Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
will definately not be keeping the store open...still processing and shipping orders though Options
b0bafett
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:04:14 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Guru, Member

Joined: 2/23/2007
Posts: 1,449
Points: 4,629
So what your saying is from 2007 Don was scamming everyone?

If you ask me a small part of the blame could be pointed at ccl for not stepping in keeping this from getting so bad out of hand.

I also agree with Ibej instead of everyone coming here to point the finger or saying I tried to warn you get back on topic of warning people/sites about Don.



Reggie
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:07:23 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,868
Points: 33,161
Location: Florida
b0bafett wrote:
So what your saying is from 2007 Don was scamming everyone?

If you ask me a small part of the blame could be pointed at ccl for not stepping in keeping this from getting so bad out of hand.

I also agree with Ibej instead of everyone coming here to point the finger or saying I tried to warn you get back on topic of warning people/sites about Don.





+1



comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:28:25 PM
Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Moderator

Joined: 4/18/2012
Posts: 1,276
Points: 4,603
b0bafett wrote:
So what your saying is from 2007 Don was scamming everyone?

If you ask me a small part of the blame could be pointed at ccl for not stepping in keeping this from getting so bad out of hand.

I also agree with Ibej instead of everyone coming here to point the finger or saying I tried to warn you get back on topic of warning people/sites about Don.






You must've just skimmed over a lot of what I actually said, to come to that conclusion.

Flagwaver
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:01:38 PM

Rank: Eternal
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/2/2010
Posts: 201
Points: 29,828
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Sent a message over a week ago asking for a refund for the three missing books. Finally got a reply today - "we are still checking through our stock, we have over 200,000 books here. lol we will be refunding you for any missing issues once we have exhausted all attempts to locate them." Needless to say, I won't be holding my breath. Fortunately, the cost of the books is insignificant to me, unlike others who have lost a lot.
pottersan
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:07:17 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 9/28/2007
Posts: 4,476
Points: 44,290
Location: Bainbridge Island, Washington
Flagwaver wrote:
Sent a message over a week ago asking for a refund for the three missing books. Finally got a reply today - "we are still checking through our stock, we have over 200,000 books here. lol we will be refunding you for any missing issues once we have exhausted all attempts to locate them." Needless to say, I won't be holding my breath. Fortunately, the cost of the books is insignificant to me, unlike others who have lost a lot.
Hmmm... seems cheaper to refund the comics than spend the manhours hunting 3 comics......

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!



Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:54:38 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Joined: 1/30/2008
Posts: 14,988
Points: 425,646
Location: New Jersey
pottersan wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:
Sent a message over a week ago asking for a refund for the three missing books. Finally got a reply today - "we are still checking through our stock, we have over 200,000 books here. lol we will be refunding you for any missing issues once we have exhausted all attempts to locate them." Needless to say, I won't be holding my breath. Fortunately, the cost of the books is insignificant to me, unlike others who have lost a lot.
Hmmm... seems cheaper to refund the comics than spend the manhours hunting 3 comics......
It's even cheaper to keep the money and the books and give you nothing, which seems to be what they are doing.



The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar


jmbarnes101
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:04:36 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/2/2012
Posts: 62
Points: 186
Only took 3 months but one of my orders shipped yesterday. Yay!!! Now I just need two more and we're all set.
Atilla2k
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 3:39:57 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 10/8/2007
Posts: 1,566
Points: 93,765
Location: NY
lbej wrote:
I just filed a mail fraud complaint against Don Flores with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service... If anyone else is interested, information about mail fraud and online claim forms are available here:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/investigations/mailfraud/mailfraud.aspx


Just wanted to keep this link easy to find, I suggest everyone who got screwed (even just a lil') file a claim against him! Don't let the criminal scum get away with it!

comicscastle wrote:
It's even cheaper to keep the money and the books and give you nothing, which seems to be what they are doing.


