Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
new members Options
kisstour03
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:38:47 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Hello everyone. I joined up here in December last year. And promptly forgot about it because real life grabbed hold and wouldn't let go until recently. Gosh darn adult crap. Anyway. My name is Paul and I'm 38. I got back into comics a couple of years ago after not reading or collecting since I was a kid. Now I have too many hobbies. Comic collecting, comic related toys and collectables, vintage Star Wars, skeet shooting. My wallet screams in pain daily. Looking forward to having some good times around here.
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:32:11 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

kisstour03 wrote:
Hello everyone. I joined up here in December last year. And promptly forgot about it because real life grabbed hold and wouldn't let go until recently. Gosh darn adult crap. Anyway. My name is Paul and I'm 38. I got back into comics a couple of years ago after not reading or collecting since I was a kid. Now I have too many hobbies. Comic collecting, comic related toys and collectables, vintage Star Wars, skeet shooting. My wallet screams in pain daily. Looking forward to having some good times around here.
Welcome, glad to have you here.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

dunleavy75
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:13:42 AM

Groups: Member

Welcome, Paul!

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
padreglcc
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 6:25:27 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Welcome, Paul. Glad you finally had the time to do some posting in the forums!

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:40:33 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

kisstour03 wrote:

Welcome Paul! We're a good group here, looking forward to seeing you around the forums, etc.!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

DRUMCZAR
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:41:47 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

WELCOME Paul!

There are a lot of Great Stores here on CCL to help relieve some of that Wallet Pain & Stretch those $$ out for You.

ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE!

Alan

PEACE!+

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
icarus201
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:44:07 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Yeah, welcome aboard, Paul.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
aaus
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:54:18 AM

Hi,

I’m Ali from Istanbul. I’ve been a member since about one month, and I even bought some comics from CCL. But I recenly saw this topic. So, here I am.

I basicly love all type of comic books but my favorites are Spider-Man, Batman and Transformers. I also follow a bunch of European and Turkish comicbooks. Besides, I love cinema and theatre. I am also a big fan of cycling and an enthusiastic cyclist:) I’m 30 years old, working as an engineer for living.

I think CCL is a great web site and it has an incredible database of comicbooks. It is a great opportunity to complete the missing issues for an international collector like me. Great to be here.

Cheers.

“Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.”
icarus201
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:48:45 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Welcome, Ali.

Hope you have as much fun here as I have, the last 6 years.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Spider-Man
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:10:21 AM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

Welcome Ali!!

Hope you find a lot of books you are looking for. We have a lot of great sellers here.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:40:37 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Nice to meet you, Ali! Hope you enjoy CCL as much as I have. Looking forward to seeing you around in the message boards!

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:52:14 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Hi Ali!

I'm sure you'll have a fun time here. The forums are lively and there are plenty of stores willing to ship overseas. (Mine included!)

I'm also an avid cyclist, how much do you ride? I don't ride nearly as much as I used to but I still average about 15-20 miles a week (or 24-32 kilometers). Occasionally I do some mountain biking on the trails around here but mostly I ride in the city.

Take care!
Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

kisstour03
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:39:56 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Hey Ali. And welcome. I've only been here a short time myself, and I really like it here already. See you around the boards.
aaus
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:02:31 PM

Hiagain,
Thank you all for your messages. It will be really fun to hang out here.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Hi Ali!

I'm also an avid cyclist, how much do you ride? I don't ride nearly as much as I used to but I still average about 15-20 miles a week (or 24-32 kilometers). Occasionally I do some mountain biking on the trails around here but mostly I ride in the city.

Take care!
Howie

Actually, I'm trying to train hard these days. I ride 250-300 km per week. For last three years I always started the new year with the aim of going into competitions, but I never achieved that (yet). Hope to do it this yearPray

dunleavy75
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:43:35 PM

Welcome, Ali!

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:01:41 PM

Shop at My Store

aaus wrote:
Hiagain,
Thank you all for your messages. It will be really fun to hang out here.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Hi Ali!

Take care!
Howie

Actually, I'm trying to train hard these days. I ride 250-300 km per week. For last three years I always started the new year with the aim of going into competitions, but I never achieved that (yet). Hope to do it this yearPray
It's a great place.

Please tell us about the comic scene in Turkey.

How easy is it to buy comics over there?

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
DRUMCZAR
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:50:31 PM

Shop at My Store

Ali,

WELCOME TO THE GREATEST COMIC SITE IN THE WORLD!

ADC

PEACE!+

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
aaus
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:22:48 PM

pottersan wrote:
It's a great place.

Please tell us about the comic scene in Turkey.

How easy is it to buy comics over there?

Actually comic books are very popular in Turkey. Especially European books have a lot of followers. I'm a big fan of Italian comic books as well: Books like Zagor, Tex, Dylan Dog have been translated and published in Turkish for long years. Some Francophone comics are also quite popular (eg Lucky Luke, Asterix, Tintin, Spirou...)

It is also possible to find American comics here. Most of the main titles from Marvel and DC is being translated into Turkish. The original issues could be found in comic book shops, but if you want to do it regular I think the best way is subscription.

And of course there are very good local comic book writers /artists. Not a lot, but it's good to see the number of them is increasing.

Kismayaz
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 12:05:28 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin. I have never been into comics, so I am very much a noob, but I love video games, superheroes, fantasy, sci-fi, and most other nerdy stuff Nerd I have an 8 year old son who loves to play games with me and read. I've been trying to get him into comics, and in turn, have gotten myself interested. I'm probably just going to lurk around for a while and maybe join some discussions, but I will most likely have a lot of questions such as where to start and such. Right now, I've been reading some comics online and on my smartphone. I plan on finding a local comic shop here in town one of these days. I hope to become good friends with each and every one of you. Later.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 12:23:40 AM

Hi, Kevin...welcome to CCL!

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar