Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Hanger Hook vs Peg Hook Options
monidaw1
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 7:23:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Is this really considered a Variant distinction here or are we going with if the caption doesn't specify it can be either? It appears most of the X-men 5" Action Figures have peg hook images but a few like Archangel are making the distinction. It looks like all these I've got are Hanger Hooks meaning new variants for every single one if that's what you want.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

Xylob
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 7:36:19 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I'm tellin' ya man - toy nerds are a totally different breed from comic nerds.
What kind of card the toy is on can make a HUGE difference in the secondary market, but it all depends on the toy line in question.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
monidaw1
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 7:46:35 PM

Shop at My Store

I was afraid you'd say that. Sometime tonight I'll have a batch of new Variants going up with the only change being the Hanger Hook added to the caption and the image from what exists.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 8:34:18 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'll back up what Xylob said. I sell a lot of toys, mostly loose, but I have had experiences with customers wanting not just the figure - but the specific card it's on.

All cards are not created equal and I have come across several people who are very picky about which one they get. It's comparable to comics in the sense that certain issues have multiple variations, some so minor as to be hard to detect. Such as the whole newsstand / direct edition debate. To the untrained eye they appear to be the same but those toy nerds know the difference!

Good luck with your find!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

monidaw1
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:29:19 AM

Shop at My Store

Home stretch for most of it now. Just waiting on a moderator to approve those hanger hook variants and a couple that had different color accessories.

monidaw1
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 7:05:17 PM

Shop at My Store

What's the official version here? Hanger Hook going to be a CCL Variant or start listing by the existing Variants?

monidaw1
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:33:23 AM

Shop at My Store

Since we can't get an answer to what sounds like a really simple question after over a month lets try a new question.

What do you want to call this?

It's obviously a Newsstand Edition of the Invalidated $1.95 Z Variant which has a pointer directing to the $2.50 A Variant. That tells me that this Variant was probably offered Direct and Newsstand at the same price.

One indicia scan to verify we're in the correct title and issue number.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa347/williambyrlpricejr/luindicia001_zps2adbaad1.jpg

And just in case anyone want's to says it's just the flip side cover of the A Variant ( or B Variant which would have made more sense based on the cover price) like the different cover price and Newsstand barcode alone wasn't enough to show it's not, here's a look at the flip covers opened up and spread out on the scanner.

Enquiring minds want to know. Wall

BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:53:15 AM

Groups: Member

The one you posted is the standard cover that came with a coupon for Lost Universe 0 - the one with the flying lion has a bound in trading card instead of a coupon and the flying lion direct version is the only one at 2.25 cover while all the rest of the Lost Universe (direct or newstand) had a 1.95 cover including the newstand version of the flying lion it came as a 1.95 cover and no card if I remember correctly. Also the flying lion has no flip-cover either.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:16:13 AM

Shop at My Store

Thank you for the response. You're saying the same thing I concluded it sounds like, that the invalidated Z Variant was the standard issue and should have been the C Variant which was offered in both Newsstand and Direct at the same price while the A and B Variants with their flying lion covers were offered at different prices and that the A and B flying lion covers had this cover without the bar code as their flip cover while the Z Variant has the "Trying not to crash the space ship" cover as the flip side cover.

So in this case we should do what the other stores are doing and list the item by the Z Variant and include a note about it being a Newsstand Edition in the market notes and since I've already done the scanning part, a nice link to the front cover scan in the market notes also.

More research finished.

CPG
http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-issues.aspx?0qg7rCmBzOw5g45HhuEdJpTTyiadJOYLt6kYUeIfdn4%3d

Denver
http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=51512882368&snumber=1

Lonestar
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=138611

Seem to agree with you also that there are two Variant Covers for the Coupon and Trading Card.

AA is also listing both Variants
http://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/titledetail.aspx?TitleID=5975

Though if you check the wording on the "Trying not to crash the spaceship" cover's description it says trading card even though their image scan shows "Coupon" worded clearly on the cover.

So it appears that only CCL is claiming it doesn't exist/ is invalid.
Ooh

Now if I could just figure out how to buld a lot with a Violator Action Figure, a Trading Card and a Spawn reprint comic since they're all packaged together neatly I could empty the submission box, it's just throwing me how to Lot across 3 categories at once. Think

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:48:58 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

monidaw1 wrote:

So in this case we should do what the other stores are doing and list the item by the Z Variant and include a note about it being a Newsstand Edition in the market notes and since I've already done the scanning part, a nice link to the front cover scan in the market notes also.

Please do not purposely list the Z-INVALID issue for sale. Unfortunately, as part of the update that gave us the ability to mark issues Z-INVALID, it also keeps us from reusing them as valid issues.

If this truly is a legit variant (and I haven't checked all your links nor can I follow what you wrote), then it will most likely need to be added as a new variant.

BruceReville
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:15:56 PM

Groups: Member

1.95 Standard Flip Cover W/Coupon

2.25 Direct W/Bound In Card

1.95 Newstand W/O Bound In Card but coupon instead

3 variants for Gene Rodenberry's Lost Universe 4 - the standard flip is listed z-invalid on the site and needs correcting

Also it was for Technophage 0 Steel Edition not Lost Universe 0 (Says it right on the cover - Lol)

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!