Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » UK Comics and Collectors » Need help from my UK friends
comicscastle
Friday, September 21, 2012 4:51:11 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,526 | Points: 435,124
I'm looking for the original TUROK, SON OF STONE with UK pricing. Supposedly issues 23, 24 & 25 were printed with just a 1 shilling price and a $.15 and 1 shilling price. Examples can be seen here http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=d110ef0c-1db5-46c5-844e-9587edfe7f93
and here http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=2cd7df7f-0a20-487f-a3d9-f3c124e64244 .
I have both of these books but wouldn't mind getting more. I don't have either type of issue #25. Condition is not important as long as it is complete. I will gladly pay cash or work a very nice trade, whichever you prefer. Thanks---Pat


The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


chiller67
Friday, September 21, 2012 5:11:02 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Joined: 4/1/2007 | Posts: 2,204 | Points: 33,228
I'll keep an eye out for them, Pat.

I add them to list I take with me when I'm hunting for comics.
icarus201
Friday, September 21, 2012 5:12:39 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: 8/17/2007 | Posts: 43,972 | Points: 795,130
Had a quick look on eBay UK, and the only copies available at the minute are US priced ones. I'll keep a look out in case I get to a convention show. I did correct the price on #23 from 1.00 to 0.05, the present equivalent of a 1 shilling price.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicscastle
Friday, September 21, 2012 6:10:47 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,526 | Points: 435,124
icarus201 wrote:
Had a quick look on eBay UK, and the only copies available at the minute are US priced ones. I'll keep a look out in case I get to a convention show. I did correct the price on #23 from 1.00 to 0.05, the present equivalent of a 1 shilling price.
Actually, I think we are supposed to list the price as it appears on the cover, even though it isn't really correct.


The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


icarus201
Saturday, September 22, 2012 1:57:21 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: 8/17/2007 | Posts: 43,972 | Points: 795,130
comicscastle wrote:
icarus201 wrote:
Had a quick look on eBay UK, and the only copies available at the minute are US priced ones. I'll keep a look out in case I get to a convention show. I did correct the price on #23 from 1.00 to 0.05, the present equivalent of a 1 shilling price.
Actually, I think we are supposed to list the price as it appears on the cover, even though it isn't really correct.

This was something I asked for about five years ago when I joined. The ability to display different currency for non US mags. Even with this feature, it wouldn't be possible to represent the shilling price. That type of currency has been obsolete in the UK for at least 40 years now. The decimal equivalent of 1 shilling is 5 pence. I'm not guessing at this. It's borne out historically, anyway. The next price rise for UK comics was 6 pence when the UK caught up with the rest of the world and went metric.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
inhumanking
Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:50:21 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: VA, USA
Joined: 3/21/2007 | Posts: 594 | Points: 1,912
hey guys-

not exactly on topic, but i also could use some help from those of you across the pond.

i've been trying to track down a moderately rare (it seems) item, no luck on eBay or elsewhere.

when the UK publication ImagineFX magazine released issue 90, there was a SUBSCRIPTION ONLY variant cover by Alex Ross. the standard cover is readily available on the web (eBay & the magazine's site).

thanks in advance for any help, i'm willing to compensate adequately.

for a look at the cover, search in google images "ImagineFX magazine issue 90 Alex Ross".

icarus201
Friday, January 04, 2013 11:18:56 AM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: 8/17/2007 | Posts: 43,972 | Points: 795,130
inhumanking wrote:

when the UK publication ImagineFX magazine released issue 90, there was a SUBSCRIPTION ONLY variant cover by Alex Ross. the standard cover is readily available on the web (eBay & the magazine's site).

thanks in advance for any help, i'm willing to compensate adequately.

for a look at the cover, search in google images "ImagineFX magazine issue 90 Alex Ross".


Is this the cover you're looking for? I see it on eBay UK. I could get it for you if you confirm that is the variant that you need.


Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
inhumanking
Friday, January 04, 2013 1:18:17 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: VA, USA
Joined: 3/21/2007 | Posts: 594 | Points: 1,912
nope. this is it:




icarus201
Friday, January 04, 2013 5:21:35 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: 8/17/2007 | Posts: 43,972 | Points: 795,130
inhumanking wrote:
nope. this is it:





That's better, now that I know what to look for. Nothing currently on eBay UK, but I'll keep an eye out. Maybe a subscriber will try to make a few extra quid on it by putting one up for sale.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
inhumanking
Saturday, January 05, 2013 8:50:18 AM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: VA, USA
Joined: 3/21/2007 | Posts: 594 | Points: 1,912
icarus201 wrote:
I'll keep an eye out.


much appreciated!

i'd be happy to do the same for you (or anyone else, for that matter),
so if you ever need, don't hesitate to ask!

comicfan17blue
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:33:35 PM
Rank: Superhero
Groups: Member
Location: New Mexico
Joined: 7/1/2012 | Posts: 141 | Points: 423
I was wondering if a UK CCL member might be able to help me acquire a copy of Nowhere Men #1 Thought Bubble variant has a blue cover, for a reasonable price. I have heard copies my still be available at retail. Please reply here or send me a PM thanks.
inhumanking
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:43:51 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member
Location: VA, USA
Joined: 3/21/2007 | Posts: 594 | Points: 1,912
icarus201 wrote:
Nothing currently on eBay UK, but I'll keep an eye out. Maybe a subscriber will try to make a few extra quid on it by putting one up for sale.


I have to publicly thanks icarus201 for being as good as his word... he saw the mag I was looking for in an auction, contacted me, won the auction and shipped the book.

