Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Which Marvel Character/Team has the best villain?
Choice Votes Statistics
Avengers - Kang 1 10%
Spider-Man - Green Goblin 3 30%
Fantastic Four - Dr. Doom 2 20%
X-Men - Magneto 2 20%
Hulk - Leader 0 0%
Dr Strange - Dormammu 1 10%
Captain America - Red Skull 0 0%
Iron Man - Mandarin 1 10%
SHIELD - Hydra 0 0%

Whose Baddie is Best? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:23:05 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The Marvel Universe has many outstanding super heroes and teams, and a plethora of villains for them to face. But some of these evildoers transcend mere "baddie-of-the-month" status and pose a fearsome challenge for our beloved good guys.

The characterizations and motivations of each may differ but the end goal for each of them is the same: exterminate their arch-nemesis!

I know I have left some out but I am limited to nine choices. Feel free to name your own favorite hero/villain adversaries.

Avengers - Kang

The Avengers have faced off against numerous enemies but time and time again it is Kang or one of his counterparts (Rama-Tut, Immortus, Scarlet Centurion, Council of Cross Time Kangs) that pop up with a sinister scheme. The Avengers usually win, but at a cost.

Other strong candidates are: Ultron, Thanos, Masters of Evil

Spider-Man - Green Goblin

There have been a few different Green Goblins and also a handful of Hobgoblins but Norman Osborne is the ultimate thorn in Spider-Man's side. The wall-crawler has dozens of foes but none have plagued him for as long and as effectively as has the one true Green Goblin.

Some more: Kingpin, Doctor Octopus

Fantastic Four - Dr. Doom

No doubt here, Victor Von Doom is the premiere opponent of the Fantastic Four. Sure, he's fought every hero there is but his obsession with proving he is better than Reed Richards drives him towards destroying him and his family.

Honorable mention: Galactus, Mad Thinker, Mole Man

X-Men - Magneto

Linked from day one, Magneto is at odds with Professor X over the course of action mutants should follow. This leads to constant conflict with all of the respective X-teams.

Can't forget: Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Hellfire Club

Hulk - Leader

This big headed guy is constantly hounding Hulk and won't leave Hulk alone. Why won't Bighead just go away?

Not going to leave out: Abomination, M.O.D.O.K., the US Army

Dr. Strange - Dormammu

Ruler of the Dark Dimension and master of the mystic arts. This mage with the fiery noggin continually tries to usurp Dr. Strange's power and take over our plane of existence.

Can also say: Baron Mordo, Nightmare

Captain America - Red Skull

A thug who stands against everything that Captain America believes in, the Red Skull's machinations have caused Steve Rogers' alter ego untold amounts of pain and frustration throughout the years.

Plus: Secret Empire, Baron Zemo (either one, take your pick)

Iron Man - Mandarin

The Mandarin has crossed paths with Tony Stark on many occasions and always proves to be a handful. His M.O. of sending waves of cannon fodder to wear Iron Man down has come close to working a number of times.

S.H.I.E.L.D. - Hydra

Every super-spy organization has to have a deadly rival group and Hydra is the KAOS to S.H.I.E.L.D's CONTROL. The epic confrontations between these two groups have leveled islands, flattened cities and sent many a heli-carrier down in flames.

I would be remiss if I didn't also mention: AIM, Scorpio

I didn't have room for other heroes and their nemeses (Daredevil - Kingpin; Wolverine - Sabretooth; Thor - Loki; Howard the Duck - Dr. Bong; etc.) so please feel free to add your own. And if you disagree or want to add something to me selections then have at it!

Excelsior!

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations
kidlippy
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 3:41:26 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I say Green Goblin/Norman Osborn. This guy has been responsible for most of Peter's pain over the years. How many villains can have an affair with his enemy's girlfriend, get her pregnant and take the twins from her and then be responsible for her death? And then there's the baby that was taken from Mary Jane back in the 90s that Norman played a part in. This guy is insane and it's scary that he knows Peter's identity.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

dunleavy75
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:39:17 PM

Groups: Member

Kang!!!

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
Shogun684
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 6:15:36 PM

Groups: Member

I love both The Mandarin and Dr Doom bit i go with Doom but voted Mandarin because he had none.
fenix1977
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:40:20 AM

Magneto for me..always loved him as a villain..

Mad Bloggings

icarus201
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:00:00 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host

Good poll choices, Howie. I was torn between Dr. Doom and the Goblin, but Osborn edged it for me, mainly for the same reasons that kidlippy listed. This is why Venom will never rate as an iconic Spider-Man villain. What definitive effect has this overrated 90's travesty ever wrought on Parker's life? You can't take him seriously. Venom is strictly comic relief.

Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
kidlippy
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:14:38 AM

icarus201 wrote:
Good poll choices, Howie. I was torn between Dr. Doom and the Goblin, but Osborn edged it for me, mainly for the same reasons that kidlippy listed. This is why Venom will never rate as an iconic Spider-Man villain. What definitive effect has this overrated 90's travesty ever wrought on Parker's life? You can't take him seriously. Venom is strictly comic relief.

I always liked Venom, but considering his knowledge of Peter and Spidey you would think he would be a better villain. He had his moments but that was it...moments. Didn't help to make him a "lethal protector" either.

http://www.myspace.com/kidlippy

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:35:06 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Subscriber, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Surprising that there's no Red Skull love. He has plagued Captain America since World War II and has even "killed" him at least twice. Tortured his friends, turned him old, transferred his mind into a Steve Rogers clone, and on and on.

For someone with no real "powers" he has proven to be dangerous nonetheless using objects of power such as the Cosmic Cube or employing ruthless henchmen like Crossbones, Mother Superior, Arnim Zola and others.

I am proud to Announce that I now have 500+ Hero Ratings!!! Thanks to all of my Amazing Customers! Big things are in store for Hall of Heroes this year. It is my personal goal to add a long box a week to my Inventory starting in April, 2014.

Please frequent the VS Forum located here. Have you ever wondered if so-and-so could beat blankety-blank? Well, wonder no longer. Everything can be decided here.

Watch Episode 3 of Turn on AMC this Sunday, April 20th!

Hall Liquidations