Welcome Guest Active Topics
roguesquad
Friday, May 10, 2013 3:38:23 PM
Groups: Member
Just thought I'd share this because it bothered me. This drunk guy randomly starts beating up 2 guys in costumes outside a comic book store near me (not my LCS) on free comic book day. There were kids everywhere who saw it and I just feel bad for the people hurt. Talk about ruining a fun day. Here's the article if interested:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Two-men-assaulted-at-Portland-comic-book-event.html?searchterm=free+comic+book+day
All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
kevscomics
Friday, May 10, 2013 4:13:30 PM
Some people are just a-holes, they are everywhere, and sometimes more prevalent than the good guys...
kisstour03
Friday, May 10, 2013 6:44:10 PM
I read about this the other day. What a douchebag. I get down to Portland a couple of times a year. I'll have to check that shop out.
roguesquad
Friday, May 10, 2013 8:06:54 PM
kisstour03 wrote:
I read about this the other day. What a douchebag. I get down to Portland a couple of times a year. I'll have to check that shop out.

That shop is ok but Casablanca Comics down the road is much better IMO.
kisstour03
Friday, May 10, 2013 9:13:15 PM
I've been told Casablanca is pretty good. Have you ever been to Top Shelf in Bangor? I love that store. Awesome selection.
padreglcc
Friday, May 10, 2013 10:02:11 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
kisstour03 wrote:
I've been told Casablanca is pretty good. Have you ever been to Top Shelf in Bangor? I love that store. Awesome selection.

This threw me for a second until I realized that you were talking about Bangor, Maine (I'm from Bangor, Michigan). I was like, "There's not comic shop in my town! What's going on?"
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
kisstour03
Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:25:41 AM
padreglcc wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:

This threw me for a second until I realized that you were talking about Bangor, Maine (I'm from Bangor, Michigan). I was like, "There's not comic shop in my town! What's going on?"

Yes there is. It's right next to that other place you go to all the time. It's easy to miss. Big Grin
roguesquad
Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:24:25 PM
kisstour03 wrote:

No..never been there. Its like 3 hrs from my house. But now I know about it. Thanks!