Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
What Was The Last Movie/Anime You Watched? Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:41:38 PM

Groups: Member

Recently watched:

The Island - Yes, the Michael Bay movie. I don't care, I love this movie. I've seen it quite a few times and I enjoy it every time.

Prometheus - Having never watched an Alien movie I thought I'd start at the "beginning". I liked it a lot and can't wait to move on to Alien.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:43:10 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Shadowdodger wrote:
Prometheus - Having never watched an Alien movie I thought I'd start at the "beginning". I liked it a lot and can't wait to move on to Alien.

I'm glad somebody else did. I loved it. But I just see everyone bashing it everywhere.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:17:52 PM

The Iron Giant - Another movie I've seen numerous times. I just love this film - definitely in my Top 5. A touching story about a boy and his robot. I can't wait for it to get a proper blu-ray release so I can upgrade my DVD.

frank666
Posted: Sunday, September 22, 2013 9:01:01 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:

I'm glad somebody else did. I loved it. But I just see everyone bashing it everywhere.

I can only agree with you. One of the best SCI-FI in years. I have already watched it twice and still think it is brilliant. Can't wait for the sequel.
kisstour03
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:01:01 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

Watched a few to pass the time yesterday.

Dune- I had never seen this one. I wasn't blown away and I didn't totally hate it. It'll take another viewing to pass judgment on.

The Monolith Monsters- I love this 1957 sci-fi cheese fest.

The Incredible Shrinking Man- Another 50s epic. Always makes me smile.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:38:28 PM

Last night I watched A Sound of Thunder. I watched it back in 2005 when it was new and kind of liked it so I thought I'd give it another viewing. The acting is OK, the story is pretty good actually, but the SFX are abysmal. They feel dated and it's not even 10 years old yet.

Atilla2k
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:54:48 AM

Groups: Approver, Member

Oz the Great & Powerful, good prequel/retcon. I enjoyed it & Bruce Campbell was in it to boot!Big Grin

BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 12:08:29 PM

Watched G.I. Joe Retaliation last night. A complete waste of time.

The first G.I. Joe movie wasn't a masterpiece, by any means. But it was a fun, cheesy, action-flick to watch. Retalliation didn't have that charm going for it. It just seemed like something for Rock to pose and show-off in.

BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 6:23:09 PM

Starring Liam Neeson (Taken, Batman Begins, Clash of the Titans), directed by Sam Raimi (Evil Dead movies and Spider-Man movies). And it even looked great, visually.

So you'd think it would have been a great movie.

It wasn't. All the characters were cardboard cut-outs with no depth at all. And frankly, the decisions they made in the film made absolutely no sense. So it was hard to take any of it seriously.

Skip this one.

Xylob
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 6:49:32 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Just watched Skyline, Tron, and Tron: Legacy.
Skyline was one of the worst wastes of time I've seen in a long time - what a horrible movie... cool SFX though.
Tron was really kind of boring. I remember all the hype when it originally came out but never got to see it until now.
Tron: Legacy was pretty sweet and a great follow-up/sequel. However, the SFX for CLU were not very good and kind of off-putting. Maybe it looked better on the big screen than it does on BluRay?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BurningDoom
Posted: Monday, October 21, 2013 11:34:46 PM

Pretty good if you're into anthologies. It really captured the feel of those old horror comics. Perfect for Halloween viewing.

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:44:38 AM

Been laid up from surgery so...
DeathProof: pretty good, made me laugh and had some sweet cars.
Planet Terror: hilarious.

Dreamscape: a great movie with, good writing, excellent acting, and awesome SFX for the time period.

Anvil! The Story of Anvil: an excellent documentary about an obscure but incredibly influential Canadian metal band that never got the breaks they deserved. If you like metal I strongle recommend watching this.

Alien Planet: a docu-drama from the Discovery Channel. A bit goofy and far-fetched.

A Dirty Shame: just freakin' odd...

I Love You Phillip Morris: Ewan McGregor and Jim Carrey in a true story movie that just about nobody has ever heard of. This was a great movie with some really funny parts and a lot of tugging at the heart strings. The main character really is kind of a bad person, but you keep finding yourself rooting for him...

