Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
will definately not be keeping the store open...still processing and shipping orders though Options
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:23:03 PM

Groups: Member

Flagwaver wrote:
That is why I commented on the fact that orders did not seem to be going out in the order that they received because there is a good chance someone is going to get screwed. For instance: I place an order and it has a copy of Comic X #4-B. Someone places an order after I do that also has Comic X #4-B. For some reason their order is pulled first and, suprisingly, the inventory was wrong and they get the copy of Comic X #4-B and I don't. Is that fair, when I placed the order and paid for the book first? As long as I get my books, or a refund for missing ones, it is not a big deal. I just think it is poor management.

may not be fair, and we want to avoid this as much as possible, but its another reason why we marked them down to 3.00 each, so just in case your not out a big amount of money and i can refund you the 3.00 per variant if short...sorry about this, its hard for us too as my variant stock is massive too and i can not go thru every variant or i will never get orders shipped till next year and im sure its tough for the others like yourself who have made purchases too, again sorry and i hope my variant stock is a lil more on track from the show that i sold some variants at that lead to this...discrepancy
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:23:41 PM

Tamwood wrote:
I really don't know why everybody seems so shocked.

lol...you get a punch!

Laughing
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:24:40 PM

Thundercron wrote:
I also want to point out that Paypal does not allow a seller to give a refund on an order after 60 days. Don would have to send the refund amount as a whole seperate transaction at that point.

Just another window that's about to close for some.

and that too wont be a problem...i can give refunds all day...my finances are great...hows yours...

jmbarnes101
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:26:47 PM

Thank you for Don for writing. It's comforting to be heard and that you updated the situation, at least to me. Thank you.
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:27:34 PM

lbej wrote:
I'm not shocked--nothing shocks me when it comes to money. I am disappointed, and I hope I never become so jaded that it no longer disappoints me when someone acts in bad faith.

yeah, i guess it kinda rolls downs...why im leaving ccl ...disappointment...sorry if i can not live up to your expectations...im on my way out the door, but before i leave i will make sure you get your orders or a full refund...or both to make up for the disappointment...hope that your future actions here on ccl is what you expect...Don
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:28:28 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
lbej wrote:
I'm not shocked--nothing shocks me when it comes to money. I am disappointed, and I hope I never become so jaded that it no longer disappoints me when someone acts in bad faith.

Just remember that there are plenty of us out there who care for their customers and offer quality Customer Service including: answering all communications, sending the right stuff the first time and fixing any problems that may occur - all with courtesy and respect.

true theres over 100 other stores here on ccl and those are still open too

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:32:41 PM

freakdylan wrote:
CrossbowComics wrote:
In 9 days there will be 181 unfilled orders that will be past the 45 day limit, Don will have no obligation to ship.

How do you know this?

When Don dropped his prices to 15 cents it baffled me. A 100 books for $15 - $6 shipping = $9 to pay for materials and time and that would never be worth it for me unless just a grab bag. Would never dig through box after box to fulfill orders like that.

I have 2 pending orders from his sale, 1 past deadline. But I only placed small orders since he didnt have a lot of spidey books, just got soem stuff to read. I did orders some variants when he re-opened but sadly the key variants I wanted were missing from order. Still hoping they can find, but if not Boo Hoo!

yeah my good deeds always come back to do me in...i though all the members who made order from the mark down would be grateful for such a great deal and that even me being late to ship would still be ok...but its cool, im not expecting any gratitude...just want to get the remainder of orders filled and head on out the door...lot of stress ill be able to just drop at the door on the way out...hope that everyone is happy with the other stores here on ccl and that they will treat you the way you want to be treated...personally my feeling on this site...i will not comment on but its my personal opinion so its no biggie
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:34:21 PM

CrossbowComics wrote:
I'm just going 45 days from the last day he was open, the 181 is the number he quoted although maybe a few of those came later via Don's Variants.

I've already had an order ship that was past the 45 days, that's why I didn't sweat too hard when my other orders hit 45. My main concern is the comment about bulking out most of his stock back in April, did he get a chance to pull all those orders? Hopefully Don shows up and announces another 20 orders shipped & all will be well, until then people need to play it safe & get those claims in while they still can.

when i say i bulked my stock...its not till after i get all the orders pulled...i have a buyer...and its not something that i had to do i want to get rid of the stock here so i can get into those 600 long boxes ive had in storage for a year now...
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:37:17 PM

ok so who needs a refund...lol...seriously let me know and ill take care of it for you...till then we will continue to get the orders shipped and will update here and an the sellers corner...Don

have a great day!
CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:13:36 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thanks for the responses Don, that week of silence was unusual for you so I was a bit worried. I know some guys are antsy so feel free to tackle them first, I'm not in a rush. The books are great & have been worth the wait -

Doug at Treehouse

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com

empirerulz1975
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:48:40 PM

i did put in a dispute, but only because it was coming up on the 45 day mark. I would still like to get my books, and I will gladly drop the dispute if I can get some kind of Conf. that they have been shipped.
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:17:33 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

Don has been very quick lately to tell everyone how great he is, but equally quick to be the absolute opposite of great.

