Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Problems adding NEW info to database Options
barney
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 7:26:25 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Not sure if anybody else is having problems with this. But at some point last night. I haven't been able to add new non existent info to the database. I can add stuff to the character Bio section and I can add to the other sections if the info is already in the database. However when I try to add a new character or artist, etc.. by pressing the green plus sign nothing happens. Just got home a little while ago tonight and wanted to add to some issues but since I'm unable to add all the info it's kind of annoying!!!!!!!!!! At Wits' End

padreglcc
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 7:33:15 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

Just tried adding new characters a couple of different ways and I saw the pop-up box every time I tried. May want to send an email to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive or send Steve a Facebook message. I suppose in the meantime you can send me the characters/credits you'd like to add and I can get in the DB for you.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
barney
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 7:52:09 PM

I did send Steve a PM on CCL, not sure when I'll get an answer that way I'll try sending him a message on Facebook

barney
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:03:42 PM

Just noticed I can't edit info either (by using the little notebook icon)At Wits' End At Wits' End

barney
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:20:19 PM

ok apparently problem solved, did get a hold of Steve! But while we were discussing the problem it apparently fixed itself???Confused Happy

padreglcc
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 8:29:15 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

barney wrote:
ok apparently problem solved, did get a hold of Steve! But while we were discussing the problem it apparently fixed itself???Confused Happy

Glad it's sorted out.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:44:29 AM

Groups: Member

barney wrote:
ok apparently problem solved, apparently fixed itself???Confused Happy

Thats the only way anything will get fixed around here! If it fixes itself, lol

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:52:48 AM

freakdylan wrote:
barney wrote:

Hey, Dylan. The sarcastic, whiny grumbling hiding behind "lol"s is getting old. You're dissatisfied with CCL management. We get it. Now go use your powers for good.

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:19:45 PM

padreglcc wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
barney wrote:

Hey, Dylan. The sarcastic, whiny grumbling hiding behind "lol"s is getting old. You're dissatisfied with CCL management. We get it. Now go use your powers for good.

Not whining or being sarcastic. Its a fact, and again if you dont like my posts ban me, ignore me or something besides complaining about my complaints.

Or better yet make me a MOD/Approver so my posts will be considered "OK" since you havent called out any of the approvers/mods on these very same boards for complaining. I use these boards, I contribute to these boards, and I spend my hard earned money on this site, so I am entitled to voice my opinion.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:23:38 PM

freakdylan wrote:
...Or better yet make me a MOD/Approver so my posts will be considered "OK" since you havent called out any of the approvers/mods on these very same boards for complaining...
Except you're really the only one still doing it... we've all accepted the fact that it does nothing and pretty much stopped wasting our time doing it.
freakdylan wrote:
...I contribute to these boards...
Please define the key word as you've used it here.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:32:30 PM

freakdylan wrote:
I am entitled to voice my opinion.

Yes, you absolutely are.

freakdylan wrote:
ignore me or something besides complaining about my complaints.

Whoa, so you're entitled to voice your opinion but I'm not?

This is the last I will say about this matter: We all wish that some things were different around CCL. Most of us are not in a position to effect actual change. What all of us are in a position to do is be either negative or positive. One, I believe, will drive people away from the boards, while the other will foster community regardless of whether or not CCL makes substantial changes. I have decided to choose to be positive.

Having said that, Dylan, if I have actually offended you through expressing my opinion, I deeply regret that you are offended. I don't regret expressing my opinion, but I do regret that it caused you emotional pain and hurt. I look forward to contributing to the boards alongside you for a long time to come, hopefully in a positive and productive way.

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:39:00 PM

Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
...Or better yet make me a MOD/Approver so my posts will be considered "OK" since you havent called out any of the approvers/mods on these very same boards for complaining...
Except you're really the only one still doing it... we've all accepted the fact that it does nothing and pretty much stopped wasting our time doing it.

Really?

Jan 3rd

Xylob wrote:

CCL doesn't have an app that would let me share such info!'

Dec 25th

Xylob wrote:
the never-ending (banned)ing click-click-clicking that was supposedly fixed 4 (banned)ing years ago with version 3.1.3.0 of the CCL desktop software.....

Again as I pointed out, thats ok for the great and powerful (banned)ing XYLOB to (banned) and moan! So why dont you practice what you preach and stop complaining as well. CCL will never be fixed, it will always clickity clack, so get over it!

Xylob wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
...I contribute to these boards...
Please define the key word as you've used it here.

As per Google:
con·trib·ute
give (something, esp. money) in order to help achieve or provide something.

I pay my subscriber dues, buy comics etc which help fund and keep these boards open.

I add variants or edit comics in the database.

I have normal open discussions on these very boards when some all great knowing M/A isnt complaining about my complaining in between ther own complaining.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:48:08 PM

padreglcc wrote:

Whoa, so you're entitled to voice your opinion but I'm not?

This is the last I will say about this matter: We all wish that some things were different around CCL. Most of us are not in a position to effect actual change. What all of us are in a position to do is be either negative or positive. One, I believe, will drive people away from the boards, while the other will foster community regardless of whether or not CCL makes substantial changes. I have decided to choose to be positive.

You are entitled, but I find it funny you dont tell XYLOB to shut up or any other "M/A" when they make the exact same posts. So if your going to have an opinion about negative comments it should be the exact same opinion regardless who posts. I guarantee you if I spent an hour searching on this board I will find tons of recent posts by M/A's who posted negative things about CCL and will also guarantee you didnt harp on them.

padreglcc wrote:
Having said that, Dylan, if I have actually offended you through expressing my opinion, I deeply regret that you are offended. I don't regret expressing my opinion, but I do regret that it caused you emotional pain and hurt. I look forward to contributing to the boards alongside you for a long time to come, hopefully in a positive and productive way.

Wasnt offended, just wondering why only I am being called out. Just in the "Maybe bug" thread they have 3 M/A's being negative about CCl, yet in your 3 posts you didnt complain about it. Hmmmmmm

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

padreglcc
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:21:34 PM

Ok, I am genuinely torn here. I previously posted that I would have nothing more to say on this subject besides, "I am choosing to be positive in what I post."

But if I don't respond, will I be accused of cowardice, favoritism, fostering inequality, perpetuating an imbalanced system that favors my fellow Approvers but harasses Dylan unfairly? Will Dylan think that he has won an argument with me when I have no desire to argue whatsoever? Do I need to defend myself to someone who has so spectacularly missed the point of what I wrote...twice? How does one keep posts positive yet defend a position/explain actions (or in this case, inactions)? Can it be done? Is this series of very serious rhetorical questions too pedantic? I will have to give this some thought.

In the meantime, here are my thoughts to all who are reading this exchange (I suppose even to Xylob Winking ): be positive on the boards (there are some genuinely fantastic threads going on right now down in the "Collecting-General Discussion" forum), don't cover up hatin' with lols (it's just disingenuous), try to encourage. I may have failed to do that in my original post to Dylan. I will try to do better next time around. In the meantime, I'm off to shovel some snow.

comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 2:58:56 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Hey Dylan (and everyone else). Just to let you know there is a difference between Moderators and Approvers. For that matter Hosts and Administrators are different too. I have often seen members post grouping us all together. Several of us are in more than one group, but many more are just in one.

Host: Supervises one specific section of the Forums, but has no powers within the section.

Moderator: Supervises one area (several sections) of the Forums. Mods have the power to delete and edit posts or threads within their area of the Forum. Mods also have exclusive access to the Moderators Lounge which is a separate section of the Forums designed for them only.

Administrator: Supervises the entire Forums with the same powers as the Mods plus the ability to ban members by name or by I.P. Address as well as edit personal Signatures and Avatars and a few other things that don't come to mind at the moment.

Approvers: Are members that have the power to accept and approve any and all change requests submitted to the database. The original Approvers were chosen by CCL ownership based on their knowledge of the CR system and their desire to help make this the site it is today. Today's Approvers are now the ones who select and nominate new members for membership in their group based on the same criteria. Approvers also have a Lounge for themselves where they can discuss possible changes to the database. In that section there are three Committees (Guidelines, Policy, and Arbitration) with 3 Approvers voted into each group. All of the Approvers are watched over by a Steward (me) who was appointed by CCL management.

Tool: A title bestowed on me by myself. Currently the only member with the title.Whistle

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:38:53 PM

padreglcc wrote:
don't cover up hatin' with lols (it's just disingenuous), try to encourage.

Most of my posts, positive or negative are followed with laughter, smiles or something since I am a comic at heart and always have a smile on my face. So if I post a "lol" its because I find something funny, if its a wonderful pet peeve, story or a negative comment. :)

Oh and yea your right ComicCastle I shouldnt lump everyone together, and actually think I have said that before, lol.

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 5:06:58 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

freakdylan wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
don't cover up hatin' with lols (it's just disingenuous), try to encourage.

Most of my posts, positive or negative are followed with laughter, smiles or something since I am a comic at heart and always have a smile on my face. So if I post a "lol" its because I find something funny, if its a wonderful pet peeve, story or a negative comment. :)

Oh and yea your right ComicCastle I shouldnt lump everyone together, and actually think I have said that before, lol.

There you go again, Dylan. Will you never learn my friend? Rolling on the Floor

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

lbej
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 5:29:32 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

padreglcc wrote:

I genuinely wonder about this--does management-bashing drive people away from the boards (and the site generally) or does it demonstrate that members are passionate about the site and encourage visitors to dig in to find out why that is? I don't know the answer to that question, but I don't think it's cut-and-dried.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:45:41 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

lbej wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

I genuinely wonder about this--does management-bashing drive people away from the boards (and the site generally) or does it demonstrate that members are passionate about the site and encourage visitors to dig in to find out why that is? I don't know the answer to that question, but I don't think it's cut-and-dried.

Before anyone be hating on management further on this, please note that Barney private messaged me at home on Sunday night and this issue was resolved for him. Matter of fact, here's a response back from him after I followed up with him to make sure he was still ok and running:

Subject: re: re: Problem entering new info
Posted: 1/7/2014 4:59:07 PM
Yep everything still seems to be working fine.

Side note: If it makes some of you guys feel better to bash on us (or me), I'm good with that as long as it doesn't get personal, out of hand or downright targeting our individual posts to the point of bullying...because Ibej is right. People are passionate about CCL. Sometimes people have the tendency to only comment on the bad stuff, and never on the good. Just remember that what you say does effect others and people do pick up on negativity, especially on the boards. AND especially since minutes of barney posting this thread, he and I communicated and the issue is no issue anymore. So there, naysayers! ;)

For us, being passionate about CCL doesn't always equal getting able to get out to the forums every day to post...which would be awesome and I am trying to find more time. But for us being passionate, that means doing what you guys have been asking for and making changes behind the scenes. I certainly have handled things poorly in some cases on CCL (something I freely admit), on the other hand, I've handled LOTS of others by comparison with a positive outcome. If you'd like, I can come out here and let you guys pound on me on a daily basis OR I can be productive behind the scenes to make CCL better and you can instead take that time to talk about your love for comics and make the forums better.

And finally, note that problems get the most attention and resolution by sending an email to: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com.

Carry on :)
b0bafett
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 4:00:21 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Applause Applause Applause