Death Race: A great re-imagining of the classic. I really liked this (had a solid Twisted Metal Black vibe to it) but I've heard that the sequels/prequels were terrible.

Forbidden Zone: a "musical comedy film based upon the stage performances of the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo.". Unwatchable garbage. I couldn't get through more than 30 minutes of this piece of convoluted self-indulgent crap.

DOA - Dead or Alive: good popcorn flick. Pretty people with lots of action and very little story, but still a fun watch.

My Name Is Bruce: forgettable and disappointing. I love Bruce Campbell, but this is a low point for his career (and THAT is saying a lot).

Semi-Pro: I can't stand Will Ferrel, but this one was pretty good. Funny with a good enough story to keep me watching. Woody Harrelson is great in everything he does.

The entire 1990s X-Men animated series: this got so much hype when it was on the air, but I rarely got to watch because of when it came on. I definitely understand the hype - this series was incridible! Compelling stories with great writing, high quality animation, and good voice acting. Until the final season that is, when it all turned to utter $h!t. I guess they found out they were getting cancelled and just stopped caring because suddenly half the voices were different people, characters started looking different and the animation was inconsistent, and the writing was just incomprehsible gibberish. Early in the final season the stories just stopped making sense and were pointless filler that had nothing to do with the previous 5 seasons.
Worst series ending EVER. Hell, even the 1990s Spider-Man being cancelled on a cliff-hanger was a better ending than this.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10:31:09 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Xylob wrote:

My Name Is Bruce: forgettable and disappointing. I love Bruce Campbell, but this is a low point for his career (and THAT is saying a lot).

Blasphemy! My Name Is Bruce is absolutely awesome! Guan-Di - the Chinese God of Bean Curd? Cave Alien II? Bruce "The Freaking Chin" Campbell? The folk band guys? Ha!Laughing

And here I thought we were friends...Sad

Quote:
Been laid up from surgery so...

Happy to hear you are recovering well!Party

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Hall Liquidations

Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:13:20 PM

Titan A.E. (2000)

For a movie that's 13 years old, I think it's held up really well. The animation doesn't feel dated to me. And with solid voice acting by Matt Damon, Drew Barrymore, Nathan Lane, Bill Pullman and John Leguizamo, how could you go wrong? It's a solid animated sci-fi adventure. Very underrated, similar to Disney's Treasure Planet.

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:26:18 AM

Battle: Los Angeles: I expected more of a sci-fi flick than an old skool war movie, but it was really good.

Also started in on The Adventures of Brisco County Jr - so far it's pretty good. Even the wife got pulled in when she came home and I was halfway through an ep. Picked the entire series up for $5(!!) at Costco.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:49:49 AM

Poltergeist and Army of Darkness

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

Xylob
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:08:31 AM

Escape From New York: OK, but not as cool as I remember it being when I was a kid.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:33:29 PM

Xylob wrote:
Escape From New York: OK, but not as cool as I remember it being when I was a kid.

I love that movie. Over-the-top? Yes, but in a good way.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 10:16:53 AM

Escape From LA: What a steaming pile...
Some of the worst SFX ever, bad writing, worse acting.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:00:11 PM

I just got back from my dad's house where I saw this.

The movie goes by a few titles, actually: "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie", "Don't Open the Window", and the title this particular copy went by "The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue".

The main-characters

Better than I expected actually. A great little zombie flick, especially considering the time of it's release (1973). A bit gorier than I expected, for the same reason. But I guess this was when Texas Chainsaw Massacre had just scared the piss out of everyone.

The beginning was a little slow to get into, but once things start happening, it's a pretty cool movie that delivers some great zombie scenes and gore scenes. And it's British (but I don't mind British horror movies).

Local farmers start using a new "envirnmentally safe" pest-control technology that uses ultra-sonic waves. It's designed to work on simple nervouse systems only, and drives the pests to kill each other. But unknown to everyone, it's also waking the local dead.

Once the first murder or two happens, two travellers passing through are pegged for the murders. Of course the police don't believe their story of the walking dead. The movie follows the two characters trying to escape the grip of the police and trying to survive the horror of the flesh-eating fiends.

If you're into zombie flicks, this one is worth checking out.