Read this thread. He is (banned) at CCL. He took a whole crapload of orders all at once. None of them are being shipped anywhere near on time. Almost all of them have missing books.
In what circumstances is doing business in this manner OK?

I havent (and wouldnt) place an order, so I dont have a dog in this hunt.

But....what looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...is probly a scam.

My advice, as a trusted member of the CCL community. Don't place another order. File a paypal claim. Get out while you can. This is clearly a sinking ship (despite what Don says.) You don't want to be on it.
comicuniversity
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:19:47 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

And....Don, please save the threats of beatdowns and all the pinky swears that you are really super rich and you're really a great guy and will soon be president of the world or whatever.

I've never bought your line of bull, and I am not going to start now. The time you spent typing your response would be wasted.
Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:02:49 PM

comicuniversity wrote:
Don has been very quick lately to tell everyone how great he is, but equally quick to be the absolute opposite of great.

Read this thread. He is (banned) at CCL. He took a whole crapload of orders all at once. None of them are being shipped anywhere near on time. Almost all of them have missing books.
In what circumstances is doing business in this manner OK?

I havent (and wouldnt) place an order, so I dont have a dog in this hunt.

But....what looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...is probly a scam.

My advice, as a trusted member of the CCL community. Don't place another order. File a paypal claim. Get out while you can. This is clearly a sinking ship (despite what Don says.) You don't want to be on it.

I know some of his orders may not have been satisfactory, but I've placed orders with Don for years now including 2 orders during his closing sale and had no missing books or any problems. I think it's completely up to the buyer if they wanted to be a part of the closing sale. Buy at your own risk. But to say almost all orders had missing books is not accurate. If people do not approve of Don and his business practices they don't have to buy from him. And nothing against you either, but if you have never done business with Don before or do not currently have an outstanding order with him, there was no reason for your comments except to throw fuel on the fire.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:05:06 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicuniversity wrote:
And....Don, please save the threats of beatdowns and all the pinky swears that you are really super rich and you're really a great guy and will soon be president of the world or whatever.

I've never bought your line of bull, and I am not going to start now. The time you spent typing your response would be wasted.

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

KingZombie
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:23:27 PM

Sorry to see you go, Don. "You either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Winking
Atilla2k
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 6:31:34 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicuniversity wrote:

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHAHAHHAHAHAHAHaHaHa!Laughing Party

jrpeevyhouse
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:32:36 PM

I wonder how many of these people complaining picked the free shipping option, like I did. While I have been waiting since April 2, I have bought from him before and, even without a sale going on, he was no speed demon in getting me my stuff. BUT....BUT...that being said, my order had everything that I ordered and the shipping was, after all, FREE. In other words, I didn't order anything I HAD TO HAVE RIGHT NOW and am just sitting back waiting patiently for my books to get here.
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:34:02 PM

jrpeevyhouse wrote:
I wonder how many of these people complaining picked the free shipping option, like I did. While I have been waiting since April 2, I have bought from him before and, even without a sale going on, he was no speed demon in getting me my stuff. BUT....BUT...that being said, my order had everything that I ordered and the shipping was, after all, FREE. In other words, I didn't order anything I HAD TO HAVE RIGHT NOW and am just sitting back waiting patiently for my books to get here.

I paid for shipping when he re-opened for variants only and got comics in few days. The 2 orders I placed on his 15cent sale are still pending and opted for free shipping but I knew it would be long wait and not too worried. I just bought stuff I might like to read or for my kids to read so no hurries on my end, and know my orders are some of the last so sure they still have a while, lol. I was kind of bummed when the only variant I really needed for my collection was missing from variant order but Don said he would try to find for next order or refund. Would prefer the variant but oh well will have to wait to finish that series.

I think a lot of the complaints are other store owners who bought hundreds of dollars worth of 15cent books to throw right on ccl and make bank.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:59:56 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I didn't buy any from him during the sale....I know where lives.....I'll swing by any take any that I needDevil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil Devil

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics