Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Lets put the Amazing..back in Spider-Man! Options
rook68
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 12:18:57 PM

Groups: Member

BruceReville wrote:
rook68 wrote:

I didn't read of any of Slott's comments but comic book fans know no one dies or stays dead in comics. Superman, Batman, Flash, Captain America and so on. With Peter, it was always WHEN was he coming back. For anyone, even the writer(s), to say that a character is dead for good especially a popular main character. Nobody believes that for second. Personally it's a trend that I dislike but Marvel and DC love to do.

Uncle Ben - Uncle Ben has stayed dead

Lol. I will bite. Uncle Ben isn't a popular main character. He is a supporting character. I was referring to main characters to further the argument. But who says Ben can't come back? Zombie apocolypse! A Marvel version of "Blackest Night". Oh no. What am I saying?

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 1:39:46 PM

rook68 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
rook68 wrote:

I didn't read of any of Slott's comments but comic book fans know no one dies or stays dead in comics. Superman, Batman, Flash, Captain America and so on. With Peter, it was always WHEN was he coming back. For anyone, even the writer(s), to say that a character is dead for good especially a popular main character. Nobody believes that for second. Personally it's a trend that I dislike but Marvel and DC love to do.

Uncle Ben - Uncle Ben has stayed dead

Lol. I will bite. Uncle Ben isn't a popular main character. He is a supporting character. I was referring to main characters to further the argument. But who says Ben can't come back? Zombie apocolypse! A Marvel version of "Blackest Night". Oh no. What am I saying?

If it wasn't for Uncle Ben being killed - Spidey would be doing Las Vegas shows by now and not fighting crime - pretty important supporting character

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

rook68
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 2:39:55 PM

Where did I say Uncle Ben wasn't important? Uncle Ben is like Bruce Wayne's parents. Your right. There wouldn't be a crime fighting Spiderman without his death. But Ben isn't the main character.
Don't be mad at me. Be mad at the guy who killed Uncle Ben. Oh wait. He's dead too. I would pay to see a Vegas show with Spiderman in it. That show would be awesome. Better than any Cirque Du Soliel I have ever seen and I have seen a few of them.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 3:07:38 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Uncle Ben to me was never really a "character", he was more of a concept.

He was killed off in the first few pages of the brief initial appearance of Spider-Man and was used forever after as the impetus behind Peter's sense of Great Responsibility. You never saw him except for photographs and the occasional flashback. No, it was always Aunt May who was there for Petey and provided him comfort and solace. Ben was simply an archetype for Spider-Man to emulate. An important supporting character to be sure and it is interesting that he has never been resurrected like pretty much every other deceased comic book personage.

Batman's parents are a good analogy.

Back to Aunt May, how often has she died now? I can think of at least three times...

Even supporting characters make a habit of coming back from the dead in comics. Gwen Stacy?Whistle

But never Ben.

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 3:49:04 PM

rook68 wrote:
Where did I say Uncle Ben wasn't important? Uncle Ben is like Bruce Wayne's parents. Your right. There wouldn't be a crime fighting Spiderman without his death. But Ben isn't the main character.
Don't be mad at me. Be mad at the guy who killed Uncle Ben. Oh wait. He's dead too. I would pay to see a Vegas show with Spiderman in it. That show would be awesome. Better than any Cirque Du Soliel I have ever seen and I have seen a few of them.

I must apologize I didn't intend for it to come out as "You think Uncle Ben is not important" - I was actually going for a hopeful comedic response of "Spidey In Vegas" - Sorry

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 3:51:20 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Flashpoint - Thomas and Martha Live!

MoonKnight1
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 3:54:24 PM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Must have missed that one! Are they still around?

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 4:10:18 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

Gone until the next DC Reboot

rook68
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 3:34:04 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:

What? Really? I missed that one too.

BruceReville
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:37:31 AM

Flashpoint - Bruce Wayne died as a child - Thomas Wayne became Batman and Martha became the Joker.

MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:57:03 AM

Shop at My Store

BruceReville wrote:
Flashpoint - Bruce Wayne died as a child - Thomas Wayne became Batman and Martha became the Joker.

Now I have to get that. Thanks Bruce!Tongue

Hall Liquidations

BruceReville
Posted: Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:12:53 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
BruceReville wrote:

Now I have to get that. Thanks Bruce!Tongue

The main story of Martha and Thomas takes place in the Flashpoint Batman series - it is touched upon in the main Flashpoint series

Skattershot
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:25:02 PM

Thundercron wrote:
A few things jump out at me from that article.

First--Slott's claim that the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just a few months after Peter's return is just a coincidence and had nothing to do with the comic's storyline. BUUUUUUUULLLLLLLL Crap! Does anyone really believe that? It's been Marvel's standard MO that their comics match the movies as close as possible by the time the film is released. X-Men in leather. Bullseye in a trench coat and a forehead tattoo. I guess the Avengers Assemble comic that debuted when The Avengers came out and starred the exact same line-up as the film--musta' been a coincidence.

Which leads to the second observation. Slott's admission to lying to EVERYBODY for the past few years that Peter is dead. We all know that these writers and editors flat-out lie whenever a character is killed off, but I'm not sure how to react when Slott finally admits to lying. In the past, the lies are just ignored after the fact. The fact that Slott is the first I've heard to actually admit to lying--not sure how to react to that. I guess it means I have no reason to believe him now in regards to my first point in this post.

I believe you're right. I think they had every intention of keeping Doc Ock in Pete's body. If there wasn't such an uproar from fans, they'd have kept Pete in the past and Doc Ock running the show. They needed an escape clause and they got one...in the movie! "Oh, we had it planned..." I don't think Marvel makes any long term plans like they used to with characters. They got an idea and ran with with it until the tracks ran out.
They're probably going to change things ALOT in the movie, and THEN try to change the comics to match, when really in the 1st place it should be vice-versa. Very few Marvel movies come close to comics anymore (Hence, the X-title movies and Wolverine...any continuity there never existed to begin with). The Captain America movie was decent, but they rebooted Hulk so many times who knows the real origins? Same goes with Wolvie's movies....deplorable there.
I don't trust any Marvel press releases anymore. I understand Disney's go their chains, but they almost seem to be winging alot of stuff now these days.
teh_longinator
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 6:56:23 PM

Skattershot wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

First--Slott's claim that the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 just a few months after Peter's return is just a coincidence and had nothing to do with the comic's storyline. BUUUUUUUULLLLLLLL Crap! Does anyone really believe that? It's been Marvel's standard MO that their comics match the movies as close as possible by the time the film is released. X-Men in leather. Bullseye in a trench coat and a forehead tattoo. I guess the Avengers Assemble comic that debuted when The Avengers came out and starred the exact same line-up as the film--musta' been a coincidence.

Which leads to the second observation. Slott's admission to lying to EVERYBODY for the past few years that Peter is dead. We all know that these writers and editors flat-out lie whenever a character is killed off, but I'm not sure how to react when Slott finally admits to lying. In the past, the lies are just ignored after the fact. The fact that Slott is the first I've heard to actually admit to lying--not sure how to react to that. I guess it means I have no reason to believe him now in regards to my first point in this post.

I believe you're right. I think they had every intention of keeping Doc Ock in Pete's body. If there wasn't such an uproar from fans, they'd have kept Pete in the past and Doc Ock running the show. They needed an escape clause and they got one...in the movie! "Oh, we had it planned..." I don't think Marvel makes any long term plans like they used to with characters. They got an idea and ran with with it until the tracks ran out.
They're probably going to change things ALOT in the movie, and THEN try to change the comics to match, when really in the 1st place it should be vice-versa. Very few Marvel movies come close to comics anymore (Hence, the X-title movies and Wolverine...any continuity there never existed to begin with). The Captain America movie was decent, but they rebooted Hulk so many times who knows the real origins? Same goes with Wolvie's movies....deplorable there.
I don't trust any Marvel press releases anymore. I understand Disney's go their chains, but they almost seem to be winging alot of stuff now these days.

All I can say to this is +1. +1 for sure.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Thundercron
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:12:00 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

teh_longinator wrote:
Skattershot wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

All I can say to this is +1. +1 for sure.

Oh, and here's another thing: just saw in previews who the villain is in the new Spider-man #1. You guessed it...Electro. Dan Slott would have us believe that's a coincidence, too.