Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
DC Cancels More Books Options
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:57:44 AM

Groups: Member

I wasn't aware that Superman Unchained was a limited. I've been so excited seeing Jim Lee drawing a book that it will suck when the book ends. Also I've been singing the praises of Nightwing since the reboot. Really sorry to see it go. Well that two less books that I have to buy now.

Khaine
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:34:59 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

on dc's offical website if you look at the issue 9 info (they just added the april stuff) it says final issue.

I'm bummed I'm a huge Jim Lee fan...
SwiftMann
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:52:31 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

ukblueky wrote:
I wasn't aware that Superman Unchained was a limited. I've been so excited seeing Jim Lee drawing a book that it will suck when the book ends.

There was some hub-bub on CBR about it in October:

Quote:
UPDATE: 10-8-13 @ 7:15 AM - Scott Snyder has added on Twitter, "This ARC is 9-10 issues. Series is ongoing, and Jim & have said to each other, and publicly, we're playing it by ear in terms of whether we'll do the next arc, or let someone else. But we're enjoying working together a lot, so we'll see."

In an interview with artist and DC Entertainment co-publisher Jim Lee published Saturday by the Los Angeles Times, current DC Comics series "Superman Unchained" is stated twice to be running for nine issues, rather than as an ongoing series as widely presumed. CBR News has confirmed with DC that while Lee and writer Scott Snyder's initial arc of the series will run for nine issues, details on the book's future past that point won't be made public until further down the line.

"Superman Unchained" is described in the article's introduction as a nine-issue series, and when asked about the status of "Batman: Europra," a project first announced in 2004, the LA Times added another reference to "Unchained" as a nine-issue series.

"That’s a project I began a while back when I was living in Italy for a year," Lee's quote reads. "It's still on deck. I've gotten sidetracked with other projects. I'm working currently on [the nine-issue series] 'Superman Unchained' with a writer named Scott Snyder."

"Superman Unchained" was first announced as an untitled Snyder/Lee collaboration a year ago at New York Comic Con. Three issues have been released thus far, and the series has been solicited through December's issue #6. No mention has been made in DC's official materials of the series having a finite run.

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:05:37 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm really surprised by Nightwing cancellation. There are many more DC books that sell far fewer copies, plus Nightwing has lots of critical acclaim. Way to go, DC!
crackerjack1
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:43:13 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I see alot of negative comments on Nightwing's cancellation, but Kyle Higgins was done with his run and, personally, I'm glad they aren't replacing him with some mediocre writer just to continue the series.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
Tamwood
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:31:47 PM

My friend Meghan gets the art duties for the final issue of Nightwing! I'm so happy for her.
ukblueky
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:50:22 PM

SwiftMann wrote:
ukblueky wrote:
I wasn't aware that Superman Unchained was a limited. I've been so excited seeing Jim Lee drawing a book that it will suck when the book ends.

There was some hub-bub on CBR about it in October:

Quote:
UPDATE: 10-8-13 @ 7:15 AM - Scott Snyder has added on Twitter, "This ARC is 9-10 issues. Series is ongoing, and Jim & have said to each other, and publicly, we're playing it by ear in terms of whether we'll do the next arc, or let someone else. But we're enjoying working together a lot, so we'll see."

In an interview with artist and DC Entertainment co-publisher Jim Lee published Saturday by the Los Angeles Times, current DC Comics series "Superman Unchained" is stated twice to be running for nine issues, rather than as an ongoing series as widely presumed. CBR News has confirmed with DC that while Lee and writer Scott Snyder's initial arc of the series will run for nine issues, details on the book's future past that point won't be made public until further down the line.

"Superman Unchained" is described in the article's introduction as a nine-issue series, and when asked about the status of "Batman: Europra," a project first announced in 2004, the LA Times added another reference to "Unchained" as a nine-issue series.

"That’s a project I began a while back when I was living in Italy for a year," Lee's quote reads. "It's still on deck. I've gotten sidetracked with other projects. I'm working currently on [the nine-issue series] 'Superman Unchained' with a writer named Scott Snyder."

"Superman Unchained" was first announced as an untitled Snyder/Lee collaboration a year ago at New York Comic Con. Three issues have been released thus far, and the series has been solicited through December's issue #6. No mention has been made in DC's official materials of the series having a finite run.

Thanks for the article. I rarely read any comic book sites, which may be odd for a comic book reader.