Yep.


robofan78
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 9:56:55 PM
Rank: Supporting Cast
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/31/2009
Posts: 28
Points: 1,337
lbej wrote:
robofan78 wrote:
Honestly, I think all the people on here that are being nasty and complaining about Don by calling him a crook, plus now filing mail fraud against him, probably made him say screw it and walk away. I understand the frustration, he should have just cancelled the orders and sent refunds when he realized it was too much.


This is a ridiculous and offensive thing to say to those of us who've lost money. I never said 'ship my books right now or else,' and I went out of my way to make clear that the shipping delay in itself wasn't an issue for me. I gave Don chance after chance to respond, and over two months he never even read my PMs. I never said one 'nasty' thing that was not, by definition, factually accurate. I filed mail fraud charges because I had no other recourse and I'm not willing to let him take my money and hope he decides one day to do the right thing. If that's your attitude, so be it, but you have no business lecturing those of us who refuse to take this lying down.

You're right that he should have cancelled the orders and issued refunds. He chose not to. No one 'made him' walk away from his commitments. No one 'made him' ship partial orders, promise refunds, and then disappear. I'm not calling you an idiot--I don't know you--but that is an idiotic thing to say.


that's offensive to those who lost money? did you not read the part right after where I never received 3 of my orders and had missing books out of the others I did receive? Good luck with the whole mail fraud thing...I sold something on ebay where the girl used a different last name through paypal, signed up for ebay and bought a ton of stuff and then turned around and claimed she never bought it and I was charged back $118...she signed for the item with a different last name than what she had on file...I filed a claim and got nowhere. That right there was more mail fraud than what Don did. He never shipped the items so technically it never involved the mail. Just like you can pay the post office to do a job but they can't guarantee they will do it correctly unless you pay extra for insurance...they don't care unless it's them losing money.
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:33:34 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,483
Points: 10,314
robofan78 wrote:
He never shipped the items so technically it never involved the mail.


Hmmmm, that's an interesting point. If Lee paid for postage on his order, and didn't recieve what he paid for, I would consider this to qualify as mail fraud. If, OTOH, it was an order that was free postage, you may have a valid argument.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

lbej
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 6:02:03 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 311
Points: 933
Location: North Carolina
robofan78 wrote:
He never shipped the items so technically it never involved the mail.


I received this reply already:
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. The information you provided has been entered into our national Fraud Complaint System. Your reference number is C#1663141. If we need more information, you will be contacted directly. Please hold on to any original documents related to your complaint.

A false promise to deliver a product using the US mail constitutes mail fraud. That's the law. Why would you even think that promising to deliver a product through the mail and failing to do so doesn't involve the mail? In your example you were the seller, not the buyer. These cases are not the same, and your silly defense of your first, indefensible call to inaction makes you look more ridiculous, not less.

I understand that it's unlikely that Don will be prosecuted based on my complaint alone, and that's why it's important that others file claims as well. When USPS sees a pattern of fraud they're more likely to pursue legal action.

Where you're even more short-sighted is in noting that the USPS isn't likely to do anything that doesn't get them money, but failing to follow that argument to its conclusion. If they prosecute, they get money, because if Don is fined, they keep those fines. That's how government enforcement works: the victims get justice (such as it is) and the government collects the fines. That's also why civil suits almost always follow criminal prosecution when the criminal is wealthy.

The fact that you lost money and are choosing to do nothing about it makes you an example of what NOT to do. Don may get away with this anyway, but if all his victims adopt your attitude, he definitely will.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
lbej
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 6:12:15 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 311
Points: 933
Location: North Carolina
4saken1 wrote:
Hmmmm, that's an interesting point. If Lee paid for postage on his order, and didn't recieve what he paid for, I would consider this to qualify as mail fraud. If, OTOH, it was an order that was free postage, you may have a valid argument.


