Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Complain about CCL thread Options
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:49:24 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:

I came away from the phone call feeling like they have made some massive mistakes since the original launch in 2008...
Did anybody happen to get the feeling that they have actually learned from their mistakes?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
pottersan
Posted: Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:45:32 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

I came away from the phone call feeling like they have made some massive mistakes since the original launch in 2008...
Did anybody happen to get the feeling that they have actually learned from their mistakes?
I'd say yes, judging by Steve and Joe's admissions.

They could have side stepped some things or even not mention things that had not been brought up ( on the call anyway).

I feel better about everything.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
freakdylan
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 8:34:55 AM

Groups: Member

Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

Well the mistakes they admitted to, YES. The ones they didnt, NO.

I came away from the call thinking they really do want CCL to succeed and the new one to succeed even more then current version. I think they also have a well thought out business plan on what "THEY" want, which may be a problem, but wont know until is finished. I saw several problems with the business model they outlined but with a year of work to do it may change.

I am hoping for the best and will have to wait and see.

Hopefully once this project comes closer to completion they will decide to do away with the secrecy part and start discussing here openly so problems can be fixed before, rather then after.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 10:01:18 AM

freakdylan wrote:
...I think they also have a well thought out business plan on what "THEY" want, which may be a problem, but wont know until is finished. I saw several problems with the business model they outlined but with a year of work to do it may change...
Hey, a vendor dictating the customers needs/wants is always a great business model - just look at $ony and Micro$osft!
Making an emotionally volatile teenager the face of your company is a great idea too, especially when he has a tendency to very publicly call paying customers whiney b!tches.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

spacecitycomics
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:25:04 PM

Thought the call went ok, butt I came prepared.

SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 12:59:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Thank you Joe and Steve for the intimate Monday version of the call with me, Phil, Xylob and Howie.

Some good info about the past, present and future was shared (both ways) and I look forward to everyone doing there part to get us to the next iteration of CCL sometime next year.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 1:23:29 PM

For the most part my concerns and questions have been addressed on at least some level.

Except for one: marketing and promotion.
I specifically asked what CCL/goLoco/MidTen is currently doing to actively market and promote CCL.
I learned a lot about what has been done in past years and what they would like to do in the future.
Phbbbbt
Regardless, Steve said that from this point forward he will be happy to work with anybody here who is going to a Con that CCL can't make it to.
If you're going to a convention or event, let Steve know!!
He will work with you to get you a T-shirt, flyers, business cards &/or other CCL swag that you can use as an exhibitor or attendee to help promote CCL.

We have all listed off a great many things that CCL needs, but chief among them is cold hard cash.
None of those other things are going to happen without dollars first.
So take Steve to task and hold him to what he said.
The next time you go to a Con, have Steve send you some promotional materials first.

DO IT!

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

red_k_comics
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:15:33 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:

He will work with you to get you a T-shirt, flyers, business cards &/or other CCL swag that you can use as an exhibitor or attendee to help promote CCL.

What about getting us some of these things (specifically business cards/flyers) to include with books we sell through other venues? Whether I sell a book here, or on that other site I always include one of our business cards. I'd love to include a CCL card or flyer when I sell books elsewhere.

Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:21:19 PM

Hit him up! I know they've made these available to sellers in the past.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

Joe
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:28:53 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

SwiftMann wrote:
Thank you Joe and Steve for the intimate Monday version of the call with me, Phil, Xylob and Howie.

Some good info about the past, present and future was shared (both ways) and I look forward to everyone doing there part to get us to the next iteration of CCL sometime next year.

Appreciate your time as well. Thanks.

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:35:44 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

red_k_comics wrote:
Xylob wrote:

What about getting us some of these things (specifically business cards/flyers) to include with books we sell through other venues? Whether I sell a book here, or on that other site I always include one of our business cards. I'd love to include a CCL card or flyer when I sell books elsewhere.

Just made an official thread about this in the NEWS AND EVENTS on how to request some - basically just PM me your request as well as your shipping address to make it easy on me!

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:40:55 PM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in the phone calls these last 2 days. We appreciate you guys taking time to call in, chime in and let Joe know the skinny.

Applause

BruceReville
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 2:52:09 PM

East Bay Comics still won't have a buy 1 get 10 free sale Angry

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 5:24:49 PM

Have you asked them? Don't wait for them to take the initiative - take it yourself.
And make it buy 1 get 20 while you're at it.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

43rdStreetComicBooks
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 7:18:08 PM

Well Im still a bit in the dark didnt make it in time for whole CC on sunday and being home alone with my 6 year old sun n mon wasnt able to make the mon one so still have a bunch of unanswered questions.

From what I did hear and if Im interpreting it right, again I got in halfway thru sun CC, from my perspective it doesnt look good for either buyers or sellers especially.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convince the world he didn't exist"

www.43rdstreetmtgcards.com

www.43rdstreetcomicbooks.com

Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 9:39:35 PM

It would seem that patience is the key at this point.
Unfortunately mine is getting pretty worn out and I fear others are in the same situation.
I'll stick it out as long as I can.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:50:02 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

So then basically what I'm hearing is that the phone call was again a bunch of promises and hot air, and saying good things come to those with patience.

...good thing I didn't waste my long-distance fees to hear more of what we've already heard for the last few years.

Let's hope for all you guys that are buying this, that they don't decide to open up yet another business in the meantime.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:26:31 PM

BurningDoom wrote:

Let's hope for all you guys that are buying this, that they don't decide to open up yet another business in the meantime.

They already said they were, 1st is the used game site then CCL. So keep spending your money here and fund that game site Devil

Ok let me try not to let out any secrets Angel

One of the things that baffled me is they say one thing but they are doing another. They have a proven company that generates a positive cash flow. Yet they are using said money to build (in my mind) a cool platform. But instead of 1st building a new CCL (the money maker) they are building a game site 1st, then a new CCL. Seems kind of backwards to me.

I really got the impression they are trying to build the NEXT big thing, that ISN'T comics, then later they will build the CCL. Plus with the platform they are building it really wouldnt matter which came first, so why not CCL? Why are they ignoring this site for something that may never amount to anything.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:35:20 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

freakdylan wrote:

I really got the impression they are trying to build the NEXT big thing, that ISN'T comics, then later they will build the CCL. Plus with the platform they are building it really wouldnt matter which came first, so why not CCL? Why are they ignoring this site for something that may never amount to anything.

That's kinda my thought as well. Really, a game site? Now? Seems 5 to 7 years (at minimum) too late. What's next? A Movies on Beta collecting site? Laser Disk?

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:52:40 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

scotteaves wrote:
freakdylan wrote:

That's kinda my thought as well. Really, a game site? Now? Seems 5 to 7 years (at minimum) too late. What's next? A Movies on Beta collecting site? Laser Disk?

Because video games are obsolete like Beta is?

Video games make more money than comics or movies.

I'm in agreement that they should focus on their existing product that needs tuning before turning to other projects. But I don't agree that it's because video games are somehow irrelevant.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here