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:36:18 PM

I don't read 'em either - too many spoilers.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
Shadowdodger
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:52:37 PM

padreglcc wrote:
And DC just announced the cancellation of 6 more titles in April. Along with the end of Justice League America (which we already knew was being rebooted as Justice League United), DC has also announced the following titles will be ending:

Nightwing, at issue #30
Superman Unchained, at issue #9
StormWatch, at issue #30
Suicide Squad, at issue #30
Teen Titans, at issue #30

Very surprised be some of these. Not so much by StormWatch... the book's been terrible since Starlin rebooted it. But I thought the rest were doing ok. I find myself curious what titles will be replacing them.

I'll be losing 2 from this latest round of cuts - Nightwing and Teen Titans. Nightwing has been consistently good. I've been on the fence with Teen Titans but at this point I'll just ride it out. Oh well, saves me six bucks a month.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
rook68
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 11:27:48 PM

I am going to be bummed about Suicide Squad going. It started with checking out Harley Quinn in the title but soon became a big Deadshot and King Shark fan.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

padreglcc
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:47:28 AM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

rook68 wrote:
I am going to be bummed about Suicide Squad going. It started with checking out Harley Quinn in the title but soon became a big Deadshot and King Shark fan.

King Shark has been hilarious! Suicide Squad is the one I'm most bummed about.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
fenix1977
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 11:59:06 AM

Thundercron wrote:
I'm really surprised by Nightwing cancellation. There are many more DC books that sell far fewer copies, plus Nightwing has lots of critical acclaim. Way to go, DC!

Nightwing is one of the few DC books that I read. It has been fantastic yet as long as Didio is around..I always get the feeling that he has a "hit list" of characters...and that Nightwing is at the top of that list. If they kill him off (which Didio has wanted to do) I might just drop the few DC tittles I have on my list.

Mad Bloggings

ukblueky
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 6:57:47 PM

2 other titles I saw that are getting the axe with issue #29 in March are
Animal Man and Batman: The Dark Knight.

Can't believe Batman: The Dark Knight lasted this long. It was never really good but Finch's art kinda saved it. Once he was gone so was I.

padreglcc
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 7:30:42 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host, Reviews Host, Subscriber

ukblueky wrote:

Animal Man will be part of the new Justice League United title.

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.
teh_longinator
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 11:20:58 PM

ukblueky wrote:

Can't believe Batman: The Dark Knight lasted this long. It was never really good but Finch's art kinda saved it. Once he was gone so was I.

I felt the same way.

After that ridiculously long Mad Hatter arc, I dropped the book like it was hot. I enjoyed the Scarecrow arc, but otherwise it was just too much investment, and not enough payoff. Been meaning to dump my issues on eBay or something, but dunno if I want to follow through, or pick up the missing issues in my run to finish the set off.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
ratrapp
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 5:36:43 AM

I hadn't bought new comics since the early 90s and just got into buying new comics with the 52.i started off with flash,green lantern,justice league,batman,detective and the dark knight.green lantern it seems that every story would require you to buy into other green lantern series that I don't care about so it's gone.as soon as forever evil is over justice league will be dropped.now that dark knight is being cancelled that's another one down.i only buy one new marvel comic(iron man)and I'm thinking about dropping it.i seem to remember why I quit reading new comics now.
rook68
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:51:31 AM

Another DC title that's getting cancelled. Never heard anything about this title. I guess no one else did to. The cover art looks good but everyone knows that art isn't everything. There has to be a good story behind the art to last.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

Khaine
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:13:19 AM

rook68 wrote:
Another DC title that's getting cancelled. Never heard anything about this title. I guess no one else did to. The cover art looks good but everyone knows that art isn't everything. There has to be a good story behind the art to last.

I kind of knew that one wouldn't last, they try to bring back flops from the seventies thinking that they will do well.
Khaine
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:20:02 AM

ratrapp wrote:
I hadn't bought new comics since the early 90s and just got into buying new comics with the 52.i started off with flash,green lantern,justice league,batman,detective and the dark knight.green lantern it seems that every story would require you to buy into other green lantern series that I don't care about so it's gone.as soon as forever evil is over justice league will be dropped.now that dark knight is being cancelled that's another one down.i only buy one new marvel comic(iron man)and I'm thinking about dropping it.i seem to remember why I quit reading new comics now.

I'm the opposite, I stopped in the late 80's early 90's but, I've been pretty much sucked back in full tilt. It's the prices that are killing me. I'm starting to just buy back issues from the past 5-6 years and read all them. I really like that geoff johns guy. I also enjoy the top cow image comics and they are priced within reason.
junkmonkey
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:59:55 PM

Groups: Media Host, Member, Moderator

ukblueky wrote:

I guess Dc figures no one can write Animal Man as successfully as Jeff Lemire. I do know you can add Sinestro to the list of new on-goings. I swear, Green Lantern only has so many spin offs comics because they have cross overs every 3 issues.