Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
SHS 2 Power Cap Discussion Options
LadyJay
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 10:06:16 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

Based on poll results, SHS 2 will be a combined Marvel/DC tournament. Teams will consist of 10 fighters, 5 DC and 5 Marvel.

Managers will need to submit 1 DC character and 1 Marvel character for each of their fights, both characters on the losing team will be eliminated. In order to maintain balanced teams, successful use of the FLEE card will save both characters on the double team.

For SHS 2, Multiverse characters will be eligible for the draft as long as:
a) They fall below the SHS 2 power cap
b) They are alive in their home universe at the time of the draft.

There are still several points that need to be decided before we get things rolling. The first is the power cap. Post your suggestions for the SHS 2 cap here. Once we get enough suggestions, we'll post a poll. Remember, we need both a Marvel and DC character for the cap.

Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:05:56 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

LadyJay wrote:
There are still several points that need to be decided before we get things rolling. The first is the power cap. Post your suggestions for the SHS 2 cap here. Once we get enough suggestions, we'll post a poll. Remember, we need both a Marvel and DC character for the cap.

Wonder Woman / Valkyrie

comicuniversity
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:18:32 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Black Lightning/Cyclops
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:44:48 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Animal Man / Squirrel Girl

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 11:52:27 AM

Shop at My Store

Basically, I am advocating for a Medium Power Cap. No earth-shaking powerhouses but also no pantywaists. Middle of the line, one or two abilities or gadgets, someone you have to get creative with.

I want the characters to be able to get knocked around a little bit without succumbing but getting punched through a brick wall for example would put you right out.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:00:46 PM

Shop at My Store

LadyJay wrote:

Please elaborate, does Multiverse refer to alternate universes? Time travel? Legion of Superheroes, MC2, Ultimate, etc.? Still within the Marvel/DC umbrella.

Hall Liquidations

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:23:05 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I'm likely gonna just be a spectator/voter this time around, so I'm not sure how much weight I can pull here. But I'd like to see top-level guys short of godly powers.

Say Superman/Thor level.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
LadyJay
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:55:49 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
LadyJay wrote:

Please elaborate, does Multiverse refer to alternate universes? Time travel? Legion of Superheroes, MC2, Ultimate, etc.? Still within the Marvel/DC umbrella.

Multiverse refers to Alternate Universes within the Marvel/DC Umbrella (Earth 2, Ultimate, etc.)

As of their last appearance, characters must exist in their present timeline. Meaning characters from the future, such as members of the Legion of Super-Heroes, are only eligible if they are currently "living" in 2013 continuity, characters who are currently deceased are also inelligible (We haven't decided on cards yet, if we include the Time Bubble Card, that would allow an exception to this)

NOTE: Managers may be asked to provide links or other references for obscure characters.

LadyJay
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:58:35 PM

So far we have the following suggestions

Wonder Woman / Valkyrie
Black Lightning/Cyclops
Animal Man / Squirrel Girl
Superman/Thor

We'll continue to take suggestions through the end of this week.

comic clint
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 11:17:59 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber, Super Hero Showdown Host

im liking the mid-grade approach, but I think it should be a captain america/batman---- I think Squirrel Girl and Animal Man may still fall in those perameters, but Im getting lost trying to figure out who would be in the squirrel girl/animal man range.... think maybe squirrel girl isnt quite the same caliber as animal man and its throwing me a bit---- is there another marvel character thats closer in abilities to animal man? not thinking of it right now--- minds kinda drained---any help with this?

THE PRECIOUS PRESENT IS A GREAT BOOK THAT YOU SHOULD READ SOMEDAY SOON
-clint
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:18:12 AM

Shop at My Store

C'mon, Squirrel Girl defeated Dr. Doom for gosh sakes!

I'm thinking characters with one or maybe two powers, or some type of gadget. No invulnerability, gargantuan strength or super high-strength suits of armor. For example:

Plantman (M)
Hydro-Man (M)
Wizard (M)
Cannonball (M)
Night Thrasher (M)
White Tiger (M)

Black Lightning (D)
Creeper (D)
Phantom Lady (D)
Captain Cold (D)
Killer Croc (D)
Trickster (D)

Not that I plan on using any of these selections...
Don't want to reveal my strategy!

Hall Liquidations

comic clint
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:54:33 PM

lol---- gotcha--- I like that Idea it will definitely be a battle od strategy that way and not who can beat the hell outta who :)

-clint
comic clint
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:55:35 PM

still think we should think about the Cap/Batman level too----- maybe this should be in a poll? or are the mods going to decide?

-clint
comic clint
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:56:53 PM

theres going to be 10 per team so a slightly higher cap will include more characters---- might be better then limiting the selection to only c listers

-clint
LadyJay
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:22:52 PM

comic clint wrote:
still think we should think about the Cap/Batman level too----- maybe this should be in a poll? or are the mods going to decide?

LadyJay wrote:

Right now we're trying to get ideas so we have something to put in the poll.

comic clint wrote:
theres going to be 10 per team so a slightly higher cap will include more characters---- might be better then limiting the selection to only c listers

It's 5 Marvel Characters and 5 DC characters per team. Basically the same number per publisher you'd have in a Marvel or DC only game. Also, keep mind that we're opening it up to include Alternate Universe characters (as long as they're under the cap).

Having said that, I'd personally like to something higher than a Cap/Batman fight. There were a lot of complaints about how boring the DCIC II Hawkman cap was with so many street fighter level characters.

The_Ghost
Posted: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 11:18:50 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Hmmm....Sad

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
comic clint
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:54:01 PM

LadyJay wrote:
comic clint wrote:

LadyJay wrote:

Right now we're trying to get ideas so we have something to put in the poll.

comic clint wrote:

It's 5 Marvel Characters and 5 DC characters per team. Basically the same number per publisher you'd have in a Marvel or DC only game. Also, keep mind that we're opening it up to include Alternate Universe characters (as long as they're under the cap).

Having said that, I'd personally like to something higher than a Cap/Batman fight. There were a lot of complaints about how boring the DCIC II Hawkman cap was with so many street fighter level characters.

ok----- lets rock and roll then---- the more voter involvement the better :)

-clint
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 12:11:28 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Zatanna / Scarlet Witch

b0bafett
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:15:47 AM

Groups: Guru, Member

Cap/Batman
icarus201
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:30:12 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Atilla2k wrote:
Zatanna / Scarlet Witch

I'd back that.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here