Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
DC's 52 Reboot Options
DZyFX0
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 8:24:54 PM

Groups: Member

BurningDoom wrote:
DZyFX0 wrote:
Was I the only one hoping Zatanna would get her own series in the New 52 line?

I definitely don't mind seeing her. Winking But I haven't seen enough from her to warrant her own ongoing.

I agree but that also could have been another reason to give her a series.

Aegaleus
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:01:19 AM

Groups: Member

I'm a bit worried that there's only four threads in this forum. Do threads often get deleted, or are there simply none ever posted?
Have any characters from the Elseworlds "the kingdom" story-arc come into the new52 yet? I got attached to an old Superman who had given up. Because it addressed the biggest reason I don't like Superman, someone in his position who gives everything and doesn't get anything back at all wouldn't have any reason to continue caring for the populace. And this older version of Superman has accepted just that, and left the world to turn to chaos, which he's then convinced is his place in the world, to act as the barrier between optimal functioning and that reality. I actually have no insights as to what would be a good way to introduce characters from that world, I was just wondering if there are any, or if there're plans to do so?

"And maybe, if I fly fast enough,
I'll be able to turn around and look at the world and see where I belong"

-Carol Danvers
comicscastle
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 1:10:07 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Aegaleus wrote:
I'm a bit worried that there's only four threads in this forum. Do threads often get deleted, or are there simply none ever posted?
Have any characters from the Elseworlds "the kingdom" story-arc come into the new52 yet? I got attached to an old Superman who had given up. Because it addressed the biggest reason I don't like Superman, someone in his position who gives everything and doesn't get anything back at all wouldn't have any reason to continue caring for the populace. And this older version of Superman has accepted just that, and left the world to turn to chaos, which he's then convinced is his place in the world, to act as the barrier between optimal functioning and that reality. I actually have no insights as to what would be a good way to introduce characters from that world, I was just wondering if there are any, or if there're plans to do so?
Only 4 from the last month. Just choose a longer option.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar

padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 6:36:48 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

comicscastle wrote:
Aegaleus wrote:
Only 4 from the last month. Just choose a longer option.

What he said. In the main DC Comics forum (or any forum), below the active topics, there's a drop down box. It's automatically set for 1 month, but you can up that to 2 months, 6 months, or even All.

PS - Welcome to the boards. Nice to meet you.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 11:37:24 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

First, Welcome to the site! We love having new people show up and bring their unique perspectives to our Forums!

Second, I have learned something new today. For some reason I never paid attention to that drop down box. Tongue Now I know.

Third, I do seem to recall that some of the characters from Kingdom Come showed up in regular DC continuity before '52' (Plastic Man's son Offspring for one) but I haven't seen any of them in the new 52. Admittedly I haven't read many new DC titles.

Well, thank you for joining us - I think you will fit in well!

Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:17:53 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Third, I do seem to recall that some of the characters from Kingdom Come showed up in regular DC continuity before '52' (Plastic Man's son Offspring for one) but I haven't seen any of them in the new 52. Admittedly I haven't read many new DC titles.

I honestly don't think we've seen any established elseworlds characters show up in the New 52 at this point.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.