Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Couple of bugs in the website Options
Joe_in_MO
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 5:10:13 PM
Groups: Member

Hi, I noticed a couple of bugs I wanted to bring to the attention of the webmaster... the 'contact us' button did not allow me to enter my comments, so I'll enter them here and hopefully they will reach the right person.

1) Due to the way the sorting is done, comics are out of order. For example, I could be looking at issues 190, 195, 198, 199, and then issue number 2 will be next. There are several fixes for this problem... making everyone use a 3 or 4 digit number when assigning issue numbers (ie : issue # 2 = "002"). Or, a little software magic could fix the problem also (recognizing the issue # as an actual 'number' and not as 'text').

2) When I enter a title and there are multiple pages, lets say 20 and page 1 displays automatically. I know I want to get to page 10, but I can not jump directly to it. Even though I highlight the page number and enter the page I want to get to, it just refreshes page 1. The only way to get to page 10 is to click on the advance button and page through each individual page, one-at-a-time.

3) Also, and this is only sometimes, but when there are 20 pages of books, it is nice to have the option to advance to the next page (or any page) at the bottom of the listings. Sometimes this option is there, most of the time I have to return to the top of the page and click the next page button.

Joe
SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 9:46:10 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joe_in_MO wrote:
1) Due to the way the sorting is done, comics are out of order. For example, I could be looking at issues 190, 195, 198, 199, and then issue number 2 will be next...

2) When I enter a title and there are multiple pages, lets say 20 and page 1 displays automatically. I know I want to get to page 10, but I can not jump directly to it. Even though I highlight the page number and enter the page I want to get to, it just refreshes page 1. The only way to get to page 10 is to click on the advance button and page through each individual page, one-at-a-time.

Where are you seeing these? Never heard or seen this before.

The third isn't so much a bug as bad original programming and a nice to have.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Joe_in_MO
Posted: Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:30:54 PM

You know, I can not seem to reproduce the error I reported in item #1. I'm certain I saw it because I smiled when it displayed that way... but right now, it's sorting issues correctly. Maybe it was just a Homer Simpson "Doh" moment on my end.... Joe
freakdylan
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 7:55:14 AM

Joe_in_MO wrote:
You know, I can not seem to reproduce the error I reported in item #1. I'm certain I saw it because I smiled when it displayed that way... but right now, it's sorting issues correctly. Maybe it was just a Homer Simpson "Doh" moment on my end.... Joe

It does that in the side cart or main cart. It is one of my pet peeves when I buy huge runs. having to scroll up and down to see if I missed an issue.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SwiftMann
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 8:04:31 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
Joe_in_MO wrote:

It does that in the side cart or main cart. It is one of my pet peeves when I buy huge runs. having to scroll up and down to see if I missed an issue.

Oh. In the cart. Yeah. That's never bothered me.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5