Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
what other hobbies do you enjoy? Options
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 10:28:34 AM

Groups: Member

So, whatcha do other than comic book collecting as a hobby? when i'm not collecting comics i'm always out fishing and hunting. preferably bow hunting mainly because arrows are much cheaper than bullets (thank you congress) and i enjoy the thrill of the stalk. but anyways i got a pretty big collection of fire arms and bows and the such. just thought it'd be interesting what everyone else does beside comic collecting.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Xylob
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 12:17:21 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

he he... Action figure collecting.

I used to spend a lot of time working on my Mark II Volkswagen as well as driving it at excessive speeds and entering it into local shows, but I sold it last June.
Mountain biking.

Not hobbies, but still time consuming: yard work & general household maintenance.

I'd love to get back into scale model building (modern military aircraft) but I just don't have the space and can't seem to find the time.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Spider-Man
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 12:19:56 PM

Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

I was an avid coin collector for many years, along with comics. Now my coin collecting is limited to the annual proof and uncirculated sets with an occasional special set if one strikes my fancy.

Signature design by CCL's own DrFate

SpiderFan.org

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:00:41 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I'm pretty much your all around geek.

Gamer:

I'm a HUGE gamer. However you won't find me on Xbox Live often. I'm more of a classic gamer. I own many consoles, that are all hooked up and played regularly. And I have a collection of over 500 games.

I mostly play RPGs, shoot-em ups (space ship shooters), 2D platfomers, and action/adventure games. I don't really play sports game (except for wrestling and Tony Hawk games), I don't play strategy games. And while I do play FPS and TPS shooters, I tend to stay away from squad-based shooters and the realistic military-shooters, I need something with a good story and I hate babysitting other characters so squad-based shooters are the worst for me.

Metal-Head:

I'm also a big metal-head. I have been since I was like 11 years old, and will be for life (I'll be 30 in a couple months). I'm spread across the board when it comes to metal. New, old, mainstream, underground, whatever. I'll listen to 80s hair metal, grunge, black metal, thrash, power metal, classic rock. You name it.

The metal I won't listen to is anything that's just straight anti-God or anti-Christian because I am a Christian. I don't like the sound of straight death-metal, I just can't get past the constant guttural vocals. And I mostly don't like any metal that mixes rap into it. Linkin Park seems to have a few exceptions to that rule that I find myself enjoying, though.

I haven't seen a whole lot of shows, though. I live in a rural area, so I have to travel a ways to see a show. The few I have seen have been damn good, though: Five Finger Death Punch, 3 Inches of Blood, All That Remains, Ratt, Tesla, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and even an Ozzfest.

Sci-Fi, Fantasy, & Horror Movie Fan:

Love the stuff. Always have. Far back as I can remember I was into sci-fi and horror movies (same goes for comic books). I'm particularly fond of Star Trek stuff and 80s & 90s sci-fi and horror films.

Some favorite horror films includes: Nightmare on Elm Street series, George Romero's Dead movies (Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, etc.), Event Horizon, House of 1000 Corpses, Wrong Turn, Resident Evil, The Lost Boys, The Monster Squad, Underworld.

Some favorite sci-fi/fantasy films include: Star Trek stuff, Alien Trilogy, Terminator films, Predator films, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Dune, Equilibrium, Demolition Man, Back to the Future Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Conan films, etc.

Pro-Wrestling Fan:

I'm more of a fan of the older stuff, but I still keep up with what's going on in WWE and TNA. I was particularly a huge fan of the 80s WWF, the WWF Attitude Era, and especially of WCW. Man, do I miss WCW. Not only was it my favorite wrestling company, but because of the competition they gave WWF, it brought out the best in the WWF. WWE is a shadow of it's former glory during those years.

Some favorite wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H, Hogan, The Hardy Boyz, Kevin Nash, Goldberg, nWo, Degeneration-X, Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen, Evolution,

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:24:54 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

I collect children's series books (Hardy Boys, Tom Swift, etc), Autographed sports items (not seriously but have 27 various items) and fossils.

I use to enjoy having sex as a hobby, but then I got married and had to give it up.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:31:44 PM

Besides comics I actively collect action figures: primarily Transformers (as anyone who frequents the "Recent Toy Finds" thread knows) with the occasional Ninja Turtle (new) or Marvel Universe fig.

I also have a fairly extensive DVD/Blu-ray collection. I'm currently at +/-700. Now I just need to find some time to watch some of them.