My 'paying postage' has nothing to do with it, because all the funds went to Don and he decided whether to pay postage or not. I didn't pay postage--I paid Don. I didn't get 'free shipping' because I didn't get anything.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, 4saken. Victims have nothing to lose by filing claims. Nothing. Why do anything to discourage victims from taking action? Why try to confuse them? This is not an academic debate, and your cavalier approach to it is as damaging as robofan's victim-bashing. I've bought from you several times in the past, but if this 'argument' seems 'valid' to you and you think it's worth supporting, I can't support your business going forward.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
4saken1
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 10:34:49 AM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,483
Points: 10,314
lbej wrote:
My 'paying postage' has nothing to do with it, because all the funds went to Don and he decided whether to pay postage or not. I didn't pay postage--I paid Don. I didn't get 'free shipping' because I didn't get anything.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here, 4saken. Victims have nothing to lose by filing claims. Nothing. Why do anything to discourage victims from taking action? Why try to confuse them? This is not an academic debate, and your cavalier approach to it is as damaging as robofan's victim-bashing. I've bought from you several times in the past, but if this 'argument' seems 'valid' to you and you think it's worth supporting, I can't support your business going forward.


I didn't mean to imply that you weren't wronged, Lee. I fully believe that you should be compensated for your loss. I'm just not sure if the Postal Service will ultimately decide in your favor on this one if you didn't, in fact, pay for any postage. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am! I doubt my comments here will have any effect of the verdict.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

lbej
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 11:54:11 AM

Rank: Large Noggin
Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

Joined: 6/7/2009
Posts: 311
Points: 933
Location: North Carolina
4saken1 wrote:
I doubt my comments here will have any effect of the verdict.


Your comments could have an effect on the willingness of other victims to file claims, and you continue to miss the point. The distinction between whether I 'paid for postage' or not is artificial. The price paid is the price paid, period. As I'm sure you realize, a seller can build the cost of shipping into the price of merchandise and offer free shipping, or lower prices and charge shipping fees, with the net economic--and legal--effect being entirely the same. It is also not a question of the USPS 'deciding in my favor,' because this is not an arbitration process like filing a Paypal claim. This is a criminal process, and the USPS has to decide whether to prosecute or not, something they will only do if more victims file claims. I won't pretend to know what their threshold is, but I resent very much the misinformation and faulty logic you and robofan are pushing, because it harms everyone if even one wronged buyer believes your baseless nonsense and decides to do nothing.

Again, why you would go out of your way to argue this point at all is bewildering. You've lost my business permanently.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
4saken1
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 12:44:52 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 8/13/2007
Posts: 2,483
Points: 10,314
lbej wrote:
This is a criminal process, and the USPS has to decide whether to prosecute or not, something they will only do if more victims file claims. I won't pretend to know what their threshold is, but I resent very much the misinformation and faulty logic you and robofan are pushing, because it harms everyone if even one wronged buyer believes your baseless nonsense and decides to do nothing.


Actually, Lee, another circumstance that the USPS will choose not to go ahead with this is if they don't feel they have a solid case. Just because somebody posts something you don't like, doesn't make it baseless. Secondly, despite your need to villainize anybody who doesn't post happy thoughts, I hardly think the lack of participation in your case has anything to do with what myself or robofan has posted.

lbej wrote:
Again, why you would go out of your way to argue this point at all is bewildering.


I feel you misinterpreted what I was trying to say; that you feel I am somehow defending Don. I'm not! I fully encourage anybody to go after him to recover any money they lost. For those who will only file a claim if their success is 100% guaranteed, I apologize for posting something that put any doubt in your mind as to the outcome of this criminal procceeding. The court will undoubtedly rule in your favor, force Don to bake you each a cake, and give every one of you a pony!

lbej wrote:
You've lost my business permanently.


As you've stated before! I appreciate all of your former business, but I can't be the cowed seller that you would like me to be.

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Jim
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 1:34:51 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Hi guys, I'm going to lock this (perhaps temporarily) and let cooler heads prevail. It's starting to take a nasty turn and I don't want to see good folks get caught up in negative emotional haste. Furthermore, the conversation has actually drifted significantly from the original topic.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.302 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241