Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:08:20 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Down to the stretch run. Who is going to make a push to the playoffs? Is any team other than Pittsburgh (like they were that bad to begin with) going to go after some players?

My Preds have most of their remaining games at home but their road schedule has them going to Chicago 3 times. Man, even if Chicago was having a down year three visits to a division opponent's building in a month is brutal.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:32:05 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Penguins getting Jerome Iginla was surprising to me. The guy is a great player and leader - sad for Calgary, good for the Western Conference!

Preds are hovering around the 8th spot and could make the playoffs. Tough spot to be as usual especially this year with both the Hawks and Ducks playing out of their minds. I'm thinking that could be the WC Finals this year.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:05:10 AM

Shop at My Store

Blackhawks are mortal after all...

Looks like the Ducks got their number.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

crunchbird
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 7:31:31 PM

Groups: Member

I know injuries are a part of the game but the Penguins can't catch a break. Paul Martin was having an amazing season and breaks his leg. Now the Crosby mess. As soon as it happened everyone knew it was bad, but this is just awful. This is not good for the NHL either.
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 11:31:25 PM

I got to watch the Leaf's hand it to the Senators Saturday night in Ottawa.

Mad Bloggings

scotteaves
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 8:15:12 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

crunchbird wrote:
Paul Martin was having an amazing season and breaks his leg. Now the Crosby mess. As soon as it happened everyone knew it was bad, but this is just awful. This is not good for the NHL either.

Martin had surgery for a broken hand. Not leg.

Crosby? Eh, sucks for him, but it's not going to be more than a blip in the NHL. There have been many superstars who have gotten hurt over the years and the league is still plugging right along. Freaking Cindy, doesn't he know better than to stick his face in front of a puck?

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 11:04:01 AM

This may be an extremely tough week for the Preds. They are struggling to win games just as they get a stretch of 5 games in 7 days including 3 against Chicago. Man, the schedule makers didn't do the Preds any favors with that one. And out of 5 road games left on the schedule 3 are at Chicago and one at Detroit, not going to be easy. The other is at Columbus which is not a basically guaranteed win this year either. Hopefully the Preds can win tonight at Chicago or I am worried that the powers that be in the Preds front office will try to sell some guys off.
jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 11:05:33 AM

If the Preds can just get a bit of a good streak going they can sneak into the playoffs. And as Los Angles showed everyone last year, as long as you get in, you can win it, even if you are the 8 seed.
crunchbird
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 4:44:46 PM

Groups: Member

scotteaves, you are absolutely right about it being a broken hand on Paul Martin but I disagree with you on Crosby. I realize that the NHL was here long before him and will be after he's gone, frankly I don't expect him to have a real long career, how many shots to the head can you take. But the league is better with it's star players on the ice. Did NFL fans rejoice when Peyton Manning missed a year? Sidney Crosby does some things you just don't see anyone else doing and I've never understood the hating on him that you see.
scotteaves
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2013 6:17:13 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

crunchbird wrote:
scotteaves, you are absolutely right about it being a broken hand on Paul Martin but I disagree with you on Crosby. I realize that the NHL was here long before him and will be after he's gone, frankly I don't expect him to have a real long career, how many shots to the head can you take. But the league is better with it's star players on the ice. Did NFL fans rejoice when Peyton Manning missed a year? Sidney Crosby does some things you just don't see anyone else doing and I've never understood the hating on him that you see.

He's li'l Cindy whiner. That's why there is a bunch of hating on him. Whines and complains to the refs regularly - and then gets bogus calls when someone bumps him or taps him.

Completely agree that the NHL is best with its stars on the ice, but it's worse for the Pens than the NHL. How about a dude like Stamkos on the 'Bolts? That's a guy who scores from anywhere at anytime.

scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:13:24 PM

And Dallas Stars have started the fire sale...

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 1:35:07 PM

Shop at My Store

Since when has Jaromir Jagr been relevant...?

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:35:11 AM

Preds can't seem to find any consistency, going from looking amazing to embarrassing from game to game. Curious to see if they make any additions today before the trade deadline.

Excited for tomorrow's game. Not because it's against Columbus but because I won the glass seat upgrade drawing for the game. As far as seeing all the action on both ends of the ice, higher up is better but there's just something about experiencing a game on the glass that gets me fired up. Will be directly behind the net on the opponent attack twice side.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:41:53 AM

Shop at My Store

I like being higher up too, you can see things develop better up there. But one of the best times I had at a game was sitting right next to the glass adjacent to the opposing team's penalty box. My daughter was with me (she was 12 at the time) and just the excitement of being that close to the action plus being able to razz the guy in the PB was hard to beat.

Hall Liquidations

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:27:27 PM

I always buy upper tier tickets because it's a much better view of the game, IMO. But, I never turn down lower tier tickets! I've been against the glass a few times - one was for a Devils Stanley Cup banner raising game to open the season. Sat right at the end of the opposing team's bench.

jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:23:36 PM

I got season tickets in the 2nd row of the balcony at the corner. I love the view and am not planning on giving those seats up anytime soon. In fact, just last night I renewed my seats for the next two seasons to "lock in" my prices. If they go down, I pay the lower price and if they go up I don't have to pay the increase.

One time I sat by the opposing team penalty box when Dion Phaneuf was on the Flames. The guy in the row in front of me was on him all night. When he went to the box for the third time that night, the guy told him that was the only kind of hat trick he would ever get. Phaneuf picked up the Gatorade bottle and squirted it at the break between the glass. Some hit the guy but a large amount got all over my white Preds jersey. Dang stuff never completely came out. Now whenever I wear my old Preds jersey I have memories of that night thanks to the stain.
jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:38:10 PM

Well, goodbye Erat. It's going to be weird seeing you in another team's uniform. Filip Forsberg is supposed to be a big time prospect, so hopefully the projections are right and the Preds got them a top line guy that can score. Hoping that this deal works out in the Preds favor sooner rather than later, they've been needing goal scorers for quite a while now.
jbeeman85
Posted: Friday, April 05, 2013 6:50:48 AM

Sat on the glass last night with the upgrade tickets I won to witness my Preds lose to Columbus. A puck came over the net and landed under my seat. Before I had time to reach down and pick it up, the beer guy grabbed it and put it in his pocket. Ticked me off big time. I'm too old for it to bother me as much as it did but man, I just wanted to trip the jerk and take the puck from him.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 6:19:22 PM

Shop at My Store

Blackhawks clinch a playoff spot, not that it was much in doubt. Right now that would put Chicago vs. Detroit in the first round. That would be a fitting moment in the rivalry. With the new stupid realignment this would be the last time those two could face each other in the postseason, barring a Finals match-up.

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 7:58:02 PM

Shop at My Store

Good Lord! Ovechkin just shot a laser into the net. Where did the Capitals come from? I thought they had been written off a month into the season and now they are challenging for a playoff spot! I know that's a weak Division but they have been hot lately.

Blackhawks V Wild is shaping up to be a tough match. Scoreless after one...
Patrick Sharp is back!

Hall Liquidations