I'm a pretty casual gamer, so I don't know I'd say I'm a collector. There are a few series I like to keep up with though: Need for Speed, Skylanders and Transformers.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 2:56:14 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I collect NASCAR die-cast cars. Primarily the 1:64 scale which are the size of Hot Wheels. I am closing in quick on 1,000 cars and should be there within a couple of months. 1,000 may not seem like a lot compared to the size of people's comic collections but the numbers that are released each year make it impossible to have a collection of over 8,000 if you are only getting different paint schemes and not every release of the same car but in a different package. I get pretty much every new paint scheme I can find of any driver, more likely to pass it up if I'm not a fan of the driver (such as Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch, and Jeff Gordon). This is pretty hard since basically the only place to find new die-casts if you want to avoid price gougers online are at the track or at a flea market. However, I will go searching deeper for Dale Earnhardt (my all time favorite) or Kevin Harvick (my favorite active driver) cars.

I am also big into pro wrestling and go to every WWE or TNA show that comes to the Nashville area. And, as you may see by my profile picture, I love the Nashville Predators and have been a season ticket holder for the last 3 years.

The_Ghost
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 6:49:43 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

1. Collecting action figures, football cards, and Hot Wheels from time to time.

2. Playing video games

3. Watching sports

4. Researching history

5. Movies

6. Collecting Depeche Mode merchandise and albums.

7. Drawing & writing comics and poetry.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
dunleavy75
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 6:59:19 PM

Watching classic horror movies (Hammer, Universal, Amicus, and the such), and animation (mostly Superhero stuff) with my kids.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
comicuniversity
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 7:22:04 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

You got a beer league, I'm in:

Softball, Bowling, Kickball, darts, Pool, anything.

I am a big fantasy football guy too.
fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:45:29 AM

yourplace2
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 8:59:19 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Used to collect Beannie Babies, but stopped wasting my cash on those. Now I have to get rid of them, as they are worthless.

BASS FISHING is my other big time waster. Big Grin
I belong to a club, and fish competitively every year.
I spend so much on tackle, I have my own store in my basement.

I also have a huge magazine collection, which I have not sold many of, except on feeBay a while back. I wish CCL allowed other collectables. Would be great having other things to sell in the store.

Nerd

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 12:11:46 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

yourplace2 wrote:
Used to collect Beannie Babies, but stopped wasting my cash on those. Now I have to get rid of them, as they are worthless.

I also have a huge magazine collection, which I have not sold many of, except on feeBay a while back. I wish CCL allowed other collectables. Would be great having other things to sell in the store.

Nerd

A few years back, they mentioned a video game collecting program, like the CCL one, was in the works.

...I'm still waiting on it. Waiting

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MER
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 2:10:24 PM

Listening to music, knitting/embroidery/crochet, playing video games (minimal), and light reading.

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:37:44 PM

yourplace2 wrote:

Nerd

I no better way to spend it. i spent a ton of time fishing. esecially when i lived in GA. great bass fishing. now-a-day i spend my time shoting and hunting. colorado has some decent fishing but i prefer large mouth bass,

Dreadnok01
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:51:12 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
yourplace2 wrote:

Nerd

I no better way to spend it. i spent a ton of time fishing. esecially when i lived in GA. great bass fishing. now-a-day i spend my time shoting and hunting. colorado has some decent fishing but i prefer large mouth bass,

Soldier, you've got to get up to Blue Mesa. You might not catch anything, but In my opinion there's no prettier place to fish in the state.
fenix1977
Posted: Saturday, April 06, 2013 2:28:09 AM

If I have the time I also play video games.

Mad Bloggings

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 10:21:57 AM

Dreadnok01 wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
yourplace2 wrote:

Nerd

Soldier, you've got to get up to Blue Mesa. You might not catch anything, but In my opinion there's no prettier place to fish in the state.

i've heard it's a beautiful area. i'm deffintly going to check it out this summer.

kisstour03
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:16:32 PM

Hobbies besides collecting and reading comics. Good topic.

Toy collecting is a favorite. I try to focus, but my short attention span "forces" me to collect whatever I think looks neat that day. Vintage Star Wars, Marvel and DC figures, Mego, POP! vinyl figures, bootleg Star Wars figures. It's all over the map.

I really love skeet shooting along with a bit of trap and sporting clays thrown in. Just recently got back to the skeet club after a years layoff from it. We bought our first house back in July last year, so that took up some free time and cash. After years of beating myself up with 12 gauge guns I discovered the 28 gauge a few years ago. The pain level went down and the scores went up.

I also love collecting and watching DVDs. Espically old horror and sci-fi. Currently watching my complete series of The Twilight Zone.

I enjoy a good book also.

Does driving my wife nuts count as a hobby Big Grin
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:30:45 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

kisstour03 wrote:
...Does driving my wife nuts count as a hobby Big Grin
Absolutely!
It's one of my favorites and I can't believe I didn't list it earlier.
Also add to the list: tormenting the dogs (mentally/emotionally) - it's just so easy messing with their little brains. And they always come back for more!

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?