Thanks a million, Winston! (another awesome example of this fine community)

SuperSoldier124
Friday, February 22, 2013 1:17:52 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Colorado
Joined: 4/3/2007 | Posts: 3,060 | Points: 9,241
I was wondering if I could get some help from our friends across the pond as well. I'm looking for a comic called action from the 70's with the appearances of hook jaw. I know there's a collected volume but I can't find that anywhere as well.
add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

chiller67
Monday, February 25, 2013 3:05:46 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Joined: 4/1/2007 | Posts: 2,204 | Points: 33,228
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
I was wondering if I could get some help from our friends across the pond as well. I'm looking for a comic called action from the 70's with the appearances of hook jaw. I know there's a collected volume but I can't find that anywhere as well.


I remember it well. A forerunner to 2000AD.
I'll keep my eye out for any collected editions.
Do you mean a Hook Jaw collection or an anthology type one. Being a UK comic there will certainly be annuals out there - hard cover anthologies. I think I had one when I was a kid.
SuperSoldier124
Monday, February 25, 2013 3:12:58 PM
Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member
Location: Colorado
Joined: 4/3/2007 | Posts: 3,060 | Points: 9,241
chiller67 wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
I was wondering if I could get some help from our friends across the pond as well. I'm looking for a comic called action from the 70's with the appearances of hook jaw. I know there's a collected volume but I can't find that anywhere as well.


I remember it well. A forerunner to 2000AD.
I'll keep my eye out for any collected editions.
Do you mean a Hook Jaw collection or an anthology type one. Being a UK comic there will certainly be annuals out there - hard cover anthologies. I think I had one when I was a kid.
if you can find a collected volume that'd be great. that would be cheaper than back issues i would believe
add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

komohah
Saturday, March 09, 2013 3:14:41 PM
Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Location: New Zealand
Joined: 7/5/2009 | Posts: 594 | Points: 281,281
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
chiller67 wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
I was wondering if I could get some help from our friends across the pond as well. I'm looking for a comic called action from the 70's with the appearances of hook jaw. I know there's a collected volume but I can't find that anywhere as well.


I remember it well. A forerunner to 2000AD.
I'll keep my eye out for any collected editions.
Do you mean a Hook Jaw collection or an anthology type one. Being a UK comic there will certainly be annuals out there - hard cover anthologies. I think I had one when I was a kid.
if you can find a collected volume that'd be great. that would be cheaper than back issues i would believe


I've just seen "Collected Hook Jaw vol.1" on lulu.com for $13.93. I know nothing about this company/website so can't give any opinions on their practices. Looks like they're a print on demand company. You might also want to check out the "Sevenpenny Nightmare" website which is dedicated to the Action weekly comic and has over 100 pages of Hook Jaw to read online (scroll to the bottom of the Home Page and select "The Whole Story" from the list under "Categories" then scroll to the bottom of the page again and select Hook Jaw).
MrBen
Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:51:31 PM
Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member
Joined: 7/2/2007 | Posts: 15 | Points: 45
comicscastle wrote:
I'm looking for the original TUROK, SON OF STONE with UK pricing. Supposedly issues 23, 24 & 25 were printed with just a 1 shilling price and a $.15 and 1 shilling price. Examples can be seen here http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=d110ef0c-1db5-46c5-844e-9587edfe7f93
and here http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=2cd7df7f-0a20-487f-a3d9-f3c124e64244 .
I have both of these books but wouldn't mind getting more. I don't have either type of issue #25. Condition is not important as long as it is complete. I will gladly pay cash or work a very nice trade, whichever you prefer. Thanks---Pat


Hi Pat,

I'm not sure if they are the books you're looking for but there is a UK dealer called silver acre that do have a Turok 23,24 and 25 in store. And Daryl does have a bit of a specialty for UK price variants.

http://silveracre.com/xcart/search.php?mode=search

Like I say might not be what you're looking for but I thought I'd chip in.

Ben
"Rocky Raccoon checked into his room
Only to find Gideon's bible
Rocky had come equipped with a gun
To shoot off the legs of his rival"
- The Beatles
comicscastle
Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:29:57 PM
Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Member
Location: New Jersey
Joined: 1/30/2008 | Posts: 15,526 | Points: 435,124
MrBen wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
I'm looking for the original TUROK, SON OF STONE with UK pricing. Supposedly issues 23, 24 & 25 were printed with just a 1 shilling price and a $.15 and 1 shilling price. Examples can be seen here http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=d110ef0c-1db5-46c5-844e-9587edfe7f93
and here http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=2cd7df7f-0a20-487f-a3d9-f3c124e64244 .
I have both of these books but wouldn't mind getting more. I don't have either type of issue #25. Condition is not important as long as it is complete. I will gladly pay cash or work a very nice trade, whichever you prefer. Thanks---Pat


Hi Pat,

I'm not sure if they are the books you're looking for but there is a UK dealer called silver acre that do have a Turok 23,24 and 25 in store. And Daryl does have a bit of a specialty for UK price variants.

http://silveracre.com/xcart/search.php?mode=search

Like I say might not be what you're looking for but I thought I'd chip in.

Ben
Thanks Ben. I sent them a message explaining what I'm looking for. Hopefully they can help out. By the way, my search has expanded to include issue 21 & 22. I've seen a 21 and assume that with 21, 23-25 having UK pricing that there is probably a 22 as well. Perhaps even 20 or 26. It's hard to hunt something when you don't even know if it exists.


The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe


Users browsing this topic
Guest

Forum Jump

Access

You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.393 seconds.
(0.246 seconds)

All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2015, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231