what other hobbies do you enjoy? Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 8:47:36 PM

Groups: Member

Xylob wrote:
kisstour03 wrote:
...Does driving my wife nuts count as a hobby Big Grin
Absolutely!
It's one of my favorites and I can't believe I didn't list it earlier.
Also add to the list: tormenting the dogs (mentally/emotionally) - it's just so easy messing with their little brains. And they always come back for more!

I do this too...but with my kids. Devil

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 10:36:21 PM

kisstour03 wrote:
Hobbies besides collecting and reading comics. Good topic.

Toy collecting is a favorite. I try to focus, but my short attention span "forces" me to collect whatever I think looks neat that day. Vintage Star Wars, Marvel and DC figures, Mego, POP! vinyl figures, bootleg Star Wars figures. It's all over the map.

I really love skeet shooting along with a bit of trap and sporting clays thrown in. Just recently got back to the skeet club after a years layoff from it. We bought our first house back in July last year, so that took up some free time and cash. After years of beating myself up with 12 gauge guns I discovered the 28 gauge a few years ago. The pain level went down and the scores went up.

I also love collecting and watching DVDs. Espically old horror and sci-fi. Currently watching my complete series of The Twilight Zone.

I enjoy a good book also.

Does driving my wife nuts count as a hobby Big Grin

i used a 28 when i was younger teenager. I use a 10 gauge now. i dont need need it... but why use it ya know? if i was shooting skeet i'd used a 28 for sure though.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Xylob
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 6:58:08 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Shadowdodger wrote:
Xylob wrote:

Also add to the list: tormenting the dogs (mentally/emotionally) - it's just so easy messing with their little brains. And they always come back for more!

I do this too...but with my kids. Devil
Where's the ball?
I know he threw the ball. Didn't he? I swear he threw the ball! Where's the ball?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
HeavyHog
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 11:23:11 PM

Love this thread.

I used to work at a video game magazine so of course video games are something I can't let go of.

I collect; knives, coins, guns, comics and kids...my wife and I have six and one on the way.

So mostly I collect kids. And debt...plenty of debt...
CFGuy
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:28:12 PM

My primary hobby is aquariums. I have 14 of them ranging from an 8 gallon all the way up to a 110 gallon. All but 1 is freshwater. I just got a bio-cube 28 gallon a month ago that I am doing salt water.
My first aquarium was when I saved up my money in high school and bought an used aquarium. Man, I feel old, that was in the late 70s.

Comics I have been collecting since the early 70s. My uncle got me started reading comics and when he went off to college he gave me his collection. I got an almost complete run of Adventure comics from when the Legion Of Super Heroes was in it. Issue 301 to 380. I pretty much have every Legion comic since then.

Home Automation. I use a program called HomeSeer. I can control lights, ask for the weather forecast. I get spoken reminders of TV shows, calendar events. I have control of the door locks on the front and back doors. The locks use a numeric code to allow entry. I get text messages on my phone whenever someone enters their code.
Future things will be to control my HVAC thermostat and window blinds.

Maybe, someday, I will find a hobby that isn't expensive. lol

--
Jeff

My current subscriptions:
Justice League, Justice League Of America, Legion Of Super Heroes
Doctor Who Classics, Doctor Who Ongoing, Doctor Who Prisoners of Time,
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:42:35 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

I pick a little guitar and write some songs...

www.reverbnation.com/kevinwhitten
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:57:22 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

CFGuy wrote:
Home Automation. I use a program called HomeSeer. I can control lights, ask for the weather forecast. I get spoken reminders of TV shows, calendar events. I have control of the door locks on the front and back doors. The locks use a numeric code to allow entry. I get text messages on my phone whenever someone enters their code.
Future things will be to control my HVAC thermostat and window blinds.

Do you ever have to ask HAL to open the pod bay doors?

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 6:58:12 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

My biggest hobby right now is playing frisbee golf.

I'm not the best, I started too late so the younger players can throw it farther than me and the guys my age throw it better but I still like the competition and exercise. I play with some really cool people and I just try to improve my own game.

The coolest thing about it is that I learned how to throw left-handed a couple of years ago after injuring my right arm. It's pretty much the only thing I can do lefty and I usually get a few comments from people that I don't know.

Whenever the girlfriend and I travel we always try to find a new course to try out. So far we've played disc golf in about ten different states. Funtimes!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 8:25:47 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
My biggest hobby right now is playing frisbee golf.

I'm not the best, I started too late so the younger players can throw it farther than me and the guys my age throw it better but I still like the competition and exercise. I play with some really cool people and I just try to improve my own game.

The coolest thing about it is that I learned how to throw left-handed a couple of years ago after injuring my right arm. It's pretty much the only thing I can do lefty and I usually get a few comments from people that I don't know.

Whenever the girlfriend and I travel we always try to find a new course to try out. So far we've played disc golf in about ten different states. Funtimes!

Let me know if you ever make it to my neck of the woods. There's a course about a mile from my house (right near my LCS actually). I've never played but it looks like fun.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
Khaine
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:27:03 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I used to be a "gamer" but, that was when gamer meant D&D and warhammer.

I'm selling off all my mini's and other stuff on ebay now, which in turn I buy comics.

I like to draw when I'm not reading comics or insuring my kids are not killing one another.
rook68
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 12:26:01 AM

I play regular golf and do some D&D on the side.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:05:53 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

Video Gaming, travelling, car tinkering and Home renos. That's pretty much what I do outside of work and comics.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 9:14:51 PM

kevscomics wrote:
I pick a little guitar and write some songs...

www.reverbnation.com/kevinwhitten

i play a lil guitar myself. not as much as i did when i was kid. nice songs by way. not much of a lyrics writer myself

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

Brainiac5
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 11:44:05 PM

Classic TV, trivia ( I write pub trivia for money), 80s alternative music. I host a show on a local community radio station. I collect old trivia books and old TV guides (pre-1981).
roguesquad
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:09:09 PM

Brainiac5 wrote:
Classic TV, trivia ( I write pub trivia for money

That's cool, I love trivia night.

All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
ratrapp
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:55:02 AM

I collect a few guns,love to bow shoot and occasionally dragrace when there is a quick8 shootout.
jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:27:28 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
I use to enjoy having sex as a hobby, but then I got married and had to give it up.

ahh, don't we all.

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
jhorsley3
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:49:58 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Great topic.

My greatest joy is anything with my kids. I have 4 of them (5 in December) so anything I can do with them from playing Legos, to video games, to playing with dolls with my daughters I love.

I also enjoy watching movies and knowing stupid trivia about the movie to tell everyone.

I enjoy Trivia of all sorts. I don't know a super amount on any one subject, but I know some about a whole lot of subjects.

Music...I play guitar, bass and drums. Played bass professionally for about 5 years recording and touring. Don't play as much as I used to these days due to a shoulder injury.

Art...I draw and write. I draw comics (even published a few times), do paintings. Been writing a book for the last 10 years...someday I will finish it.

home improvements... since I bought my house in Sept 2011 I very much enjoy knocking a wall out, or putting a wall in, to make the house more to what I want it to be.

computers...I enjoy programming and working on computers. I work in the software field for a great company outside of Seattle that basically lets me do what I want all day long.

working out...I love the feeling after a work out. Though I'm not doing it as much as I want right now due to my shoulder, I do miss it.

I think that's about all.

Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics