looks not for her talent. With April (unless they totally change her as well) she will have to play a character that actually has a brain. Something that she has yet to do. My complaint is that she can not be the best choice for this.

With all the negatives surrounding this film the casting of Fox does anything but calm fears that this movie is going to be lacking. It will look good but that will be about it.

If they want to calm concerns then you go with someone that is the best choice for the character. Not someone that has yet to prove she can be anything other than eye candy.

Mad Bloggings

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:17:07 PM

Reggie wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I agree 100%. The reason I dislike Megan Fox is that I don't think she is a very talented actor. And yes, I know very little about acting. I'm not suppose to. I'm a person who pays to see these movies and it's my opinion that is most important just like everybody else who pays to see these movies. Megan Fox is great at playing a sexy icon and that's all. She has no acting skill to play versatile roles. Therefore she is a very poor choice for April.
very true. But I do know she just plays the hot chicks. And she's really the only thing she's good at.

Shizz
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:31:28 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
But I do know she just plays the hot chicks. And she's really the only thing she's good at.

She's hot.... What do expect? Who would want her to play an ugly chic(though there are way hotter choices out there)?

Untill Bay says he's bringing back Vanilla Ice, I'm down.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:38:01 PM

Lmao I would love to see ice in the new flick

supernerdy
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:12:09 PM

Ugh, I havent heard about this. What a downer. I do not like Megan Fox as an actress at all.